It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mexican Consulate in NY Website: No English Option

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 03:06 AM
link   
Yep. Unless I am as blind as a bat, I have searched and searched on their page, and I cannot find any English option at all. There might be a specific document or two in English, but the website is completely in Spanish.

www.sre.gob.mx...

At least the American Consulate in Mexico offers their own people a Spanish option:

mexico.usembassy.gov...

Now I understand that fighting drug wars can get expensive, but would it cost the Mexican government all that much to provide an English speaking option for the consulate located in New York City?

Or is this just another typical, disrespectful slap in the face from the country that is having its merry way with our borders and waving Mexican flags and fingers in our faces on the streets of American cities across this country?

Well, then how about this, Mexico... If you can't even provide me with an English speaking option to view your website about your locale in New York City, then how about taking a hike, huh?

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 03:47 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Considering spanish is one of the fastest growing languages worldwide, perhaps its time to learn it.
, after all the USA isn't the be all and end all of this world although some likes to think it is.

[edit on 28-7-2010 by franspeakfree]

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 03:55 AM
link   

english Link

[edit on 28-7-2010 by Zeta Reticulan]

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 04:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Zeta Reticulan

...not the same site...nice try though...

And funny thing is, I already speak fluent Spanish... Not the point. That post was a ridiculous cop out franspeakfree.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 05:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
And funny thing is, I already speak fluent Spanish... Not the point. That post was a ridiculous cop out franspeakfree.

If you speak spanish whats the problem then? surely you have to just sit back and give in to this one. Its a waste of energy otherwise.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 06:03 AM
link   
Oooooh, I see it. You have to go to the main link for the web site www.sre.gob.mx... (minus the nuevayork on the end) to get the English option. Still very obtuse.....

How funny is that. Looks like they may have separate versions of the site? After trying to load it in 3 browsers on 2 machines, I only get:

INICIO CONTACTO Julio 28 de 2010

No English option at all compared to the screen shot above. Wish I could take a screen shot, but for some reason I can't upload to any of the normal sites from work

edit for lack of caffeine.....

[edit on 7/28/2010 by CeltAngel]

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Wow...are you just looking for things to be upset about...because I don't see the issue here.

The Mexican consulate is for MEXICANS...who generally speak spanish. It isn't for Americans. And they DO offer an English link, but it's on their main page.

So exactly how is it a slap in a face to Americans for Mexicans to speak spanish in their own consulate???

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Well in the words of Homer Simpson - DDDOOHHHH. A consulate is just for citizens of Mexico. A Consulate is not an Embassy. If you want to complain learn between the two.

And if you cannot figure out, the citizens of Mexico speak Spanish and would communicate with thier goverment in their official language.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 06:49 AM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

reply to post by Birddog26

Are you guys sure about that? If I'm an American seeking an entry visa into Mexico, don't I have to go to the Mexican embassy to get it?

Edit: Just learned the difference between an embassy and a consulate, thanks BirdDog

[edit on 28/7/10 by ConspiracyNut23]

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 06:53 AM
link   
What confuses me is why people refuse to learn Spanish? Spanish originated from Europe. If anyone should complain it has to be the translators. lol

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 06:56 AM
link   

I guess clicking on the English version of the page should warrant a thread from you complaining about how it is in English with no Spanish version for the Mexicans to read?

This is really what ATS has become?

"I clicked the Spanish link and cannot find an English link inside the Spanish link!
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. Ethnocentrists!"

Did the fact that the web address was for nuevayork not tip you off at all that it might be the Spanish version of something you were looking at or is the Web supposed to have a default English address for everything?

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 06:59 AM
link   
reply to post by ConspiracyNut23

Yes I am sure, The OP is talking about the Consulate and you are correct that you go to the Embassy for a visa. Look at the title of the post it clearly states Consulate.

[edit on 28-7-2010 by Birddog26]

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 07:05 AM
link   
reply to post by ConspiracyNut23

Are you guys sure about that? If I'm an American seeking an entry visa into Mexico, don't I have to go to the Mexican embassy or consulate to get it?

You don't even need a visa to get into Mexico if you are an American. You will need an American Passport to get back into America, but no visa to get into Mexico. All you need is a "mexican tourist card" which you either get at the border or fill out the form on your flight to Mexico.

So I really don't know why it's a big deal that the website is in spanish....consulate offices are for that countries citizens visiting the country they are located in.

[edit on 28-7-2010 by OutKast Searcher]

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Thanks guys!

consulate offices are for that countries citizens visiting the country they are located in.

In this case, I'm not seeing why the OP has a beef with Mexico either.

There's certainly no conspiracy here.

PS: It's been a while, but i think Canadians get a 180-days landing visa when entering Mexico as well.

[edit on 28/7/10 by ConspiracyNut23]

new topics

top topics

join