It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Plane carrying 152 crashes in Pakistan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Plane carrying 152 crashes in Pakistan

www.abc.net.au

A commercial Pakistani passenger plane with more than 150 people on board has crashed in bad weather in hills near the capital, Islamabad, an aviation spokesman said.

One body had been recovered, an official said.

The plane belonging to Airblue lost contact with the control room of the Islamabad International Airport while flying from the southern city of Karachi.

"There were 146 passengers and six crewmen on board. We are gathering information. We have no more details," Mubarik Shah, spokesman of the state-run Civil Aviation Authority, said.

Pakistan's AAJ television showed foo
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 01:15 AM
link   
A terrible disaster as with all commercial plane crashes,not much info at the moment so we can only speculate.
One witness claims the plane was flying very low near her office and it was raining,possibly on approach looking for the airport in bad weather ,coming in from Karachi.
The airline was Airblue heres a link but it wouldnt come up when i tried, possibly overloaded site
www.airblue.com...

www.abc.net.au
(visit the link for the full news article)
en.wikipedia.org...
www.airblue.com...
www.flightstats.com...
[edit on 28-7-2010 by 12voltz]

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Terrible tragic news

Peace and love to all the families and friends of those involved.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Airblue's fleet consists of two airbus A319,one A320 and Three A321 ,hopefully they can find survivors and my thoughts go out to families.
www.planespotters.net...

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Sounds like a weather related accident. But things could always change.

BTW, you can delete 4 of those edits you made in the op if you want to.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Thanks .It does look weather related as the witness claims it was flying low near her office which may be unusual or why would she mention it? I guess the terrorism theme will be brought up considering the recent bombings around Pakistan.They have been planning a new airport at Islamabad for some time.
www.airport-technology.com...

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Man, there has been a lot of plan accidents / crashes in the new recently. And I am suppose to be getting into one not too long from now

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 02:21 AM
link   
reply to post by NeutronAvenger

Dont worry ,plane crashes are pretty rare relative to the amount of flights each day.Its safer than crossing the road and you will have to do that to.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 02:25 AM
link   
reply to post by NeutronAvenger

Mostly stick to the big carriers, you'll be fine...

Avoid the cheaper, small carriers..They are the ones that crash, mostly...

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   
another western made crap plane crashes

no overprice western crap is needed

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   
I posted this like a few minutes after it hit Reuters, when information was sketchy.

The times of this post are confusing me.

Your post says 2:something A.M. but had the plane even crashed at that time? There were certainly no details at that time like in this OP.

In addition, I searched all breaking news thoroughly. And this did not show.

Could someone please advise what is happening here with the times? Thanks.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 7/28/2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Instead of speculating, here is a link to a pilots' forum. Best information there, without the influence of laypersons' misconceptions.

The gist I have gleaned is the Airbus A321 was conducting the ILS/DME approach to Runway 30, circling to land Runway 12.

In the low clouds/rain/low visiblity.

A "circling" approach is conducted for various reasons...and in most U.S. airline operations, we have stopped using them, except in select cases at a few specific airports.

The weather minima requirements are strict for the circling approach, and one strict rule is to keep the runway in sight at all times. (We are trained to execute a missed approach immediately if sight is lost...this is all to prevent inadvertent flight into terrain/obstacles).

The visibility limits are there so that IF you still have the runway in sight, you are within a protect radius, and free of obstacles within the boundaries of that radius at the prescribed mimum altitude for the maneuver.

It does appear, at first glance, that this crew failed the procedure badly, and exceeded the safety margins. Poor planning/poor flying skills, poor comprehension of hte procedure. Not the first time such an event has accured, under similar circumstances.

www.pprune.org...

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 09:52 AM
link   
I wasn't speculating...reply to post by weedwhacker

Thanks for that information.

I wasn't speculating...I posted this story minutes after Reuters did, when information was sketchy and there were no other online sites with the story on them yet, and yet this OP was posted about 5 hours earlier than my. This totally confuses me.

The first time posted in the thread you linked to is 0633 28JUL10
ISLAMABAD (AP) Police say a passenger plane has crashed into the hills in Pakistan's capital....

THIS OP says posted on 7/28/2010 @ 02:15 AM. I think that was before the crash?

Whatever time zones these all are.

ATS must have glitched or we may have a prediction thread here. Or I'm still very confused.

[edit on 7/29/2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

the time of "0633" versus "2:15 AM"?

Yes, it has to be about timezones.

You're looking into this, so I'll give you a hint. Check the Pilots' Forum, most likely they all refer to any time reference in terms of UTC (same as GMT).

The other time ("2:15 AM") might be...? Well, I don't know the source, but you can check. Was it U.S. EDT??

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Any important victim(s) ?

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by VonDutch

They are all important to someone

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by VonDutch

Two Americans. One from the U.S. Embassy in Pakistan.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   
not exactly news, if there was someone prominent on the plane, or many "important" people then yeah, but if just your average citizen, nothing special to crowd out other news with

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by MermaidWatcher

Dont worry there is plenty of room for any other news you may find interesting,Did you here the latest on Lindsay Lohan ? fascinating stuff.

top topics

join