It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Al Qaeda Number Two Slams French Veil Ban

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Al Qaeda Number Two Slams French Veil Ban

uk.news.yahoo.com

In an audio recording claiming to be by Ayman al Zawahiri, he urged Muslim women to flout the ban at any cost.

The French parliament voted overwhelmingly in favour of the plan to outlaw face-covering veils, like the burka and niqab, earlier this month.

Zawahiri said: "In France, the pioneer of secularism, there is an overt and shameless war on hijab and niqab.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
news.sky.com
www.alarabiya.net
www.middle-east-online.com
www.english.rfi.fr

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Here we go again.

describing the move as one of "shameless war"

Why is this allowed to happen, I am not racist and I mean that but some religeons get pushed to one side and anothers get rammed down our throat.

If we go to there country we respect their religeon and are punished if we dont:

A British man and woman jailed in Dubai for kissing in public have lost their appeal against their conviction.

news.bbc.co.uk...

And yet they can basically take over other countries and declare war if we dont agree. This is crazy crazy at it best!!

uk.news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 07:41 AM
link   
It's difficult for me to see this photograph.
And why take a picture of these women? Seriously. If he wanted a photo of the gitup, he could just as easily have taken it on a mannequin. There are no recognizable people here to be photographed.

Maybe it is so some day they can show it to their grandchildren, and say "here is a picture of me when I was still in my prison."

I do feel sorry for the women who have bought into this. I mean, if it would be to prevent men from "lusting" after me......I would think-- sorry guys. If you can't control your own body and believe your own God-given sexuality is going to send you to hell, then you will just have to go to hell, because I'm not going to spend my life wearing this prison.

But, afterall, each to his own. However it is distressing to see this.

eta: I don't see this in my town, so I'm not used to it. My pharmacist is a muslim woman and she always wears pretty scarves on her hair, and doesn't cover her face. She's young and pretty, and wears lipstick.

[edit on 7/28/2010 by ladyinwaiting]

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by ladyinwaiting

Very well put. How would you describe yourself in a picture like this? As being the short one on the left, or the tallish one?

Funny you added the comment, "to each his own." when you really can't distinguish one person from another when they are forced to dress like this.

They are quite far from being their own person!

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Seriously? Who the hell cares? Is this the 3.142nd al Qaeda number 2 now? They need to give both this al Qaeda and this veil crap a rest.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 07:54 AM
link   

If we go to there country we respect their religeon and are punished if we dont:

A British man and woman jailed in Dubai for kissing in public have lost their appeal against their conviction.

news.bbc.co.uk...

And yet they can basically take over other countries and declare war if we dont agree. This is crazy crazy at it best!!

Here here....

I personally think TPTB are doing this on purpose to make us hate them so when a war pops up....We are ready to kill

EDIT to add: Yes there has been lots of 2nd in commands etc... just goes for what I am saying, TPTB could have made that video/recording up just to stir things...and guess what?

Its working with most people

[edit on 28/7/10 by Lucifer84]

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Lucifer84

This photograph doesn't illicit hatred within me. It calls forth pity, and my sense of injustice for these women. To think of never having my hair blown by the wind, or feel the sun or a breeze on my face and body, or the earth beneath my feet.

To not know the absolute freedom of a pair of running shorts and tank.

It's sad, to me, and I hope time will change things for them, so they can know how good it feels to be outside without wearing a tent and mask.

[edit on 7/28/2010 by ladyinwaiting]

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Oh yeah? and what's he gonna do about it?

Oh I see he's going to urge the people afflicted by the problem to sort it out.

Good luck with that. As if Muslim women in France or anyone else wants anything to do with Al Qaeda.

I'm not a fan of the ban myself, I have yet to here of any crimes being committed in Burkas. As for the excuse of 'liberating Muslim women'

Are you serious? You are just throwing salt in the wounds for these folks and making their lives worse. Now their husbands will say 'you can't go outside without wearing that' but they are illegal so they will actually have less freedom.

You can't alter cultural traditions engrained over hundreds of years by banning an item of clothing.

At least previously they could at least go wherever they wanted. Good job France

Now let's get to work on banning Muslim architecture!

[edit on 28-7-2010 by Big Raging Loner]

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   
The lower house of the French parliament passed a law on Tuesday which, according to the interior ministry, would directly affect fewer than 2,000 people out of a population of 64 million

www.guardian.co.uk...

Just me or is that picking on a minority?

Currently trying to find crimes stats that would justify this.

Anyone who thinks this is acceptable does not fully realise the slippery slope Western society is on. Piece by piece our freedoms are chipped away until one day we wake up in an Orwellian nightmare!

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Western countries are currently actively declaring war on and invading Islamic countries in the Middle East.

Your ignorance astounds me, I don't believe you actually care about these women's rights, I think your an Islamophob dressing yourself up as an advocate of freedom.

Western culture has invaded every country on the planet.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 09:39 AM
link   
If Al Qaeda leadership complains about it, it was likely the right thing to do!

Go France!

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Big Raging Loner

Western countries are currently actively declaring war on and invading Islamic countries in the Middle East.

Your ignorance astounds me, I don't believe you actually care about these women's rights, I think your an Islamophob dressing yourself up as an advocate of freedom.

Western culture has invaded every country on the planet.

You are right, couldn't care less to be honest
My main point was that a religeon does have beliefs which of course is fine but dont expect people in their own country to bend over backwards for them and then kick off when it doesn't go your way.

Ignorant I am not, pissed off with this BS I am but then I guess you know me well enough without me having to tell you that.

Just in case you missed something while telling me about myself, I have some very dear friends that follow the Islamic faith. I am not a Islamophob as you put it.

ETA: Corrections

[edit on 28-7-2010 by StarTraveller]

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by StarTraveller

Law of equilibrium. When a nation shifts too far one way, it's government will forcefully shift it back to the opposite but equal extreme in interest of bringing the country back to center.

We must remember that France is not the US. France is different. They are far more democratic in nature and dislike those who go against France's majority.

Remember. Forcing them to obied by our views of freedom makes us no different then their actions.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

I fully understand that but sometimes this type of thing only makes me think that some do things just to stir trouble and upset the delicate balance of a nation/culture.

We hear far more about Islam and Muslim traditions being pushed on others than any other religion. We have Mosques here in the UK that at various times of day blare out their prays, so in essence the minority don’t care about those that are not Muslim/Islamic but when any points are raised on an official level there are protests and more threats of holy wars and retaliation.

I have absolutly no problems with different religions but please do not knock my door and tell me what I can and cannot do and please do not go mental when I politely ask you to leave my door.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Big Raging Loner

Interesting you should say western cultures are taking over when it's the muslims trying to change France's culture with this demeaning tradition.
Seems like France traditionaly respects women and is sticking up for It's culture and safety, as you never know who's behind that tent.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Well yea. That's the whole reason why people desire to forcefully convert them to European standards of living because the 7th century is incompatible with the 21st century. It's simply what happens. And when they do finally try something stupid, they get shot at. Violent protests in France are a dime a dozen, but if they actually do something bad, it is going to be a slaughter. And sometimes a slaughter is what it takes to conform sadly.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Just in case you missed something while telling me about myself, I have some very dear friends that follow the Islamic faith. I am not a Islamophob as you put it.

I love that old chestnut 'I'm not racist I have a black friend.' I do not know you intrinsically I never claimed I did. I know where your coming from and it is a place of religious intolerance.

but dont expect people in their own country to bend over backwards for them and then kick off when it doesn't go your way.

I think you'll find the Muslim people you are referring to are French Nationals and were born in the country. They have not imigrated and started bossing people around, they have generations of family there.

I have absolutly no problems with different religions but please do not knock my door and tell me what I can and cannot do and please do not go mental when I politely ask you to leave my door

Muslims going door to door selling Quran? In Cornwall?

I suggest showing your very good friends your thread and get their take on it then report back?

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Big Raging Loner

I love that old chestnut 'I'm not racist I have a black friend.' I do not know you intrinsically I never claimed I did. I know where your coming from and it is a place of religious intolerance.

but dont expect people in their own country to bend over backwards for them and then kick off when it doesn't go your way.

I think you'll find the Muslim people you are referring to are French Nationals and were born in the country. They have not imigrated and started bossing people around, they have generations of family there.

I have absolutly no problems with different religions but please do not knock my door and tell me what I can and cannot do and please do not go mental when I politely ask you to leave my door

Muslims going door to door selling Quran? In Cornwall?

I suggest showing your very good friends your thread and get their take on it then report back?

Have I done something to offend you mate cos you have certainly taken this thread personally (or it would seem that way)

The Door to Door point was with religion in general, doesn't say anywhere in my reply about muslims knocking on my door.
If a chesnut is what you want to call it then who am I to argue although I would hope it was a little clearer that this was not my intention.

Whether they are nationals or not, that was not the point I was making. After all we are discussing Religous beliefs and traditions, not nationality.

Religious Intolerance, not at all bud! You are wrong there too I am affraid but I guess we must agree to dis-agree as I for one do not intend to explain myself to a fellow ATS member on matters that could affect the many. Clearly by some of the replies seen in this thread I am not alone on this one.

Have a great day

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   

I don't think I have taken it personally to be honest, and I'm not trying to cause any offence. I thought the idea of starting a thread was to debate the issue, not bring people on to massage your ego and give you stars. So far you've had, aside from myself, exactly that.

Do you not understand that ignorant attitudes like yours, using generalisations about religious groups only serves to further exacerbate friction between different members of the community?

If your last statement is to be believed then you won't mind clearing up some outstanding questions I have;

You are referring to Muslims in general with these comments yes?

The Nationality is an issue, you suggest they are coming over to 'our' country and taking over, we don't go to 'their' country and disrespect them. How is nationality not involved in this discussion?

Again I will reiterate my challenge put to you earlier, show some of your good friends who are Muslim this thread and ask for their take on it.

Good day to you

Edit to remove needless baiting comment.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by ladyinwaiting
I do feel sorry for the women who have bought into this. I mean, if it would be to prevent men from "lusting" after me......I would think-- sorry guys. If you can't control your own body and believe your own God-given sexuality is going to send you to hell, then you will just have to go to hell, because I'm not going to spend my life wearing this prison.

Then go for a naked walk in Manhattan.

I bet you'll find God, I bet he won't be happy, and I bet you'll better understand Hajib.

You might even be more tolerant and understanding of an Islamic woman visiting your tribe.

Sri Oracle

[edit on 28-7-2010 by Sri Oracle]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join