It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judge Blocks Parts Of Arizona Immigration Law

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by ChrisF231

I have a feeling that Arizona is not going to take this on their backs. This will make things much worse. Now they will have to break the law to uphold the law. I'm not sure how that is going to work but it does not look good.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   
I got an Idea.

Lets just get rid of the Police Force.

Since the government wont let them SERVE AND PROTECT, what in the hell are we paying them for?

Might as well just get rid of our constitution. Lets just say "screw the law" and do what we please. I say we invite ALL people in; ANYONE, I dont care who. Our laws mean NOTHING to the people that WROTE THE LAWS.
So whats the point in having laws if the very people who wrote them dont make sure that they are enforced? Hmm.

I wish this Board was a members only 18+ right now, because I would be cussing up a S@#! storm.

I guess the only things these cops will be able to do is hand people speeding tickets, that way we can pay their salaries for doing absolutely nothing while we are trying to get to work on time(or the lack there-of because all the illegals took them for slave labor wages that is AGAINST THE LAW).

The law is something that used to be respected, but I guess the Jesse James gang were the first ones to figure out that it really doesnt matter anyways, the law is just something people use to screw over other people who have less power then them. The citizens of this country mean NOTHING to these bastards, and I hope one day that the people will finally have enough and take every single one of these treasonous bastards out to the front lines and make THEM experience what THEY have put US through in the past.

"Look, but dont touch, touch, but dont taste, taste, but dont swallow(And while you are hoping around from one foot to the other, you know what they are doing? LAUGHING THEIR SICK @#@#ing A%%es off thats what"
-Al Pacino(with my own twist).

Arizona- Im right next door. And I am willing to help with whatever you need. I am sure I am not the only one either.

Ignoring the people is one thing, but spitting in their face..THAT...is war.

Edit-

[edit on 28-7-2010 by Common Good]

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   
This is sickening, the Federal government of the United States of America has essentially become a puppet regime of Mexico, the drug cartels, and greedy big business groups.

We sure as hell better kick this bunch to the curb come November

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChrisF231
This is sickening, the Federal government of the United States of America has essentially become a puppet regime of Mexico, the drug cartels, and greedy big business groups.

We sure as hell better kick this bunch to the curb come November

Sadly, I think the November election will result in a revolution, because the voting is rigged. Easy to write or have a small worm written to change votes in an digital voting machine. /cough

+3 more 
posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I am so angry at everyone's bigotry!!!!!

Some of the comments here DISGUST ME!!

What is wrong with some of you mannnnn

If the United States is destabalizing mexico, and the people are therefore too scared to continue living there then of course they will come here.
It's YOUR country that is destabalizing Mexico!!!

Why do you think most of the mass violence is mostly occuring in the U.S.-Mexico border? It's just a geographical coincidence that it's near the border?
REALLY???

The U.S.-Mexico border will become worse than Kashmir!

On September 24, 2007, a Florida based Gulfstream II jet aircraft, number N987SA, crashed in the Yucatan . As it turns out, not only was the plane used on at least three CIA rendition flights from Europe and the United States to the Guantánamo torture chamber, but it was loaded with tons of coc aine when it went down. El Nuevo Herald reported that the CIA plane was loaded up with 3.3 tons of coke in Medellín, Colombia, and was used to ferry “hundreds of delinquents,” including alleged members of the Taliban, to Cuba for water boarding and other specialties.

www.globalresearch.ca...

It has also been a well known and documented fact in the press and in congressional records that the US intelligence agencies have dealt and circulated drugs in the US and abroad for many years.

www.globalresearch.ca...

Who do you think is making these people come here?
This is just like the ATS expose shoing helicopters scaring horses into an area where they wanted them, NO DIFFERENCE!

Last month, the U.S. government’s own Bureau of International Narcotics and Law Enforcement Affairs, released its policy-shaping “2009 International Narcotics Strategy Report.” As the bureau had to admit, “U.S.-purchased or stolen firearms account for an estimated 95% of the Mexico’s drug-related killings.”

www.alternet.org...'s_drug_war_bloodbath:_guns_from_the_u.s._are_destabilizing_the_country/

SERIOUSLY!!!

Stop it with the uneducated emotional responses and just stop and think

These are human beings and it is largely the fault of YOUR country that these illegals are here.
Stop the arrogance!

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Well, if they cannot ask or check their status as a U.S. citizen, they shouldn't be allowed to check anything. If they are pulled over for speeding, no questions about the ownership of the vehicle, the bag of weed on the front seat, or the guns on the backseat.
Hand out the speeding ticket and get on your way, officer!

Edit: The Mods closed this thread, and linked to another closed thread on a different topic?

[edit on 28-7-2010 by Stewie]

link   
All this fabricated outrage...it's funny to me.

Look..if you didn't see this coming then you are blind. Immigration is handled by the Federal government because it involves other nations.

The really funny thing is that Arizona knew this bill will never hold up...but they knew it would create this fabricated outrage and get them votes and donations. How easy all of you are played...and apparently since you are on ATS you are not a sheep...LOL.

The law was bad...it got smacked down as it should have.

+1 for humans.

link   
Thread re-opened.

Two different stories from the other thread.

[edit on 28-7-2010 by SkepticOverlord]

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Intelearthling

From OP's source:

"There is a substantial likelihood that officers will wrongfully arrest legal resident aliens under the new (law)," Bolton ruled. "By enforcing this statute, Arizona would impose a 'distinct, unusual and extraordinary' burden on legal resident aliens that only the federal government has the authority to impose."

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong. We all have to carry a driver's license, or state issued ID. Both of those documents have to be sourced to a birth certificate, or a green card, visa etc. If one is detained because of probable cause,and has no ID, one's status will need to be verified. That means all of us, citizens or not. If we are detained without probable cause, that is illegal on the part of law enforcement. Not that it doesn't happen all the time, including white males around 50 who grow their hair like they still are in the 70's.

By that I mean: Who are you? Are there warrants for your arrest? What are your priors?

What is wrong with finding out if federal law has been violated as well? e.g are you a terrorist, what country are you from? If you are here illegally, there are many problems that could present. Even those of us who are citizens with families here for two centuries still have to be hassled at the airport or cruise liner terminal, or crossing back from Canada. Mexico too I hear, but I quit going there long ago.

So if we all have to have some form of ID to function in daily life (unless we only stay on the farm), especially if we get our little selves in trouble (i.e. "illegals") how does checking residency "impose a distinct, unusual and extraordinary' burden on legal resident aliens that only the federal government has the authority to impose."

edit to add: If I drive around without my driver's license and insurance proof, you can bet your bottom dollar that I will be detained. With longish hair, dark sunglasses, and no criminal record. I fit a certain profile as well. Where is an activist judge to protect me, a native US citizen???!!!

[edit on 28-7-2010 by 1SawSomeThings]

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   
so we cant blame the mexicans for coming here cause of the cartel violence and we can't protect the borders either... Seems like the feds are to blame in both situations IMHO.

So the solution? eliminate the federal gov.....They need us...we DONT need them. Its easy to see the feds have their own agenda rather than the will of the people. And when they go they can take their illegal wars, illegal gov agencies, and all their crimes with them.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by 1SawSomeThings

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong. We all have to carry a driver's license, or state issued ID.

No, this is not true...you are not required to carry any identification at all. If you are driving a car, then yes you need a DL...but you don't need an ID just to walk down the street.

Some states (I think about half) have "stop and identify" laws which means a policy officer can ask you to identify yourself if he suspects you of commiting or about to commit a crime...and then all you have to do is state your name.

So no...we don't all have to carry an ID...most do, but it isn't the law.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Well if you didn;t know before, you know now: The Gov't cares more about illegals than they care about you.

To all you warm and fuzzy let's just all get along and sing songs by the fire, just wait. You'll feel the pain soon enough.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
These are human beings and it is largely the fault of YOUR country that these illegals are here.
Stop the arrogance!

Uhhh!?!?...Isn't this what Arizona is trying to correct? You're right that it's the nations fault that the illegals are here. When there's free medical, free food and no taxes to them, it's no wonder that the US is such an atraction to them.

The liberals say they want us to follow the example of the rest of the world. Well, let's not give these illegals nothing, like the rest of the world does for foreigners, and we'll see how attractive America is to them then.

Racial profiling and bigotry? I say if you walk like a Mexican , talk like a Mexican and smell like a Mexican then by golly you must be a Mexican.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by 1SawSomeThings

Its almost ridiculous, I know. They are basically tying the hands of the police and the border patrol. I think they expect Arizona to do nothing and just welcome them in.

It really makes no sence. Just because there is a chance that there might be a few instances of racial profiling its better to do nothing and allow drugs to come in the country unabated. This is not the real reason I assure you. Its the reason they are using to get the public riled up. The real reason is still up for debate.

[edit on 28-7-2010 by Digital_Reality]

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

You are so Naive.

You are sitting here calling the people on this website BIGOTS because they are MAD at the government for treating them like crap and telling them that what THEY THINK does not matter?

WE are mad because the government FAILS to do what the people want, and instead do whatever the hell THEY want.

WE did not create this mess, THEY DID, by their failure to DO THEIR JOBS.

Do you have to put up this this day in and day out, month after month, year after year, until the point where you are unable to trust your own neighbors because you have NO IDEA WHO THEY ARE, or what they are doing? Do you have to NOT worry about driving down the road, in fear that 85 percent of the people on the road dont have insurance, drivers liscences, or any god given care to the people around them? Do YOU have to put up with ANY of it? Well, Do you?

These people, are CRIMINALS. Yes, CRIMINALS. C-R-I-M-I-N-A-L-S.
The police should have EVERY RIGHT to prosecute criminals, and thats what these people are. I dont care what their motive for being here is. It makes the rest of the people who came here legally look like complete fools, and makes those same people PISSED OFF that these CRIMINALS get the free ride while they spent YEARS working their asses off to get here.

So while you sit there all high and mighty trying to tell the people of this board how 'bigoted' they are for wanting what is best for OUR NATION and OUR PEOPLE, there are your own citizens out there getting raped, murdered, robbed, and beatin, all because OUR GOVT doesnt want to listen to take care of their own, and also because of your failure to realize the gravity of the situation.

You know what, You are NO BETTER then they are, and you are DEFINATELY NO BETTER than anyone on this board.

You are pointing the finger at the wrong people.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Intelearthling

Racial profiling and bigotry? I say if you walk like a Mexican , talk like a Mexican and smell like a Mexican then by golly you must be a Mexican.

And???

If you are a Mexican you must be illegal? Or at least you should be singled out to prove you are not here illegally?

Is that where you are going with that line of thinking?

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   

I can only imagine how this thread would be if the Judge had upheld the law.

Judge would have been a hero.
Ticker tape parade in Arizona for the Judge.
Judge adheres to the Constitution.

and many other similar things.

I will ask some of you to do the same as you ask illegals to do.

Obey and respect the law and our system.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   
I am curious, what are the penalties for assisting illegals? I think that since the federal system is going to make it OK for the illegals, I should be able to profit from their stupidity. I can start a new business up shuttling illegal Mexicans around from job to job. I can advertise with billboards and radio ads. Illegal Beagle Transport. Our slogan would be "there is no such thing as braking the law anymore, so bring all the drugs you need and enjoy the ride!"

Free AC! I would make a killing. Maybe we could branch out and do a door to door drug sale. Bring it to the home instead of having to go out and look for it.

Ahh the winds of November. I can't wait.
President Obama, thanks for making sure I was right when I called you an idiot.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Good. Now stop sending the feds money Arizona.

Send that money to the sherrifs that arrest and prosecute the illegals.

Or let the illegals take over then sue the local government for allowing sanctuary cities. By proxy you would be using the gov to rob the illegals who the feds refused to remove. Making it an unwanted place for illegals to work

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I have tried to stay away from this issue, as the hype and deception running amok amongst the media makes me want to puke.

My only statement to those spreading the falsehoods by rumor and parroting what they hear from the pro-illegal pundits, is that if you haven't read the Federal Immigration statutes AND compared them to the Arizona law just emasculated, you should really keep your mouth shut.
If I hear any more pure B.S. of the type spewed hourly by the "news", I swear I am going to break something.

Here is a "thought experiment" for you.

In Arizona, if you are any race or color not brown or hispanic, and you are involved in or witness a crime, accident, or even an infraction, what is the first thing the officer asks you for?
What then happens if you cannot provide the documentation that is requested?

Now, what happens when the same is requested of an illegal in the same situation, and it isn't produced?

Most cases, (you can check and see for yourself) free pass.

Second, I wish everyone whining would read MEXICO'S immigration laws.

Or just head down to Cabo and start waving an American flag, protest the government, or demand some rights.

You do realize Mexico is not averse to just shooting the poor Guatemalans looking for a better life by sneaking across THEIR southern border.
The ones they don't want to waste bullets on do usually a year of hard labor before their case is heard and they are deported.

Now---those who have read the laws, comprehend the meanings, and still oppose them for whatever reason, I can comfortably debate the issue.
The ones I have trouble with are the ones who have the hype and lies so firmly embedded that any discussion of the facts is pointless aggravation.

There are serious problems in Arizona, and the illegal immigration is just a very small part of it.
How the Federal government is handling it, and the response of the state is the true issue.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join