It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Place your bets everybody: June 18th will the asteroid come?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2004 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Well If it does happen I'm going to point and laugh when it falls from the sky and when it get close enough of impact i'll turn around and say oh $hit!!! and run than finally trip on my own shoe laces

lets just hope this ^^ dosent actually happen

[edit on 18-6-2004 by ithilin]

posted on Jun, 18 2004 @ 09:06 AM
link   
And the Near Eart Object of the day is 2004 LY5 2004-Jun-18 07:53

neo.jpl.nasa.gov...

TPL

posted on Jun, 18 2004 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Well times up in my opinion.

posted on Jun, 18 2004 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Hmmmm you mean you didn't see the meteor crash into earth? It was a spectacular sight. Both the media and I also seemed to have missed it. Darn, well I'll have to wait for the next one on the 21st.

posted on Jun, 18 2004 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mynaeris
Linear, Neat and Bradfield came and are moving away from Earth. They got the nearest they were going to back in April/May.

I went back and read over what AB said and it was foolish of me not to realize this before posting about Linear, Neat and Bradfield. These comets have nothing to do what he was talking about. They are innocuous. The ones he's talking about are coming due south behind a black debris cloud that is moving so fast that when it gets here, we will all be taken by surprise. You can't see it because it's black. You can't see the comets because they are completely blocked out by the debris cloud. You have to use radar or radio waves. This will happen so fast, it could happen in the next minute or it could happen in the next 17 hours. June 18th-20th he said.

Oh, I don't even know why I'm bothering with this. I'll most likely just be ridiculed. I probably won't ever come back here anyway. Time to head for the mountains, I guess.

posted on Jun, 18 2004 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Saturday 19th June 2004, 2.33 AM [Palermo, Italy]

Everything seems fine. Looks like I'll have to wait a little longer. anyhow, everything will finish (one way or another) in 45.27 hours circa. Lovely how that circa sounds there. Oh well, personally think that this is just a fu-ckhead causing panic, but the recent stories about meteorites give something to ponder about. But i'd really rather ponder more about the fact that June is one of the best months in the year to observe meteors. And btw, AB said they're NOT comets, so stop looking for info on comets. Good luck to all of ya!

[edit on 18/6/2004 by k33l]

posted on Jun, 18 2004 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Looks like the hoax was... just a hoax...

Is it a sign that I'm a bad person for secretly hoping that some part of the prediction would come true? No, I didn't want all of life to be wasted, but I wanted to see some unusual event that might be able to redirect the focus of the world. Let's say that a rock had hit that caused a noticeable impact... well... I really believe that this would force the world to invest in some sort of large scale international space effort.

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 12:30 AM
link   
well its 1230 in chicago and no destruction
i guess we wil have to see if the west coast makes it it out ok

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by d1k
I have a feeling something is going to happen between now and the 21st. I hope not but I really do.

I know it is, I know what is going to happen, and I am all for it.

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 06:48 AM
link   
well i am still breathing so i doubt the asteroid is coming

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Springfield, Missouri

www.news-leader.com...

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Interesting article; It would seem then, that there were some incoming objects yesterday, but none that lived up to the scope written about by AB. There does seem to be quite the increase of meteors coming in the last month, or maybe it's just the increased focus put on the topic has created heightened awareness and note of such happenings. I don't know, Oh well.

TPL

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Well here in the UK all but 4 hours have past of the 19th. I'll give it 28hrs to fall, no more no less, after that i hope the AB hoax dies once and for all.

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by TPL
Well here in the UK all but 4 hours have past of the 19th. I'll give it 28hrs to fall, no more no less, after that i hope the AB hoax dies once and for all.

Can I interest you in a solar flare instead? Big sunspot 635 has developed a beta-gamma-delta magnetic field that harbors energy for X-class solar flares. If an explosion occurs this weekend (NOAA forecasters estimate a 5% chance of an X-flare), the blast will be Earth directed.X-class flares are big; they are major events that can trigger planet-wide radio blackouts and long-lasting radiation storms.

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I bet he's gonna say he got the month/year/day wrong once the 21st is over.
place your bets ladies and gentlemen, play your game.

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Well, here it is the 19th and we are all still here. Guess all the glom and doom sayers were wrong.

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Well actually the meteor struck and knocked us into a parrallel dimension and we just haven't noticed yet. We have repressed the trauma collectively.

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Absolutely not. Everyone knows there's no such thing as a parallel dimension. What LOGICALLY happened is that the meteor killed us all, and we're actually all in afterlife. It's just that the afterlife is the same as life. And, of course, we have removed the memories of the meteor, so we can't remember it.

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 03:47 PM
link   
"Well, here it is the 19th and we are all still here."

how do we know?

never underestimate hysterical denial.

TPL

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by k33l
I bet he's gonna say he got the month/year/day wrong once the 21st is over.
place your bets ladies and gentlemen, play your game.

By HE i assume Aussie 'liar' Bloke, he's long gone, back in his white padded cell.

[edit on 19-6-2004 by TPL]

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join