It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

URGENT: Japanese tanker explodes near Strait of Hormuz

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 05:57 AM
link   
reply to post by minkey53

Iran and Japan still maintain quite close trade relations so it would not make sense at all if they attacked a japanese boat. Probably pirates.

link   
reply to post by minkey53

Here's the entire relationship policy between Japan and Iran.
en.wikipedia.org...

link   
[Self-edit for redundancy -- same information reported earlier in thread. Sorry.]

[edit on 7/28/10 by silent thunder]

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 05:58 AM
link   
my money is on either CIA or mossad spec ops trying to stir up the BS , testing out new weapons

they want all out war with Iran and will stop at nothing to tarnish their name in the international community , they want everyone to fear Iran .

this reeks of BS

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
reply to post by Hellas

The whole flash on the coast could and IS PROBABLY NOTHING. Could be a car window reflecting the sun. Could be anything.

At just after midnight?

PS, about the markets, i am clueless, is this having an effect, if so what?

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 06:00 AM
link   
The earth quake report could have been the sound percussion of the first artillery round that missed traveling over head. The second round hit.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by minkey53

Originally posted by jonny2410
I think if it was a fasle flag event, or a legitimate attack from Iran, it would be on a western vessel and not a japanese one surely.

Aren't the US and Japan friends?

Why would Japan help / support / trade with Iran?

Confused

Japan is a sovereign country and entitled to trade with whomever it wants?

And yes, i'll go sit in your back yard and and give you orders and threaten to shoot you if you say anything, nice kind of friend hey?

link   
Maybe we can edit the title to something like "Reports -Japanese Tanker attacked in Straight of Hormuz. Its clear it did not explode like the first news source said.

link   

Originally posted by harryhaller

Originally posted by Vitchilo
reply to post by Hellas

The whole flash on the coast could and IS PROBABLY NOTHING. Could be a car window reflecting the sun. Could be anything.

At just after midnight?

PS, about the markets, i am clueless, is this having an effect, if so what?

Ah yes forgot it was at night.

If it was at night, no way in hell some guy with a basic RPG could do that. Unless the boat was REALLY CLOSE to the shore.

If it's not a RPG, it's high tech stuff, like a torpedo, good missile or artillery, nothing ``pirates`` do have.

Oil prices flat. Precious metals a little up or flat.

If this was a real big crisis IMO, oil would be spiking by at least 3-5% and precious metals too.

[edit on 28-7-2010 by Vitchilo]

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Aren't the US and Japan friends?

Why would Japan help / support / trade with Iran?

Confused

Japan imports 98%-99% of its oil.

When you are running the world's second-largest economy with 127 million people on thinly-topsoild, almost-resource-less volcanic rocks, you really can't afford to be too picky about where and how you get your energy.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 06:11 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
Bloomberg headline and article

Mitsui Says Tanker Possibly Attacked South of Hormuz

Here we go. Confirmation in English:

"The crew consists of 15 Indians and 16 Filipinos, Mitsui said."

No Japanese citizens. The injured person = Indian citizen.

Where does this rabbit hole go? And how deep is it?

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Same story...WSJ.

UPDATE: Persian Gulf Tanker Blast May Have Been Attack -Mitsui

[Interesting that Bloomberg and the WSJ picked this up first...just...interesting.]

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 06:24 AM
link   
I wonder if they painted up this boat in enemy colours and ramed it into a critical vessel?
who's idea was that again? Halliburtons CEO?

I think that this will be shown to be a random, small time suicide bomb. a little tinny with an outboard motor, full of explosives ramming into an 'infidels ship' (atleast thats what they'll feed us)

This incident will be hyped up, make front page news and cause massive increases in the number of security checks, points and officers in the straits of hormuz. Western of course.

This will :

1. provide valuable recon and on the job training, in case any incidents in the near future will require the US to safeguard oil through the straits of hormuz.

2. introduce fake pressure to boost the price of oil. This will provide much needed funds to repay the cost of the cleanup and Gulf oil leak repairs, and also much needed funds for the government and its corporate leaders before they big ball game.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 06:25 AM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

Yeah, and???? There are thousands of Vessels trading Worldwide that are owned by 1 country, and have Foreign crew on them. Look at Maersk Line. They have a pretty decent sized fleet, yet have Multinational crew on them. Hell, some of their vessels aren't even running under a Danish flag, even though they are owned by a Danish company.

As for there being nothing in that section of the vessel that could have exploded, well, there are the Bunkers. Bunkers are the ships fuel tanks. And considering it was an Oil Tanker, the aft is where the Bunkers would be placed. So that is some mis-info right there.

As for what caused it - well, there are a multitude of reasons why there could have been an explosion on board. Leaking fuel line, an ignition of fuel vapour, and many other possibilities. It would be interesting to see how old the vessel actually is. Knowing the age of the vessel would help in determining what condition it would be in.

Will have to keep an eye on it to see how things pan out.

Edit - Found a pic of the Vessel. Not sure when the pic was taken, but it look pretty new.

Making an educated guess that we can rule out an accident because the vessel is old. Still, it could have been human error. Trust me, some of the stories I have heard of what some crew have done on board TANKERS would have your jaws hitting the ground. Sometimes, the lack of common sense is astounding.

But as I said, will wait and see before making a judgement call.

[edit on 28-7-2010 by TerribleTeam2]

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 06:26 AM
link   
I have a feeling that someone is trying very hard to dent world relations. First we have the cheonan attacked, causing further problems between NK/SK (its still unclear who did this, NK denying it all the way), now we have a japanese tanker attacked that could possibly cause relation issues with Iran/Japan. I think a surprise is going to be thrown out when the results of this comes out......just my opinion though.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Map of incident:

www.panorientnews.com...

The Mitsui OSK Lines tanker M. Star suffered an apparent attack in the Persian Gulf near the Straits of Hormuz.

As a COMPLETE aside:MV Sirius Star
The ship received international attention when it was hijacked by Somali pirates on 15 November 2008, becoming the largest ship ever captured by pirates.

How many ships have the word "star" in their name, that are MSM'd (is that a word?) for being "attacked" in that rather small geographical region?

Then we had the korean incident:
the Cheonan (Heaven's Peace)
No connection in this name, just sayin' ....

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by TerribleTeam2

Yeah, and???? There are thousands of Vessels trading Worldwide that are owned by 1 country, and have Foreign crew on them. Look at Maersk Line. They have a pretty decent sized fleet, yet have Multinational crew on them. Hell, some of their vessels aren't even running under a Danish flag, even though they are owned by a Danish company.

I see this as highly significant because its not only about Japan and Iran.

The injured citizen was Indian. India = Big, increasingly powerful, up-and-coming nation with a strongly anti-Islamic stance. How will India respond to the injury of one of its citizens?

There are a growing number of dots to be connected here.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Actually, Reuters carried the report about the Tanker having a Fillipino and Indian crew, which I posted on page two:

reply to post by Regensturm

Interesting thought about the Tanker crew:

India is weighing up relations with Iran and Israel at the moment, and who to be closer to.

India's relations with Iran would worsen with an attack, blamed on Iran, on a Tanker in the straits of Homuz, killing Indian crew on board.

Who would gain from that, I wonder?

Hmm.

No crew reported killed though, just 1 injury.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 06:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Regensturm

Good job, beat me to it, then.

See, these are the questions we need to be asking. What will the Indian response be? Was India targeted specifically by somebody? Or was the intended target Japanese? Or did it not matter? Or was the whole thing an accident?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join