It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will we survive without a Leader/Guide?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by virgom129
reply to post by Spirit777

Are you serious???

If there was a REAL MESSIAH do you think with all the powers we read in the Bible, they would care what TPTB think or have planned???

A real Messiah could just turn all the sinners into salt...

We could live in peace...

When that happens, I'll believe...

Or perhaps the messiahs only real powers are those of his words?

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Spirit, I am sorry if you thought I could not understand you. You were very easy to understand. My comments were to others that responded. If you look at my past posts you will find I am an Army officer (getting ready to retire). My views are very upbeat about life and our world. I think things are not as bad as when I was young and better times are ahead. Take care and best of wishes.

[edit on 28-7-2010 by Birddog26]

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 05:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Birddog26

Spiret, I am sory if you though I could not understand you. You were very aesy to understand. My comments were to other that responded. If you look at my past posts you will find I am an Army officer (getting ready to retire). My views are very upbeat about life and our world. I think things are not as bad as when I was young and better times are ahead. Take care and best of wishes.

Thank you and yes i did consider your point was not aimed at me

I think having an optimistic outlook is the only way forward.
It is easy to let the negativity in the world effect you negatively however realising that negativity energy can be digested and transformed to positive energy is vital in understanding the human transition or the evolution of humanity from sleepers to the awakened.

Peace and blessings to you and i wish you the most satisfying retierment possible

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 05:48 AM
link   

How could you believe that and the Bible???

"Actions speak louder than words."

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by virgom129

How could you believe that and the Bible???

"Actions speak louder than words."

Because i know that miracles are based on ones perceptions of an event.
What could appear a miracle to me may be witnessed by another who would not see a miracle.

Those who followed Jesus, Mohammed, Krishna, Buddah and so on may have been more open to seeing miracles. As a result they would have written about it in scripture from the perspective of a miracle.

The parting of the seven seas, turning water to wine, turning a rod to a serpent, turning a loaf of bread into plentiful food....they could all be metaphores or allegories or could simply be the writers interpreted perception of an event.

Personally i feel that all miracles are based on the coming together of coincidences and timing and that the messiahs real power is in what he says and not what he does.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 05:58 AM
link   
Please continue the discussion amongst yourselves i shall be back a little later.

Peace and blessings.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 06:20 AM
link   
reply to post by virgom129

Explanation: St*r for you!

Yes actions [descriptive reality] do speak far louder than words [perscriptive reality] and to that extent, the actions of "the pen is mightier than the sword" is quite apt!

Personal Disclosure: Sometimes words have their own actions [i.e. Doh! :facepalm: or sign language for the hearing impared] and sometimes words are acted upon [i.e. FIRE!
] etc! Education is key to unlocking ones own potential... sometimes this requires a Sifu/Guru/Master/Mentor/Teacher/Guide etc. BUT ultimately we are all our own task masters at the beginning, during and in the end!

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 06:28 AM
link   
reply to post by OmegaLogos

This is what I am talking about. The OP wants to engage in a meaningful discussion about a leader and you talk in riddles. The OP deserves a real answer and real conversation on this subject. The op wants everyones heartfelt answers without having to consult the NSA.

Yes mods I know I am going to get deep sixed on this response but I think people deserve real answers and not riddles.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Birddog26

Explanation:
Ok! Here/hear are my Heartfelt answers!

We all start with cognito ergo sum! i.e "I think, therefor I am!" and yet we have no other proof at that time and also self assessing is an ethical fail! Tsk Tsk Tut TuT!

We seem to have all been able to lead ourselves out of that swampy philosophical quagmire!

Why Stop There???

Personal Disclosure:
To the
I am
with this member seeking clarification from me and I was in no way offended by their post.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 08:32 AM
link   
S+F

Well, what would be a good leader ? somebody who will retreive world peace ? IF that ever would become for real... I don't know. At first I thought that Obama was a good leader, but I don't know.. we just have to wait and see what he makes out of it..

A return of the Mesiah would that help ? Well If I see the good lord Jesus christ on earth back again and he would make the earth a heaven once again like he promissed... then I would follow him again, but how do we know he is not a false mesiah ?

it's difficult.. I guess..

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Interesting.

The human collective was never meant to be ruled as a top-down dictatorship. The universe prefers chaos. Any human prefers to be free and not ruled. That goes for all beings (cats, dogs, etc.)

If by "leadership" one implies guidance then you are going away from the fact that you have all the information which is the fact. Everything that you ever need is within you. All information is available within your mind.

Coming back to reality; doing away with all government is written in our future. All government will be disintegrated. The way we will resolve issues is exactly as is done in nature - through Chaos forming into an organized collective (e.g.: white cells attaching disease in body). The Self Organized Collective (SOC as Clif High has labeled) when required will come together and then dismantle when the issue is resolved. This is the way of the future for our society.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   
I am automatically mistrustful of anyone who "jumps to the head of the parade" and tries to play the role of guru, leader, messiah, etc. It never ends well for anyone.

Cliched as it is to note, we are now in a networked age. The new way forward, for good or for ill, is toward open-ended, fluid networks, dispersed and de-centralized. A pyramid-type hierarchy represents the old order, what is dying and crumbling. Placing a single leader at the apex of society is a retrogressive and ultimately impossible move. We cannot go back in that direction.

What we need are not new leaders but new systems, and new ways of thinking/organizing. The issues we face have reached an order of complexity that can no longer be addressed by any single individual or any small group of individuals.

I think the new system will have to emerge "organically," so to speak, and be "backwards compatible" with lots of smaller, more mundane systems already in place. In other words, transformation rather than revolution.

The challenge will be to nurture a robust, fair, prudent, and beneficial system that is dispersed in nature, without slipping into bloody chaos and anarchy. Its a thin line to walk and it requires all our strength, integrity, caution, and wisdom.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join