It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Historical Warriors!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 06:47 AM
link   
After reading this article "listverse.com..." I got a new taste for ancient warriors and how they fought. Many people have different views on what ancient civilization had the best warriors and military. My question to my fellow members what ancient warriors deserve to be ran higher then others? Whether they have great battle techniques, leadership, victories, etc.

I forget to chose my picks as to who I believe are the greatest warriors.
These two are more about ancestry pride then anything else; non the less they were great warriors whose civilizations stood out from the rest.
The Aztecs and Greeks. Nothing makes a smile appear on my face knowing I had ancestors who lived in these civilizations.

[edit on 28-7-2010 by Romantic_Rebel]

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Don't miss out the picts (the tattoo people). Don't know much about them but they were tough, and they had the cold, the rain, and the Scottish midges on their side. They must have been scary, Hadrian built a wall to keep them out.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by wigit

Thanks for the reply. I don't know much about Celtic history but I can tell you the British had many tough battles with the Celts and the Vikings.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 09:50 AM
link   
iriquois and algonquin tribs many of natives that roamed the early us were down right terrifying. scalping, bludgening and occasional rape of other tribes woman .... i think things were alot simpler in thous days any whooooo

-peace

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   
You want to know some great warriors? The British! No one in history can stop them. Not even the Vikings.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by jplaysguitar
iriquois and algonquin tribs many of natives that roamed the early us were down right terrifying. scalping, bludgening and occasional rape of other tribes woman .... i think things were alot simpler in thous days any whooooo

-peace
Sounds like you got all of your information by watching "Last of the Mohicans" one too many times. Scalping and rape was introduced to native cultures, rape was never practiced among warriors.

top topics

join