It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

no offense but...

page: 1
0
<<   2  3 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2004 @ 05:04 PM
link   
...this forum is really crowded and unorganized. i joined this because i'd like to talk about aliens, conspiracies, etc. but i didnt realize it would be so unorganized and confusing. I know that one person wont change anything, but i just wanted to voice my opinion


[edit on 17-6-2004 by Grim7788]




posted on Jun, 17 2004 @ 05:05 PM
link   
How is it crowded and unorganized?? We have sections for just about any topic. Then those are seperated into the main topics. Its quite unorganized.



posted on Jun, 17 2004 @ 05:07 PM
link   
You have no idea just how "unorganized" ATS could be...



[edit on 17-6-2004 by ADVISOR]



posted on Jun, 17 2004 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Well I certainly wouldn't agree with you on the site being unorganized. How come you see it this way?
Also, for such a vast amount of subject matters how would you say it could be any better organized?

I think most people find their way around just fine anyway.



posted on Jun, 17 2004 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grim7788
...this forum is really crowded and unorganized. i joined this because i'd like to talk about aliens, conspiracies, etc. but i didnt realize it would be so unorganized and confusing. I know that one person wont change anything, but i just wanted to voice my opinion


[edit on 17-6-2004 by Grim7788]


It's not that bad. I thought the same thing at first .But once you get the hang of it, it's really cool. It's just like learning a new game or program.

There are some very neat features in here, take time to learn them and if you need any help just ask. Everyone here is very helpful. U2U me if you need anything.


Nutzo

Edit: Most everyone. lol

[edit on 17-6-2004 by nutzobalzo]



posted on Jun, 17 2004 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Well, I wouldn't call it unorganized.
Vast. Huge. A lot to take in at first.



posted on Jun, 17 2004 @ 05:12 PM
link   
You just need to spend some time having a look round. You'll soon find it easy to sort out in your head.

Its very logical after you've been here a while.



posted on Jun, 17 2004 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I could not really agree. I mean when you have this many members, some things are bound to be a bit cluttered at a moment, especially when tons of people post on the same topic. But, the mods usually clean it right up. This is one of the most organized forums that I have ever seen. I do not think that they could get too much more organzied. Unless they went through and put stuff in even more sub-catagories. But, I personally do not want to do more clicking.

Do you have specific suggestions? I am sure any suggestions would be greatly recieved.

My vote.... no changes needed.

[edit on 17-6-2004 by JCMinJapan]



posted on Jun, 17 2004 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Looks organized to me.

www.abovetopsecret.com...



posted on Jun, 17 2004 @ 05:17 PM
link   
well, its more crowded than disorganized. when i say those two, i mean about the same thing with both. its just that theres so many ads and news stuff everywhere. i also dont like how there isnt a thing that tells you if there are new posts. i dont like how you have to get points to get into certain sections, either. other than that, its great. the people are nice and helpful and i love the theme. i have 2 binders filled up with articles i read on this site.



posted on Jun, 17 2004 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grim7788
i also dont like how there isnt a thing that tells you if there are new posts.


You mean "recent Posts"?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 17-6-2004 by kinglizard]



posted on Jun, 17 2004 @ 05:22 PM
link   


...this forum is really crowded and unorganized... i didnt realize it would be so unorganized and confusing.


I can see how you might feel this way. In some ways, there is chaos here, and the community is huge now.

But the way I see it, we are an online community covering many different topics and opinions. It may not immediately be to everybody's taste, but you learn to love it like a strong cheese. You can choose which discussions to become involved in. Your MyATS link above can list only the threads from the forums you are interested in, which can help cut out all the cllutter you are not interested in.

If there's anything you would like help with or an explanation for, you have but to ask. Most people here are very helpful.



posted on Jun, 17 2004 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grim7788
i also dont like how there isnt a thing that tells you if there are new posts.


If you go to Todays Posts which is in a tab above, that will take you to all the newest posts made.

Also, if you click on My ATS at the top, you can see if anyone has replied to any of the threads you have posted on or created, that way you can keep an eye on only the threads you want.

Either way you're a winner, nothing unorganized about that.

[edit on 17-6-2004 by John Nada]



posted on Jun, 17 2004 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grim7788
well, its more crowded than disorganized. when i say those two, i mean about the same thing with both. its just that theres so many ads and news stuff everywhere. i also dont like how there isnt a thing that tells you if there are new posts. i dont like how you have to get points to get into certain sections, either. other than that, its great. the people are nice and helpful and i love the theme. i have 2 binders filled up with articles i read on this site.


Also...if you dont like the ads get a ad blocker...if you in FireFox or Mozilla get AdBlock...then you can just put the links of the ads in and you wont ever see them again.



posted on Jun, 17 2004 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinglizard

Originally posted by Grim7788
i also dont like how there isnt a thing that tells you if there are new posts.


You mean "recent Posts"?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 17-6-2004 by kinglizard]


sorry, i never noticed that



posted on Jun, 17 2004 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zzub
It may not immediately be to everybody's taste, but you learn to love it like a strong cheese.

mmmm.... cheese



posted on Jun, 17 2004 @ 05:31 PM
link   
I was wondering if anyone was going to offer this poor guy help or just go on the defense. lol

Another thing to do is get to know the colors of the different forums. This will help you to find what you are looking for quicker. Especialy in the recent post area.

Use myATS to find your subscribed threads.

And the MemberCenter is where you will find all of the tools.

Good Luck and once again, U2U me if you need anything.


Nutzo



posted on Jun, 17 2004 @ 05:33 PM
link   
You might want to look into the ATS adoption program, a member based indocturnation process...absolutely painless, from what I'm told.



posted on Jun, 17 2004 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by nutzobalzo
I was wondering if anyone was going to offer this poor guy help or just go on the defense. lol


Why do you take everything so negatively?
If you reread the posts you will clearly see the members of this forum going out of their way to introduce him to the functions of this forum.



posted on Jun, 17 2004 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by ADVISOR
You might want to look into the ATS adoption program, a member based indocturnation process...absolutely painless, from what I'm told.

what? adoption? wtf?



new topics

top topics



 
0
<<   2  3 >>

log in

join