It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lawsuit Claims College Ordered Student to Alter Religious Views on Homosexuality

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   
To me it is like a lawyer . In this profession you can believe rape and murder is a crime and still try your absolute best to get them off . They can even tell you yea I did it and will rape and kill again and it is your duty to get them the best deal or get them off.

If a lawyer can have this type of conflict of personal beliefs and still be a lawyer and still practice law why cant a counselor ?

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by itguysrule
reply to post by Adevoc Satanae

Hmmm - you seem to be trying to defend your position using semantics and debating techniques. Would you happen to be an attorney?

You mean by using words? Crazy concept? Not a lawyer, sorry.

I mentioned that I did not need to murder someone to know if I wanted to do it to make the point that you do not always have to actually experience something before you can choose to do it or not.

I know. I got your point. I did not care. It was not relevant. We are discussing the issue of sexual identity. Being a murder is something you are or are not. Sexual identity is something EVERYONE HAS. Why do you not get that difference?

That is where intelligence figures in. I could have just as easily said I don't need to jump off of a building to find out if that would be something I liked doing.

Because that would be just as pointless to say. Jumping off a building and sexual identity are not two different things. The fact that you need to reach that far for a comparison should tell you that something is wrong with your argument.

I also notice you didn't even touch the other points of my previous post regarding political motivations and "protected classes."

Because I did not feel like following you that far off topic until it seemed like you had at least some understanding of the topic at hand.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by black cat
There's your problem - "faulty understandings"; that's an opinion. Your opinion. It's not everyone's opinion. A state school should not be able to deny an individual education based on personal beliefs because that's someone else shoving their opinion on another person.

So what if I "believe" that demons cause disease. Should med schools still have to graduate me?

If you believe what the school is doing is right then you must be a fan of segregation, which was also someone's opinion.

Um...ok.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Adevoc Satanae

I know. I got your point. I did not care.

Fine by me. Same to you my friend.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by itguysrule

Originally posted by Adevoc Satanae

I know. I got your point. I did not care.

Fine by me. Same to you my friend.

As long as you understand that I was not going to care about any point anyone made that did not actually apply to the topic at hand. Somehow I feel you missed that vital part of it.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

Many things have gone heywire lately in this country, but last I checked, it is still a free country and we are, or should be, allowed to believe how we will...

Last I checked it was never a free country! You might want to upgrade and increase the variety of your sources.

The easiest person to enslave is the person who is easiest to convince they are free.

It’s like selling someone a used car and telling them it was only driven to church on Sundays by a little old lady from Pasadena. In their mind they have a cream puff, and truly believe so, in reality it’s been totaled, rebuilt, and the odometer rolled back.

Clearly we have little freedom, with over 600,000 codes and laws on the books that regulate virtually every facet of our existence, and representative government that our only choice and say, is a limited one, in partially deciding who will make those codes and laws, freedom is not exactly what I would call the American experience.

Hence this story.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join