It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Missouri is the "We'll Show You State" when it comes to illegal immigrants

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Article in "The Ozarks Sentinel" Editorial Opinion - Nita Jane Ayres, May 13, 2010

Simple solutions to not so complex problems!

The "Show Me" state has once again showed us how it should be done. They need more publication and exposure on this. Let's pass it around.

In 2007, Missouri placed on the ballot a proposed constitutional amendment designating English as the Official language of Missouri . Nearly 90% voting in favor! English became the official language for ALL governmental proceeding in Missouri . It also means no individual has the right to demand government services in a language OTHER than English.

In 2008 a measure was passed that requires our Highway Patrol and other law enforcement officials to verify the immigration status of any person arrested, and inform federal authorities if the person is found to be here illegally. It allows Missouri law enforcement offices to receive training to enforce federal immigration laws. The bill makes it clear that illegal immigrants will NOT have access to taxpayers benefits such as food stamps and health care through Missouri HealthNET.

In 2009 a measure was passed that ensures Missouri 's public institutions of higher education do NOT award financial aid to individuals who are here illegally. The law also requires all post-secondary institutions of higher education to annually certify to the Missouri Dept. of Higher Education that they have NOT knowingly awarded financial aid to students who are unlawfully present in the United States .
So while Arizona has made national news for its new law, it is important to remember Missouri has been proactive in addressing this growing problem.

Missouri has sent a clear message that illegal immigrants are NOT welcome in our state and they are certainly NOT welcome to receive public benefits at the cost of Missouri taxpayers!

Here's more legislation protecting taxpayers:

The E Verify System:

www.numbersusa.com...

Missouri Governor Matt Blunt signed into law today legislation that will make it harder for illegal aliens living in the state to receive benefits and harder to find jobs.

The new legislations requires all public employers to use the E-Verify
system to verify the legality of a potential employee and requires and
individual to prove their citizenship status before receiving state
benefits such as food stamps and housing. The bill also punishes those
localities that adopt policies to not cooperate with federal
immigration authorities.

Missouri Federal District Court upheld the right of Valley Park, MO's ordinance to deny business permits to people who hire illegal immigrants.

www.nsclc.org...< br />
Our current state Attorney General Chris Koster has been actively investigating cases where businesses are suspected of hiring undocumented workers.

ago.mo.gov...

Missouri law prohibits an employer from knowingly employing an unauthorized alien to perform work within the state of Missouri.

“Employers need to be reminded there is a severe consequence for breaking the law by hiring workers who are not authorized to work here,” Koster said. “The Attorney General’s office will continue to take an aggressive stance against employers who hire illegal workers.”

Nobody complained when these laws were enacted. Every state has a right to pass there own laws without federal interference. Don't mess with Missouri.

[edit on 7/28/2010 by sad_eyed_lady]

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by sad_eyed_lady

Well then I think that the state of Missouri is a big A$$hole.

Part in being that it is illegal to deny or approve state benefits based on there citizenship status.

What is next??? You're in a car accident and unconscience and the ambulance won't take you to the hospital until they know you're citizenship status??? Or the ER team won't see you unless they know that you are a Citizen and that you are going to pay for you're bill.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 08:28 AM
link   

I remember this happening...it was wild..

Many places closed...Hudsen's/willowbrook foods....out of bussiness..

Turkey chicken plants hired and shipped illegals in and out of SW MO. for a few months before and after this law went into affect...

Before this law...every year around late November, the illegals would call INS on themselves for a free ride home to take the earnings back to Mexico.

ETA ...I can only offer rumoured #s something like 1200 employees rotated in/out yearly..

[edit on 28-7-2010 by Doc Holiday]

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by qbanthinker305

Part in being that it is illegal to deny or approve state benefits based on there citizenship status.

What is next??? You're in a car accident and unconscience and the ambulance won't take you to the hospital until they know you're citizenship status??? Or the ER team won't see you unless they know that you are a Citizen and that you are going to pay for you're bill.

II just wanted to make sure I was reading this correctly. You are saying that people in the country illegally should be allowed to partake of state and federal benefits that citizens of those states receive? Just how in the world do you justify this? You are basically saying that it makes no difference if you are a citizen of this country or weather you are in this country legally or not when it comes to recieving benefits.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 09:16 AM
link   

hopefully.

maybe then Emergency rooms wouldnt suck so bad and constantly be full.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Phedreus

Everyone has a right to have a bad moment, maybe when they came here to work in the fruit farms, they don't have the government cheese to eat.

I am just saying that the benefits that are in particular to the poor and the welfare of the lower class shouldn't have to provide their citizenship status. To receive benefits you must provide a SSN, not sayin that this makes it alright or that it will prevent them from stealing SSN like most of the illegals do, but it shouldn't be a requirement. It is not a requirement in most states

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Just don't forget who is Missouri's Daddy.

Local authorities rounded up 14 illegal Mexican immigrants Saturday who were working in St. Francois County and then were told to turn them loose. St. Francois County Sheriff Dan Bullock said the illegal immigrants were building the new Hampton Inn in Farmington.

www.dailyjournalonline.com...

ICE, ICE Baby!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by LurkerMan

HA HA HA Blame that on lazy nurses and doctors that want to bill your insurance 500 bucks for a 2 minute visit.
After 5 hours in the ER waiting room they see you for like 5 minutes and leave.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Our Declaration of Independence states that there are certain rights that are inalienable - means that they are human rights, not American rights.

I also think that human services should be blind. Who wants to be responsible for anyone dying for lack of services? If you do, that's your karma.

If there is such an influx of illegals there, target the source. Hit the supplier, and the little users at the end of the vine go elsewhere.

everyone is thinking of the hispanic worker as the target of this legislation, what of others who are there and need help who don't speak spanish, say... political refugees from Laos or Cambodia?

Some folks.....

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   
BRAVO MO !!!! This is Awesome News! I wanna go live there now.

Every state should adopt such laws.. it is only right and fitting to maintain our American sovereignty, which is the backbone of our country.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 09:32 AM
link   

reply to post by Phedreus

I am just saying that the benefits that are in particular to the poor and the welfare of the lower class shouldn't have to provide their citizenship status. To receive benefits you must provide a SSN, not sayin that this makes it alright or that it will prevent them from stealing SSN like most of the illegals do, but it shouldn't be a requirement. It is not a requirement in most states

But that's just the thing. You said you disagreed with this because it was illegal.. then you admit it's not illegal its a state by state choice as to what laws they want to issue.

So what if most states don't have laws like that. Perhaps there was no need to before but now that the illegal problem is growing, more states will pass such laws. I think it should be a federal law.

And Yes, knowing that S.S. numbers are frequently stolen I agree 100% that they should be checked for validity. That is only fair.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by qbanthinker305

oh they are crooks in their own ways no doubt about that.

im simply speaking out of personal experience from my last 2 ER visits where i wasnt seen for 4 hours, and left with an MRSA staf infection that i didnt arrive with.

san jose, CA . i dont think i need to explain the demographics...

after my experience in that hell hole of a waiting room, im convinced that im the only person that spoke english to say the least. including the people behind the counter.

if this city (the sanctuary of all sanctuaries) took a hardline stance like MO, you couldnt look me in the eye and tell me that there wouldnt have been a dramatic decrease in wait. increase in doctor availability. and more funding and resources to go towards sanitation. i mean this isnt rocket science...

by the way, MRSA staf infection isnt fun.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Fine. Yay. Rah rah Missouri. You go. It's nice that Missouri is joining in the fight. Good move.

But now get together with all the other states and start acting like a federation to put the federal government back in line on this issue and so many others.

The governors need to step this game up. And pronto.

The states need to get together and do things like challenge our laws not being enforced and borders not guarded. challenge the federal governments laundering of illegal money, and push for term limits and lobby reform and smaller federal government or we're screwed.

[edit on 7/28/2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
Fine. It's nice that Missouri is joining in the fight. Good move.

But now get together with all the other states and start acting like a federation to put the federal government back in line on this issue and so many others.

The governors need to step this game up. And now. States need to push for term limits and lobby reform and smaller federal government or we're screwed.

big Big BIG STAR for you Luc!

I couldn't say it better myself.

Best Regards,
Liberty

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

It is illegal the SSN that are stolen. Which are stolen because they are scared to be caught without one.

To your previous post, this country was based on immigrants, be them from england or france or wherever.

The true amercians were pushed into "reservations" to be monitored as we came to take their land. Our country the "free country" provides opportunity for the commonman to come here work their asses off and become rich, own property and have basic rights that is next to impossible in other countries unless you are rich.

Hispanics have become the butt of this joke due to the large numbers in which they reside in our country, but like MagoSA said what about all the Asian people that are here illegally and are traffiking people here to sell them as sex slaves and work laborers, should we turn them a blind eye just cuz they don't speak spanish???

I mean just about every metropolitan has a china town!!

As well as how many illegals are here that are from the middle east???

People like you and your comments are the ones that will complain whene your breakfast banana will cost you $3.00 lb.
Yeah because there won't be any illegal immigrants willing to work in the blazing hot sun at $1 an hour,
because there is an amercan citizen that will fight to receive $8.15 minimum to pick all the fruits and vegetables

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   
lol thanks...i added a bit. But seriously, state unity is one of the only things that can save us. Push your governors and think about this at re-election time. It's our constitutional right and the only way we have to keep big federal government in line and in check. They are certainly not going to do it themselves.

Remind your governors of this. And most of all remind your crooked Senators and congressional representatives of this too. They represent your STATE.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Hispanics have become the butt of this joke due to the large numbers in which they reside in our country, but like MagoSA said what about all the Asian people that are here illegally and are traffiking people here to sell them as sex slaves and work laborers, should we turn them a blind eye just cuz they don't speak spanish???

Well of course not! But we need to start somewhere. Missouri legislated English as the official state language and it works for me. Thanks Missouri.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by MagoSA
Our Declaration of Independence states that there are certain rights that are inalienable - means that they are human rights, not American rights.

I also think that human services should be blind. Who wants to be responsible for anyone dying for lack of services? If you do, that's your karma.

If there is such an influx of illegals there, target the source. Hit the supplier, and the little users at the end of the vine go elsewhere.

everyone is thinking of the hispanic worker as the target of this legislation, what of others who are there and need help who don't speak spanish, say... political refugees from Laos or Cambodia?

Some folks.....

for that document to apply to you, you must conform to the only populous that recognizes it. and that populous has decided to grant those rights through visa's, or legitimate application. not illegally crossing international boundaries.

your other option for obtaining said rights is to declare your own nations independence, and recognize them yourself.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Hola amigos from Missouri English Only

¡ Bienvenidos al sitio web del Procurador General de Missouri!
Chris Koster

Ahora los consumidores pueden llenar un formulario de queja, enontrar algunas publicaciones en español y también otra información que les puede ayudar.

ago.mo.gov...

"I'm delighted to be able to make government services more accessible to this growing segment of the state's population," Koster said. "Those for whom English is not a first language will now have an avenue to speak clearly to state government when reporting consumer complaints and the growing problem of mortgage fraud. And they will be able to clearly understand information we provide about their rights as consumers."

"When voters adopted the English-only provision to the constitution last year, they made clear that government business, including discussions and roll call votes, be conducted in English," Koster said. "Nonetheless, it is vital that individuals with limited English-language skills have an avenue to report crime, fraud and abuse to our state's law-enforcement community."

ago.mo.gov...

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   

It is illegal the SSN that are stolen. Which are stolen because they are scared to be caught without one.

the solution is not to find more illegal remedies, the solution is to not break the law and come here to begin with.

To your previous post, this country was based on immigrants, be them from england or france or wherever.

legal migrants are different from illegal immigrants.

The true amercians were pushed into "reservations" to be monitored as we came to take their land. Our country the "free country" provides opportunity for the commonman to come here work their asses off and become rich, own property and have basic rights that is next to impossible in other countries unless you are rich.

speaking as one of these "true americans forced onto a reservation" i think you should brush up on history, speak to an actual native, or get in touch with a sovereign tribe. you shouldnt have trouble there are hundreds. all complete with every right a state has, including their own courts, laws, and enforcement force's for those laws, and whattuyaknow even borders and citizenship too.

illegal hispanics*

and yes if the asian guy who ran the red light doesnt have papers, get rid of him too.

I mean just about every metropolitan has a china town!!

the majority of them have work visa's. and if they dont, ship em out.

As well as how many illegals are here that are from the middle east???

and how do you suppose they got here? flew over the coast on a jetpack?
They pay the same coyote's to cross the same border everybody else is crossing illegally, it makes no difference what race you are, mexicans just get a discount.

People like you and your comments are the ones that will complain whene your breakfast banana will cost you $3.00 lb.
Yeah because there won't be any illegal immigrants willing to work in the blazing hot sun at $1 an hour,
because there is an amercan citizen that will fight to receive $8.15 minimum to pick all the fruits and vegetables

NEWS FLASH: they already do

and they arent coming over here to make that $1 an hour, they are coming here for all the benifits they receive for simply being here. the farm money is just an added bonus to the welfare they already receive.

and unless you live in California or Texas i dont want to even hear it, because you have no idea how bad it actually is.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join