It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judge Blocks Parts Of Arizona Immigration Law

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Digital_Reality
I'm just confused as to why they are using all this energy to block attempts to secure the border instead of actually trying to pass a law to STOP the migration of drugs and illegals over the border.

They are literally making no attempt at solving the problem. Its almost like they want to allow the current situation to continue.

I see you are thinking the same as me. I wondered about it myself. Does the government understand, that by NOT enforcing the federal law, they can be held liable. It would be within the states rights to go after the Feds for not enforcing the law. Now is the time that this should be brought to light. The Feds say, we are trying to enforce it, but, by the count of illegals that are here, they fail in the attempt. So, how is spending tax payer money to fight Arizona going to help? It`s not. Arizona, like many other states, are sick of the Feds not making a better attempt at enforcing it. So what, in the mean time, the state is suppose to just sit back and watch the illegals cross the border? Did this inept government stop to think, that while they fight Arizona on this, many more will cross the border, and not only put a strain on the state of Arizona, but many other states. It`s not like the illegals just sit in that state, they fan out all over the country, putting pressure on many other states.

What needs to be done, instead of each state going at this alone, they need to ban together and go after the Feds. If it`s a fight the Feds want, as they have shown with Arizona, then ban together and give them one. It may be one thing to slap the hand of one state, but try it with many of them and see where it gets you. Instead of the Feds spending money to fight a state, take that money and make it work to stop illegals from coming here. It all boils down to the fact, that if the Feds don`t like what Arizona is doing, then get off of their dead back sides and enforce the damn law that is on the books now.

[edit on 28-7-2010 by FiatLux]

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   
heck yes.. this racist law will be block a win for the people of this world..

we are all one

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by sex raptor
heck yes.. this racist law will be block a win for the people of this world..

we are all one

In a way we are all one.

But legally we are Americans and they are Mexicans, Central Americans and some others.

The judge waited to act until just before the law was going into effect. That's irresponsible. She should have acted a bit earlier, both to relieve the shock, and to allow time for her ruling to be appealed.

Nevertheless I hope everyone in Arizona will stay calm and think strategically. This matter should be moved out of the judge's court to a higher level. Heck it's probably going to end up in the Supreme Court anyway, might as well get moving. The judge, as far as I know, presents no legal arguments and is just obstructing.

Clear her out of the way and move on to a more competent court.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by FiatLux
... Does the government understand, that by NOT enforcing the federal law, they can be held liable. It would be within the states rights to go after the Feds for not enforcing the law. ...

I think they cannot go after the Feds because of "sovereign immunity" or some such. They could secede and say the marriage is no longer working. Maybe that's the way we're going, I don't know.

Arizona is not in a very good position to secede because of water shortage. Unless they own all the rights to the Central Arizona Project (a big pipe running from the Colorado River, on the Arizona / California border, east to Phoenix and Tucson) including the rights to the water. In terms of power they are in pretty good shape; they have Palo Verde Nuclear Generating Station.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Im just really happy right now.. its not the poilce job to check their status.. Our system needs to be fix so it can be easier for them to become U.S citizen.

This is a win for the citizens of this world.. all we need to do is vote out the racist Arizona Governor Jan Brewer then we need tp make the 12 million ailens legal

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Answer these questions for me(if you can)

You really believe for a second that Mexico is going to increase their border security to keep people from leaving their country to go into the US?

You really think they are going to put their money into securing the border when there is nobody trying to get into their country?

You really think that they want to HELP US secure our border when most of the money comes from OUR country?

I believe the Arizona Law was the first step in a major breakthrough in illegal immigration. When I get pulled over, or arrested by the police, the FIRST thing that they do , is check my status. They check to see WHO I am, WHERE I am from, WHAT I have done in the past, They check EVERYTHING on the person they are about to engage. That is the safest way for the police to know WHO they are dealing with Before they deal with them. They come back to the car and they ask "Ok, I notice you are still living at so and so, and that you have committed these crimes and violations, and that you are who you say you are"/ So i am going to write you a ticket Mr So and So, and if you feel like disputing it in court, well then by all means do so, but until then, you committed a crime, and you will get the proper punishment, You are going to jail".

Now Imagine them pulling someone over, who they know NOTHING about.
This person does not show up in the computer screen unless he has been a prior criminal here in the states. This person can not prove his identification, his status as a citizen, or anything. All he can prove to the cop is that he is alive. He has no insurace, he has no vehicle registration, he has NOTHING. The cop then puts him in handcuffs, sits him down on the sidewalk, and asks for assistance. Another cop shows up, and says to the arresting officer "well, we really cant do anything to this guy, we cant even bring him in because it would be a waste of time and money, because this guy wont show up to court, and once we take him to the station, we will be made to let him go anyways". He then goes back to the
illegal alien and says "you are going to have to walk home, but we are going to have to take your car, dont worry about a ticket, just go, and NO, you are not going to jail".

Do you not see anything wrong with that?

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Look, you asked if you were wrong...and you were. Now it is up to you if you want to educate yourself or remain willfully ignorant.

Did you read my post? Link: My 1st post in this thread

If one is detained because of probable cause,and has no ID, one's status will need to be verified. That means all of us, citizens or not. If we are detained without probable cause, that is illegal on the part of law enforcement.

I wasn't talking about jaywalking.

Thanks for providing a convenient (though unrealistic in post 9/11 America) Wiki link to provide feedback to your ignorance by not reading posts before you respond:

While detention requires only that police have reasonable suspicion that a person is involved in criminal activity, an arrest requires that the officer have probable cause to believe that the person has committed a crime. Although some states require police to inform the person of the intent to make the arrest and the cause for the arrest,[13] it is not always obvious when a detention becomes an arrest. After making an arrest, police may search a person, her belongings, and her immediate surroundings.

I.E: In reality one who is detained for suspected criminal involvement and has no ID is always ARRESTED. Doesn't matter if black, white, crimson or whatever. 9/11 did that for us, PATRIOT ACT I,II ...
How does that discriminate against "legal immigrants" who choose not to carry their paperwork around while they do things to arouse the suspicion of the police?

It is not clear whether a “stop and identify” law could compel giving one’s name after being arrested, although some states have laws that specifically require an arrested person to give her name and other biographical information,[16] and some state courts[17][18] have held that refusal to give one’s name constitutes obstructing a public officer. As a practical matter, an arrested person who refused to give her name would have little chance of obtaining a prompt release.

I didn't need your help with wikipedia; I didn't use it because most US citizens living with our legal (so-called post 9/11) framework already know all of this.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   
I am not surprised by this ruling. It just confirms that all THREE branches of our government are corrupt, and could care less about the Constitution.
The illegals take to the streets every time someone threatens to crack down on illegal immigration. Maybe it IS time for the legal Americans that are SICK AND TIRED of the garbage being pushed by this government, to take to the streets, and WATER THE TREE OF LIBERTY.
We are sick and tired and are not going to take it anymore!

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

so when they dont agree with you omfgg their corrupt omgggg.. just soo funny

YOu mad Dog

[edit on 28-7-2010 by sex raptor]

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProfEmeritus
I am not surprised by this ruling. It just confirms that all THREE branches of our government are corrupt, and could care less about the Constitution.
The illegals take to the streets every time someone threatens to crack down on illegal immigration. Maybe it IS time for the legal Americans that are SICK AND TIRED of the garbage being pushed by this government, to take to the streets, and WATER THE TREE OF LIBERTY.
We are sick and tired and are not going to take it anymore!

wasint just the illegals taken it to the street it was the american people mix with immgrants..

btw you mad?

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I called the office of the AZ Gov. a while ago and she is indeed determined to fight this all the way to the Supreme Court.

I wished them luck and yet I sit here stunned at the tragic loss those of us who value our citizenship suffered at the hands of this lone radical judge.

We all know, at least those of us who have taken time to read the law, that the Supreme Court should and probably will uphold the law as Constitutional, but what hurts most here at least to me is the fact that our president (lower case, he doesn't deserve upper case) is spending his time either vacationing or fighting the will of the people here.

In a state that is also swarming with illegal's, I am getting sick to death of paying my taxes and feeding these people and paying their medical expenses, teaching their children, and sustaining their lifestyles.

The men come here for work, pay little taxes, or work under the table...they send their earnings home to mexico and after about 5 years retire and sit on their butts on a beach somewhere in mexico on the earnings they made here.

The majority aren't at all interested in becoming Americans, they are simply using the system! And those of you out there who say otherwise are either stupid, sorry but it's true, or your completely ignorant.

We will win this one, Obama will be a one term failure, but sadly the damage that has been done in our nation over the past two years, piggy backing the damage done under Bush has pushed this nation to the boiling point.

We aren't racist for wanting to be a nation governed by laws and standards, they are what keep us from becoming a nation of animals and anarchists...

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   

It's racial profiling so what? If you are looking for a particular kind of criminal, do you not formulate your search parameters based on known probability factors? I'm looking for illegal immigrants, here in Arizona, the majority of illegal immigrants are Hispanic. Sooo, do we look for white people? Black People? Asian? uh no, we're looking for Hispanics mostly. Why is this a problem? If you're looking for drug dealers, do you go to the mall? Or go to the bad side of town? If you're looking for something, don't ya go looking in the places with highest probability of discovery first?

I hear all the time that Hispanic citizens are outraged about this mess. So if logic holds, if they were stopped and asked for ID, wouldn;t they be glad that the police were doing something? Who are we worried about offending here? Hispanic citizens got nothing to worry about, they should be glad, seeing how it's their communities and benefits programs that are getting raped.

So which is it? Either we tie officers hands and continue our failed immigration policies adn nobodies little feelings get hurt, or we get tough and do the unpleasant business and maybe accomplish something? People wnat the solution without dealing with the price. You either support cracking down and resign yourself to some inconvenience, or you worry about peoples feelings and let millions of criminals sucks the life out of us.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by oniongrass

Originally posted by FiatLux
... Does the government understand, that by NOT enforcing the federal law, they can be held liable. It would be within the states rights to go after the Feds for not enforcing the law. ...

I think they cannot go after the Feds because of "sovereign immunity" or some such. They could secede and say the marriage is no longer working. Maybe that's the way we're going, I don't know.

Arizona is not in a very good position to secede because of water shortage. Unless they own all the rights to the Central Arizona Project (a big pipe running from the Colorado River, on the Arizona / California border, east to Phoenix and Tucson) including the rights to the water. In terms of power they are in pretty good shape; they have Palo Verde Nuclear Generating Station.

Your talking secession, i`m not. I`m talking about a group of states banding together and proving in court that the government is not doing the job it was meant to do. Call it a stern warning, that if they continue their lax ways, then be ready to have it`s power taken away.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   
On another note, I find it hilarious that people blame the Government before the people actually commiting the crime. I agree the goverment doesn't do enough(if they do anything at all), but nobody is putting a gun to their heads and forcing them to come here illegally. The blame lies with the person who makes a conscious decision to do something wrong, regardless of how attractive someone else may make it. Yes we should be putting the heat on to make our elected officials to deal with the problem, but we should not lose sight of the fact that even if we locked our country down and went into police state mode, there would STILL be people trying to get here illegally. That's just it, people gonna do what people gonna do.

If the goverment did everything possible to secure the border and stop illegal immigration, but yet people still snuck in, would you still be blaming the government?

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   
i am pissed off to no end at anyone who thinks this is great.

i am pissed off to no end at the federal government for not doing its job.

i am pissed off to no end at every single liberal for not only turning a blind eye to illegal immigration but glady-gleefully cheering them every step of the way.

FACT : every single day illegals are stealing billions upon billions of dollars from every legal citizen of this country. in the form of jobs,helathcare,social security and welfare. NOne of them even pay taxes whatsoever.

FACT: bernie maddov was crucified for doing the same thing to you people-did you let him get off from it hell no.

FACT: MILLIONS of legal citizens are turned down every single day for benefits that YOUR government bends over backwards to give to illegals but say " eh they were born here but screw you anyways"

the law is the law.

NO ONE PERSON IS ABOVE THE LAW
NO ETHINIC GROUPS EITHER.

and if your sitting there and not be enraged by this there is something seriously wrong with you.

this country needs to care care of her own BEFORE ANYONE ELSE.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   

I am not sure where you get your information form, but try reading the bill. then read the federal statutes. Arizona is only trying to make it possible for local law enforcement to do the same job the border patrol should be doing, but can't due to manpower restraints.

Look up the term illegal. Now look up what is supposed to happen to anyone who enters the US illegally. Once you have done that, please come back and tell me why you think like you do. The border is only a part of the problem. making it hugely illegal to support or hire anyone illegal is the way to handle this. When a company can get finned 50K per infraction for hiring an illegal, we will have a start. Come to the US legally. Or stay the F out.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   
The worlds laughing at us. America, one of the strongest nations in the world and yet they can't even secure their borders. Did judge bolton get a nice little call from the White House to gut this law that mirrors the federal law which our government refuses to enforce. Well, I'm sure the mexican presidents happy with the news. Unfreaking believeable.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Now I have been paying attention to the AZ law, as it has further ramifications, that goes beyond the state of Arizona and the federal government does not understand that it is going to come back and really lay into them in ways they are not prepared for. Now while the federal judge can not be blamed, as she asked questions that are legitmate that neither side was not prepared for, believing they were correct in their stance. Now the question is are the lawyers on all of the sides of the issue, are going to be looking at and trying to determine not only how to use this, but also overturn this decision. Part of the bill that the judge tossed out, pretty much overturned federal law and statute, and that can be used in all deportation cases from today onward. Think about it, no law enforcement can ask to see papers or any id, and this ruling will be the basis of that defense, no matter who it may be or in any state of the country. So both sides are going to seek to over turn the judgement in their favor and this is far from being over, it is just the begining. It is neither a victory for either the federal government or the state of Arizona.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   
they do everytime they ask to see you drivers license and insurance dude.

like it or not those are your papers.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Hey, the congress is attempting to pass a bill that if you buy a cell phone you are required to show id. But if you are arrested for something you do not have to.

Boy, this sounds like our government is insane.

Oh, by the way, I just became an criminal invader. Since the criminal invaders do not have to follow the law, seems to be a good label.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join