It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are the American people obsolete?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Though the thrust of my post and the article I cite will speak of America - I would encourage our European members take heed as well. I strongly suspect the following may apply to much of Europe as well now.

First, lets go back to those thrilling days of yesteryear. Back to the industrial revolution and then the great depression here in the US. A time when much of the wealth in the country was concentrated in the hands of a few. Kind of like today, except they were called "robber barons" back in the day.

You may say - but Frogs - of course we know that wealth distribution in the US today is about the same as it was back in the "bad old days"...

Share of total income going to top 10% - 1917-2007

What's the difference now?

The difference is that back in the day those in power needed you and me. They do not anymore.

In the day the source of their wealth (and thus their power) was largely dependent upon you and I - the average American.

We worked and made the goods for elite to sell.
They paid us a wage for this labor that would allow us to by the goods and still allow them to make a tidy profit.
We provided the manpower for the military and law enforcement organizations to protect them from any threat.

Most of their power and income was based in whatever country they were located - so they needed us to provide their wealth.

Globalization has meant that the elite in the US (and I suspect in Europe too) do not need the average citizen of their home countries anymore. Other countries can provide them more wealth than we can and privatization of the military can keep them safe.

In short - it was kind of a warped parasitic relationship. The elite (the parasites) needed us and the average American (the hosts) became dependent on them.

The problem is, they successfully structured the system so we need them - but they no longer need us to provide their wealth and are quickly abandoning us as hosts.

Would China welcome a wave of downwardly mobile American's the way the US did hosts of immigrants early in its history??

Are the American people obsolete?

[edit on 28-7-2010 by Frogs]

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   
they all crow about the new world order and its virtue.
but its serf city here we come, no doubt.
the usa was dismantled and shipped out.
we got the war and weapons economy, but
other than inmates -we dont manufacture much.
they can spend unlimited amounts of money to bomb the world -
while what they are "protecting" goes belly up.
new recruiting slogan "Hungry?"
we are more civilians than citizens.
expendable.
your just going to form angry mobs and mess up the joint.
fortunately we have camps and civilian work programs lined up.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Are you saying we're fungible? No longer necessary? Too smart for the masters? All of the above? Probably. In their view. That doesn't mean it's too late to change it though. And it doesn't mean they won't be back again either once everyone wises up. But the pool of fungible resources is vast too.

Set priorities and pick your battles and your language carefully. The first thing is to reunite what they have divided. Action people action. Small and large actions, and not with guns...with brains.

[edit on 7/28/2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Everbody scary, now you scary too.
SandF
I can't help but agree except for one little thing...
The ptb need to wrest a little more control...
and then...

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Frogs

Without going too far off the deep-end, No. We are not obsolete.

The collective psychic energy being syphoned off of American's as they watch TV is enough to keep us fat and emotional 6 hours per day as we laugh, cry, smile and frown to the light patterns coming through the idiot box.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

You want action,but with brains.
most of the times, "brains", comes
after the guns are through firing.
The "brains" cleans up afterwards.

new topics

top topics

join