It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

URGENT: Japanese tanker explodes near Strait of Hormuz

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 02:58 AM
link   

URGENT: Japanese tanker explodes near Strait of Hormuz

home.kyodo.co.jp

A Japanese tanker exploded near the Strait of Hormuz on Wednesday, leaving one person injured, according to the owner of the ship, Mitsui O.S.K. Lines Ltd.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 02:58 AM
link   
Let's hope it's just an accident and not a false-flag or an attack...

It seems only one was injured... let's hope it stays that way...

Just breaking, hopefully we'll have more information soon...

THIS COULD BE BIG.

home.kyodo.co.jp
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 28-7-2010 by Vitchilo]

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 03:07 AM
link   
I bet you all my star wars cards this is either NK or a false flag that's going to get dropped into NK's lap.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 03:08 AM
link   
According to this report Mitsui o.s.k says ship may have been attacked from outside force ,whatever that means
www.automatedtrader.net...

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 03:12 AM
link   
Great minds think alike. I was about to make a thread on the same thing.

Probably an accident but lets see.

+7 more 
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

This is it. I could accept anything anywhere, EXCEPT the straights of Hormuz right now.

www.irantracker.org... ns

In February 2010, Nikkei Business Daily reported that Japan was prepared to offer to enrich uranium for Iran’s nuclear power needs in an attempt to calm international concerns over Tehran’s nuclear program.

Japan and Iran have never stopped being trading partners. And Japan supports the Iranian desire for nuclear energy (as is their right) This is a most important event IMHO. The powers cannot attack Iran directly, YET, but attacking a Japanese vessel EN ROUTE to Iran (guessing this bit, who wants to bet?) is a very clear signal, and Japan cannot act in any meaningful way against the US.

link   

Originally posted by 12voltz
According to this report Mitsui o.s.k says ship may have been attacked from outside force ,whatever that means
www.automatedtrader.net...

Let's hope they don't say it was a torpedo-missile-mine from Iran or we could have big troubles.

I think this is just an accident, but you never know, they did the whole Gulf Of Tonkin incident out of NOTHING.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 03:14 AM
link   
I think if it was a fasle flag event, or a legitimate attack from Iran, it would be on a western vessel and not a japanese one surely.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 03:14 AM
link   
more from the quote above, read the article, very informative:

Japan and Iran have maintained trade relations since the Islamic Republic was established in 1979.[17] In May 2009, Japanese ministers participated in a conference on foreign investment hosted in Tehran.[18] As one of Iran’s most significant trading partners, Japan’s trade with the country consists primarily of Iranian oil exports, which constitutes roughly $11 billion of the countries’ $13 billion annual trade.[19] Nevertheless, in September 2009, Kuwait overtook Iran as Japan’s fourth largest supplier of crude oil. That month, Japan’s import of Iranian crude declined to 9.42 million barrels, a contraction of 27.9% from the previous year’s numbers

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 03:15 AM
link   
reply to post by harryhaller

Indeed. This might be a message to Japan or a plot so Iran-Japan relations crash.

We'll see how the west-japan-the MSM exploits the situation if they do at all.

Maybe it's just an accident... but near Iran's coast and right now when tensions are that high? Maybe...but thing are linings up.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 03:19 AM
link   

For Mitsui O.S.K to make a statement like that early on is worrying,they must have some reason to say this ,its an inflammatory statement without evidence in my opinion.here is another possible cause
www.esdjournal.com...

[edit on 28-7-2010 by 12voltz]

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 03:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by 12voltz

For Mitsui O.S.K to make a statement like that early on is worrying,they must have some reason to say this ,its an inflammatory statement without evidence in my opinion

Yep saying that without proof or doubt coming from them is not good. Especially with the area tensions.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 03:26 AM
link   
More on the blast here:

"Since one of the crew saw a flash on the horizon immediately before the blast, the company suspects it was highly likely an attack," the transport ministry said, adding that the area was not known for commercial piracy. The vessel, staffed by 16 crew from the Philippines and 15 Indians, was carrying 270,000 tones of crude oil, but did not suffer a spill. The tanker was heading from the United Arab Emirates to the Japanese port of Chiba, east of Tokyo, the ministry said.

news.smh.com.au...

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Alittle more detail here.

news.smh.com.au...

Thank you. Regards, robbo.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 03:29 AM
link   
Was the ``flash`` seen on Iran's shore or UAE shore or Oman's shore?

This is highly important.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 03:29 AM
link   
www.sbs.com.au...
Apparently one of the crew saw a flash on the horizon before the attack.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 03:30 AM
link   
Iran would not attack a Japanese ship. They are one of their few supporters.

IF this was an attack it was done by those who wish to cause problems for Iran.

I dont think this will get pinned on Iran as anyone with a brain can see clearly through this.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 03:31 AM
link   
Even if this was an attack Iran would not be behind it in a million years. They would have to be even more insane than some think to do this.

Most likely a pirate/terrorist attack or an accident.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Desolate Cancer

Indeed. If it was done by ``Iran`` it was done by US-Israeli cells inside Iran. Black ops types.

No way IN BURNING HELL FOR A BILLION YEARS Iran would do this knowingly.

I dont think this will get pinned on Iran as anyone with a brain can see clearly through this.

I pray that you are right.

But eh, people are so dumb. John Kerry said yesterday that plants were not growing in and around the US because THERE WAS TOO MUCH CO2... and people didn't say a thing.

People are freaking stupid. They would buy this.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo

Originally posted by Desolate Cancer

Indeed. If it was done by ``Iran`` it was done by US-Israeli cells inside Iran. Black ops types.

No way IN BURNING HELL FOR A BILLION YEARS Iran would do this knowingly.

I pray that you are right.

But eh, people are so dumb. John Kerry said yesterday that plants were not growing in and around the US because THERE WAS TOO MUCH CO2... and people didn't say a thing.

People are freaking stupid. They would buy this.

Not at all meaning to derail here, but John Kerry did WHAT? Oh this i have GOT to find out more on...

As to the tanker incident... Ugh. Yeah I could definitely see false flag all over this one. Iran is a lot of things, but they're cagey, and would definitely not burm a bridge like this incident would do.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join