It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Leaked War Files Expose Identities of Afghan Informants

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by kevinunknown

My apologies Kevin, I thought you were making a general statement. Note to self: Read and don't scan!

However, I am still not sure about this informant bit. I am struggling to find where in the data it names an informant and I have been through hundreds of records.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by LarryLove

i dont think phoning the taliban is a good idea unless you'd like to find the true meaning of rendition. or if you ever whant to fly again.lol

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by danielhanson420

Tempting though when you see mobile numbers for the Taliban. There is so much information here, it's unreal. None of it top secret and the PSYOPS data entries are interesting, but no information is appended.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by b.jim
reply to post by dazbog

Go to wikileaks, download the csv, search for "informant". Most instances, they only list "an informant", but in some cases, they name names.

Thank you Sir. I always prefer input from people who have actually located and read any material in question . Although I view the possible threat to a handful of informants as a non-issue v the hopeful effect they will have on the general populations take on a useless military engagement.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 11:09 AM
link   
I have searched through the information in an effort to find records detailing informant names. A data entry going back to 2007 details an American Task and Purpose mission which clearly cites informant information as detailed below. I have deleted the name of the person and tribe details whose position is detailed as: Informant. The full information is available in the database.

NB: This is part of the data entry

A. Name: DELETED Fathers Name: DELETED Tribe: DELETED Sub-tribe: DELETED Village: Marghah Location: Marghah COB Position: Informant General Information: Reported that Zardran (commander) is holding a meeting in about 2-3 days with about 300-400 Taliban. He is planning on holding the meeting at Mameed Millah, which is a large compound located on a mountain near the village of Harseen. He stated that the 300-400 Taliban are staging at Miramshah. DELETED NAME received this information from his brother who is a Taxi driver, who goes from Marghah to Miramshah Pakistan. The informant stated that his motive for giving us the information was that his nephew is in the ANA at Bermel and he wanted to protect him.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join