It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Place your bets everybody: June 18th will the asteroid come?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2004 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Nay to the asteroid/meteorite or whatever.
Yay, to something else which is more of a political/terrorist nature.
I'm way out on a limb here.
joey

posted on Jun, 17 2004 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Nay!!!!!

Nothing is going to ruin this weekend for me or by God I'll have someones rear end in a sling~!

posted on Jun, 17 2004 @ 11:58 PM
link   
No, Yes, Maybe. then again it is the 18th already and if I wait 23 hours I can give you an absolute answer to the question.

d1k

posted on Jun, 18 2004 @ 12:01 AM
link   
I have a feeling something is going to happen between now and the 21st. I hope not but I really do.

posted on Jun, 18 2004 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Here's another meteorite from NM that I haven't seen in the news, a picture was recieved yesterday. June 16th www.abovetopsecret.com...

The rumor that the Aussie Bloke is a friend of mine, is false

posted on Jun, 18 2004 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Well I'm guessing nothing happens. But in the event it does I have a few stores in mind that I plan on looting :-). There is an adult DVD store not too far from here :-) j/k

posted on Jun, 18 2004 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Nah y'all got it all wrong.. The end of the world will be on Dec12 2012
@ 9:12 CST...

posted on Jun, 18 2004 @ 01:11 AM
link   
What is going to happen then? That isn't the day Hillary Clinton takes office is it?

posted on Jun, 18 2004 @ 01:21 AM
link   
I'm gonna have to go with a...NO!

I have yet to see so much as a dust cloud. Our would's just not gonna end right now

[edit on 18-6-2004 by Surreal_Rain]

posted on Jun, 18 2004 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Question: Could whomever wrote the stuff Aussie Bloke was copying have been right about the events but wrong about their effects?

NO... I really don't believe any of this aussie bloke stuff,but I think it's interesting that we had that fireball in Seattle not too long ago... and another large air burst in Australia yesterday.

The guy who saw the one in Australia described it as the 'size of a house'. Now, I've read, elsewhere, that a meteor the size of a house, upon hitting thr ground, would cause a crater 3km wide. So... if this thing hadn't exploded midair, it would have caused serious damage.

Then, again, the dude could have been off in terms of his estimate... still, had an impact like that have occured, we might be rechecking our opinions of AB.

posted on Jun, 18 2004 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Good point, OIMD.
It's worth consideration.

Personally, I don't think anything like AB described will happen today.

XL5

posted on Jun, 18 2004 @ 03:46 AM
link   
Oh pfft adult DVD's, just go a bit further and get toys.

I say it won't happen, but I do have an odd feeling, just don't know if its "induced" or not.

posted on Jun, 18 2004 @ 04:04 AM
link   
I'd pee myself laughing if it landed on the house of KayEm's old boss

I doubt it will happen, although a bit of me is edgy.

It would be one hell of a lightshow though

posted on Jun, 18 2004 @ 04:07 AM
link   
Mmm, a no from me too.

I just can't believe for one nano-second that something that devastating could go unseen up until it's day of 'arrival.'

If there really was something big happening out there then myriad of amateur star gazers would have seen something.

If it does I'll be really pissed off though. My cleaner has been on holiday up until today and been living like a pig for 2 weeks. I was really looking forward to getting home to a nice clean house in time for the weekend.... bah.

benjj

posted on Jun, 18 2004 @ 04:16 AM
link   
Not that it makes much difference, but these are supposed to be COMETS not asteroids hitting us. It might interest you to know that there are 3 comets in near earth orbit right now, (Linear, Neat and Bradfield, the latter sighted Mar. 22 or 23). If you read the mainstream news, they state no danger, but you also have to realize that asteroid and comet tracking is a relatively new science and the margin of error can sometimes be quite large. They also do not state or address the possibility that two of these comets might collide.

Recently spotted is "the strangest comet we've ever seen" coming into our solar system. It is 3 miles wide and no information was given about its orbit. It was first spotted in 1974. This may be the anomaly AB was talking about, however what AB said and what the article said don't match up as far as composition of the comet goes. Plus AB said that the anomaly flat out wasn't a comet.

It does seem like there has been increased meteorite activity in the past few weeks, but it could just be that we are in fact passing through a debris cloud, it's just not the kind AB was talking about that would black out the sky. This fact was reported in late 03. It talked about minor increases in meteorite activity. If none of this stuff about doomsday and AB and Snowball and N & W were circulating so much on the internet right now, then we probably wouldn't think much of it. It's like how you never notice how many people drive a Toyota Camry until you buy one.

What worries me is this business about the navies all being at sea for wargames, the development and deployment of the Ballistic Missile Defense System, which is a violation of the Anti-Ballistic Missile Ban Treaty and ALL THE 25-44 MICROBIOLOGISTS DYING IN THE LAST SIX MONTHS!!

Whatever 2004 holds for us, it promises to be HUGE.

As far as my vote for imminent destruction tomorrow, I'm going to close my eyes, cross my fingers, kiss my gf goodnight and pray for a big...

NAY!

posted on Jun, 18 2004 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Not to mention that the Fed has pumped into the banks in the last 6 weeks 155 billion dollars...........JUST IN CASE..........of what.....?

posted on Jun, 18 2004 @ 07:39 AM
link   
hey... it's June 18th !!

I don't see anything falling out of the sky yet !

posted on Jun, 18 2004 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Linear, Neat and Bradfield came and are moving away from Earth. They got the nearest they were going to back in April/May.

posted on Jun, 18 2004 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Well not quite the life ending meteor we were promised but still, it did fall and fall in Australia. Well maybe...

A METEORITE reportedly the size of a house fell on the NSW south coast overnight, exploding in a bright flash, police have said.

www.theaustralian.news.com.au...

posted on Jun, 18 2004 @ 08:59 AM
link   
it's now 11:32PM, June 18th, in South Australia, where the hoax originated from. Conclusion was: it was a hoax, I'm tired and going to bed, bye.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join