It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ViSalus dangerous false advertising?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 07:26 AM
link   
I am not a member of this MLM and do not use their products. But many of my friends and family members have been sucked into it. One even won a BMW through selling this product. It is probably a good weight loss product, but this latest video shocked me!

I have diabetes and I know how dangerous this disease can be. I am controlling mine with diet and medication. I have lost 15 lbs in the 3 months since I found out that I am diabetic. Thankfully I am not on insulin but this disease is causing other problems. My understanding is that a doctor will only put you on insulin replacement if your body can no longer produce adequate insulin on its own. Am I wrong to be outraged that this video suggests that diabetes can be cured by a diet program?

[edit on 7/28/2010 by darkelf]

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 08:08 AM
link   
I guess I am the only one outraged over this. I can't find anything negative about them on line. This is disturbing. Will someone have to die before anyone starts protesting these claims?

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by darkelf
I guess I am the only one outraged over this. I can't find anything negative about them on line. This is disturbing. Will someone have to die before anyone starts protesting these claims?

The video comprises an overt claim of the product curing a disease. It is not FDA approved. Send the info and video to the FDA. See, www.fda.gov...

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by 4nsicphd

Your link says page not found. Do you have another link or more detailed information as to where I could report this?

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   
I sent a complaint to this site. I'll update if I hear anything back from them.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   
I agree with the poster above who mentioned the FDA site. What this company is doing is irresponsible, unethical, and illegal.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   
The link to the fda site didn't work, but I did report them to the ftc. I got the standard thank you for your comment reply, nothing more since.

top topics

join