It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Bugout Place

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by maya12232012

I want 10,000 bucks to dig a big hole on my 2.10 acres for a communal safe place for you and me.

(Hint for Maya
Sell those 22 guns and you could about have that needed 10 grand. Better yet, sell the RV and have extra money to buy the cave AND more guns.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 06:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Birddog26

no i am trying to help i have let of heart

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Aliensun

no the rv is for cooking washing my ass and bathroom to bed to

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 07:04 AM
link   

and what is the 10k for?

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 07:08 AM
link   
cave the when sh*t goes down i will have a place to to be safe what do think its for
'?

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Maybe going to another country would be the best choice for a bugout place. Mexico is nice this time of the year.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 07:19 AM
link   
NO MY HOME USA OHIO SORRY

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Good, I will be in Canton on the 8th to watch the Cowboys spank the Bengals.

I know off topic, sorry, could not help myself.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 07:30 AM
link   
My mother has a small farm in Northern Indiana which she rents for corn farmers. She is always saying this is where she would go if SHTF. Well for starters it gets down to 4 degrees F in the winter. Bone chilling. The county built their land fill a mile or two down the road, this is probably polluting the table water. The land has a small woods and creek. The indians used to live there, all kinds of carved rocks for tools can be found
after plowing. I honestly think it would be too cold to live where it's that cold. I would pick a mash area along the ocean. Learn to eat fish and enjoy 60 degree F winters.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Birddog26

Maya are you realy trying to use this forum to sell time shares for a cave?
This is not the place to do that. There are other places you can go for that.

Priceless, this is the funniest thing I have read on ATS for MONTHS.

What a scam though start selling cave timeshares at 5k a piece for when the shtf. A webbased business for the 2012 hysteria thats coming.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by frugal

Well you can even survive ib cold areas.Sometimes we will have to shelter in place in an emergency and with some planning you can ride alot out.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Bird dog, you need to dig a little bit down there at your bug out location.

The cinder blocks are nice for deflecting small arms fire for a bit, but you need to shore up the defensive perimeter a little. Maybe a chain link fence around the building to set off RPG's at a distance, or some sandbags outside the walls.

The roof is troublesome if you are surrounded (tends to happen when you hunker down), very little protection from mortar fire.

I would dig a deep hole and start pouring concrete with a lot of rebar!

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Once. most Americans held title to at least a few acres of land if not a couple of hundred. When the depression hit many had to sell out and look for jobs in the cities. The cycle continues as small farms are pushed out of business by big agra.
Nowadays most of us only actually own a car and some electronics, no land , no house. And somehow we think we're better off than our parents and grandparents?

You are very fortunate Birddog to have what you do. That's a lot of acreage to try to defend though.
Me, I will going up in to the mountains (alleghenies) and finding a place where others have a hard time getting to. Once you learn the habits of animals it's actually pretty easy to find a good hiding spot where you can make a base camp. There's also quite a few small caves around here and I have my eye on them as well.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 08:42 AM
link   
In what I feel is a very small chance, if the shtf, that it will need to be defended, that will not be a problem.

[edit on 28-7-2010 by Birddog26]

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Birddog26

Sounds like a great place to hide out till things settle down, but also take into consideration that in a SHTF scenario (man made or natural) that your ownership of this land becomes irrelevant, since their wont be any legal system to backup or support your claims of ownership.. Buy plenty of guns and have trusted people to help you protect your land!

But even that wont help much if martial law is imposed and deems your land and everything on it property of the state.. Think 'they' will leave you in peace to ride out the storm while everyone is being rounded up?.. How long could you hold out against tanks and anything else they may care to throw at you?.

Get out and buy some land in some far away place, the further away from any major military control the better.. Invest in seeds, tools and anything else that can be easily bartered with..

Good luck.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   
George Ure on Urban Survival says that you need to be above the 40th parallel to survive. You are not. You might want to check it out.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Freelancer

As I have said I do not believe in the martial law hype for a number of reasons. What I do believe in is that being prepared is always a good thing and the possibility of a Jericho type scenario is a real possibility. Being "almost" former military, defense is always a concern and has been well thought out.

[edit on 29-7-2010 by Birddog26]

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Your place sounds perfect. Enough land to see if anyone is coming. Plenty cleared out to farm and if you wanted to start a colony. The ability to be off of the grid is amazing as well. Even for now it must be nice to be able to just get away from all of the distractions of day to day life.

Thank you for the post.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 03:44 AM
link   
reply to post by who_sright?

It does and has always served a dual pupose both as a place to go in an emegency and a great getaway during all other times. I hope to sell my place and retire there soon.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 02:25 AM
link   
reply to post by frugal

i live in northwest indiana. it doesnt get that cold to be unbearable lol i dont even wear winter coats..
i wear hoodies
im also 150 pounds so im not a big guy thats warm all the time

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join