It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible solution for illegal immigration?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   
lets get one thing straight right off the bat.

the American economy is the dollar. the dollar is loaned to the nation with interest by the federal reserve (a private company).

the debt created by this interest is paid in the form of income tax.

Illegal immigrants do not pay any form of income tax, therefore do not contribute to the paying of the debt owed to the Federal reserve. Yet they still earn and spend the same Dollar that citizens earn and spend, therefore participating in the same economy. it doesn't matter how low their wage is because none of it goes to the federal reserve, i dont care if they make only a dollar a day, they still get to go spend that dollar interest free.

unless you are paying the fed in the same manner we are, you should not be able to earn, spend, smell, touch, or even look at an american dollar bill (aka federal reserve note)

therefore i propose a system in which we pay those who wish to offer their services (but not their respect) to our country, in the currency of their home nation, in mexico's case peso's. Peso's or currency of any other nation will not be accepted under any circumstance anywhere in THIS nation except AT THE BORDER EXCHANGE DEPOTS. this serves 2 purpose's, the first being to regulate the flow of foreign income and tax it accordingly, the second ensures that the individual MUST physically return to the border to redeem anything (and then only be able spend it in MX). This will also help keep physical track of who's in the country, avoiding this will ensure no pay and therefore be counter-productive.

i propose we continue issuing Visa's or "green cards" for those who already participate legitimately. Public services like hospitals and everything will apply to green card holders, including the privilege of earning and spending the dollar. the green card is also the path to citizenship (voting rights) so it would make sense that current citizens decide the parameters for obtaining and keeping this card.

For those who wish to not go through the hoops and bounds of obtaining the green card (like learning our laws and language and all that), we can issue a severely restricted yet completely obtainable to everybody (unless your a criminal) "Red card". pretty much the red card says your just here to work on americas physical soil, but not to participate in America© or any of its perks, including the dollar. there will also be strict limits on how long each work assignment is, as no red card holder will have permanent residency.

This means red card holders will not be able to buy anything to live, and will have to depend on their employer to feed them and transport them and whatnot. this is essentially the burdon that will keep corporations from outsourcing on our own soil, while at the same time restricting immigrants to their own national currency. Employers will also be responsible for the currency exchange from dollars to peso's (or whatever other currency) and any additional fee's or tax's.

this covers everybody (except criminals) so if you dont have a card you are assumed a criminal and you go to jail (not deported). whenever you get out of jail you are then deported,and at that point now have a criminal record and are not eligible for either card.

states AND feds will then be able to enforce the law with no room for complaining.

its either this or we get rid of the federal reserve system. either way i see things improving. what do you think?

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Or we could make Mexico our 51st state. Then there would be more people to tax and they'd all have to get legal SSNs.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by darkelf

we might have been able to afford that 2 wars ago, but i think if we did it right now it would ensure automatic economic destruction.

specially with episodes 3(iran) and 4(nk) on the way.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   
If you dont pay them they will go home.
Simple, easy free to do.
You dont get it, they are here and kept here to destroy national integrity. That is their purpose and their champion is the gubmint.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   
The OP's ideas are interesting, but present a few problems. It might answer the question of people sending money back to Mexico, but the immigration issue is larger than that.

What about people who cross the boarder at night with no money and then get paid in US cash and simply stay on rather than sending anything back home or even returning to the border, ever?

Also, you can be sure that if this plan were implemented, a massive peso/dollar black market exchange would spring up overnight, everywhere. It would be impossible to enforce. In addition, restricting the flow of any currencies would do all sorts of funky, unpleasant things to the FOREX world and finance in general. The economic ripple effects are hard to calculate but I don't have a good gut feeling about what they might be.

I'm a bit more old-fashioned in my approach to the issue. It is not impossible to secure the border and lock it down by force; those that claim it is "too big" to do so are falling victim to propaganda.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   
It seems that you are just creating more rules for people who don't obey the rules we have now.

Why would people who come here and live and work with NO card, go to the trouble of getting a red card?

If we can't get serious about illegal immigration, let's at least get consistent.

What good are laws that are ignored by so many jurisdictions in the US who designated themselves Sanctuary cities?

In a sane world, the Sanctuary cities who thumb their noses at federal law would be the ones who would be sued by the federal government and boycotted by the citizens.

However, it worse than the opposite. A state that tries to enforce the federal law by passing state legislation to protect itself from the wholesale illegal activities swamping their legal and social infrastructure are the ones being sued and citizens are boycotting and who are called anti-immigrant and racist.

No one with a sound mind could logically justify this scenario.

It's not a perfect fit, but this whole thing reminds me of this:

If we are to be consistent, we either have to wise up and enforce the laws as they exist or we just need to give up, abolish the the Border Patrol, tear down the fences, open all the entry points and just go on from there.

We could spend all the money we'd save on enforcement of immigration law and put that toward other law enforcement and penal institutions.

[edit on 2010/7/28 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 10:23 PM
link   
thanks for the replys.

in short this would accomplish several things:

1) it would remove every argument against asking for citizenship status, due to there being an avenue for everybody (except criminals). which gives the go ahead to weed out the criminals and enforce laws however we see fit.

2) could even give store owners the right to ask for "papers" when spending the dollar. the idea is to make it hard for them to use our currency, and if blackmarkets do spring up (i dont see why they wouldnt already exist now) it wont matter much because everything would go through our exchange depots, thus allowing us to regulate everything. we could tack on fee's and %'s to our liking, it could be very profitable.

3) we would reap the harvest of their services

4) corporations would get the benefits of outsourceing right here at home.

5) there would be no point in going to america, unless you plan on becoming a citizen.

i have no idea how it would effect the forex market. i dont see why it would impact it any differently than commerce does currently. We already have exchange offices at the borders that issue currency and essentially the company would report to them how many peso's to pay them, and then reimburse with american dollars (along with a foreign income tax and whatever else)

if all we issue them is peso's and take away their ability to spend our currency, they are back to square one in mexico.

again thanks for the reply's, im just trying to brainstorm a way that would satisfy all arguments.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 10:53 PM
link   
You are confused about an integral point... Most undocumented workers, as you say, do not have social security numbers. They solve this by making one up, or using someone elses... So, taxes ARE withheld from every dollar they make, the difference is they NEVER apply for a tax refund, thus Millions if not Billions of undeclared taxes go straight to the US government.

In all my reading at ATS about how horrible these 'Illegal Aliens' are (having no idea that the immigration issue is nothing but a false flag to keep the sheeple distracted) there is no discussion of the fact that cutting our military budget by 50% would make any inconvenience of immigrants a nonissue..as well as free healthcare and college for all citizens....

Typical of our 'Rulers' to feed us issues that prey on the weakest and most vulnerable of our society....The Immigrants aren't the criminals, our leaders are...

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by jambatrumpet

no "most" undocumented workers are paid under the table thus evadeing an income tax of any kind.

what your speaking of is identity theft, and that is criminal. criminals are covered in section J of my plan.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 12:08 AM
link   
I think we should have the rights rights the illegals have I want to drive but not have insurance or registration or a drivers license
or a social security card

I want Medicaide

I want food stamps

and I want my rent paid

and utility assistance

that way I can spend all my money on me!

oh and I want all my welfare filing paperwork printed in my language
cuneiform

I want free legal counsel when I occasionally get hassled by whitey
and have to defend my right to live off the slaves ,hardworking Americans who don't want to do my job, drug dealing/rterrorist/slave trader/ arms smuggler

that would be awesome!

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by LurkerMan

I am interested where you get your facts concerning "most illegal immigrants are paid under the table"?

also...

the fact that these cases fall into your"Criminals" section, has nothing to do with the fact that taxes are automatically deducted, and not refunded... you avoid the point.

And concerning the above Mrs.Blonde comments:
What documentation/financial security, did your ancestors have when they showed at Ellis Island?

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 05:27 AM
link   
reply to post by jambatrumpet

where do i get my facts?

in my everyday life, ive hired them myself, and worked with them. im curious where your from? is it even anywhere near the issue at hand? i live in California in damn near the center of the entire issue.i live in a "sanctuary city", im not looking at statistics im looking at the real world.

if you seriously think there are enough stolen socials for every single illegal immigrant in this nation your insane. theres simply not enough valid social security numbers out there for them to use. and it would be naive to say theres just as many incompetent americans getting them stolen

i avoid the point because its such a small inane fraction of the issue it doesnt even merit a response. out of 50 million illegals saying even 1 million of them are working with stolen identities is a generous count.

im sorry that you feel reality is different.

have you ever even had your identity stolen? do you have any clue as to the process of using someone elses identity, for work or otherwise? your response leads me to believe you are from a different country altogether.

furthermore, tax's arent "automatically deducted" unless your not claiming any dependents.

[edit on 29-7-2010 by LurkerMan]

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 06:18 AM
link   
maybe i need to be a little more clear on what were talking about here. it seems some people are under the impression that all you need to do is think up a random number to write down on a job application and it ends there.

when you work in this country and receive a paycheck that is taxed, those wages are reported to the IRS. at the end of the year every adult citizen who worked and received pay receives a W-2 form with a summery of all reported wages.

it would be at this point Joe Shmoe goes "What the hell i dont remember working at Taco Bell what are all these extra wages im going to have to pay taxes for". he then would dispute it with the IRS or get audited, either way Pedro gets caught when the IRS audits whoever employed him.

im not even going to get into how pedro obtained photo ID to go with the random number he thought up (which any employer is going to require to receive a check). it takes 2 forms of ID where i live to get a DL or state ID, and if the social is one of them gotta be a the physical card issued at birth.

oh yah, the check....hows he cashing these checks? i suppose hes got a bank account too? banks require even more than employers do.

but thats all water under the bridge, because i dont have to go but 3 blocks down the street to Home Depot to find my answer. those guys are real simple, you just drive up and say something to the effect of "Roofing"...."Landscaping"...."4 guys"..... "10 dollars an hour"......"4 hours"...."hop in"

i dont remember checking his social security card, or writing him a check. its all $cash money$

top topics

join