It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Adventures in Conspiracy (part 1) ATS Comic Book

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Mask

Then again, I find the TV to be an intrusive dictator of thought and a deadly poison to us all.

I can not enjoy such things...I can only watch everyone gaze into it and laugh while the world around us burns.

I agree with this completely. I am working more and more every day to get my family away from TV. My wife was raised on it as a junkie, though. She will admit that it placates her mind into laziness, and that is why she watches it.

But South Park is like a little island of sanity. It is a stinging social commentary, pointing and laughing at the stupidity that pervades American logic systems. It and the two fake news shows are about the only TV i really watch (other than having to be exposed to the stupidity radiating out from my set while someone else has it on). All three remind me of the mendacity which i find myself drowning in every day. And mendacity is my enemy. Know thy enemy, right?

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   
350 flags!!! Whoohoo!

I kinda am setting the bench mark at increments of 50 since the thread reached 300, so this is a big moment! Weeeee!

Where can I spend these things? I want a new car!

Ha...

Seriously, thanks everyone. Issue two is almost finished...still lettering page 9 and gotta finish a cover.

MM

[edit on 12-8-2010 by Mr Mask]

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   

350 flags!!! Whoohoo!

I kinda am setting the bench mark at increments of 50 since the thread reached 300, so this is a big moment! Weeeee!

Gad zukes! At this rate you will rule all of ATS with an iron fist!

What on earth are the rest of us going to do for flags now??

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by cupocoffee

What on earth are the rest of us going to do for flags now??

OMG...do you think I need to hide them from roaming flag hoards?

I need a flag vault...

ISSUE 2's art and lettering is done. Only a cover to finish now and I can start getting it online in proper formats...and get the audio done for issue 1 and 2...

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Great work, you get a star and flag from me.

When I first saw the thread title, I thought "Oh no, not another crappy drawn stickman thing" like some of the big comics right now. But I'm glad I gave the thread a chance.

I really liked the style of the artwork, and I liked the words too.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Ok ok ok....forgive me but...these are cool.

Just thought I'd show you the new Mr Mask shirts we got over here in Mother's basement.

I think I'll wear this for a few weeks before removing it...

Then put on another one...

Anyways, just wanted to share.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6ce04df07444.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8cf3148e6d54.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mask

um, is you mom a tent maker? like, 6XLT?

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   
I don't get the reference...

Lol...tent maker?

Eh...my mom is AWESOME! That pretty much sums up mother.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mask

you said you made the shirts in your moms basement. the size i need would be fairly large. perhaps she is a tent maker so i could be accomodated.

You must not have many fat friends, to have never heard the "We are gonna have to get yours at Omar the Tent Makers" joke.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

OOOOOK...ok...Im a scrawny guy. I get you now.

Lol...naw, we got tents for the bigger folks.

I have no idea when, but someday soon enough they will be available.

Oh, and if your bigger then some of the guys we make shirts for, then you need to be on tv...,, got me some whopper sized lads over here.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mask

... eeehhh, I dunno about the shirts Mr. Mask, .... I don't know if everyone would rock which is basicaly your head, .... on a t-shirt.

Your first comic showed what can be done artisiticaly, it's cool and everything, but I don't see many places it can go story wise, ... or it's commercial value beyond this site.

If you need a writer we can Colab. on some idea's for a running story which is not only relevant, ... but good as hell.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by IntastellaBurst

As for the shirts, this house makes hundreds of shirts a year...it was something we wanted...as for not having a market for such a thing, we are happy enough with the 20 we gave out for free.

I'm not a money guy...I simply enjoy making things.

You would be surprised how fast you can sell 1000+ shirts off a crappy band from the hell hole of CT...no problems if Mr Mask shirts sell or not, but if I had a dollar for every comic book shirt I've seen worn...heck...I could afford your good looks! eh, eh EH!?

LOL...

Seriously...as for the story, I have about 60 pages of it done. It will go where it goes and it will sink or swim. As for me? I think the story will be epic enough to make a handful of people happy.

But, I will say, for thinking a story based in the realms of conspiracy has nowhere to go, I think the story will be very fun.

Perhaps not your cup of tea, but surly I assume I can get a few comic lovers to read it.

That is all I need really.

Lastly, as pretentious as shirts may look or sound let me tell ya- when this house does something, we do it big...go big or go home....yknow.

There will be shirts....there will be audio dubbed videos...downloadable comics...free give aways, and a whole bunch of silliness....even printed versions.

Now, I understand if anyone thinks such a thing is a waste of time...but, with my team over here, no waste is made.

If anything, sending a few free shirts to people who figure out hidden riddles in the comic (is that a spoiler? naw), would surly be enough reason to make shirts...

Lol...alls I can say is, we have a tested and true way of treating people who enjoy the art out of this house, and we will shoot for that here as well.

Once someone said "Masks wouldn't have a reason to be made"....

10 years later, over 500 of them out there in over 6 countries...you gotta wonder....hmmm...was it worth it?

I always think going too far is worth it...its my way...

Money is not the goal with art...getting people to enjoy your art is where its at.

Besides...the shirts are neat...spider man heads look find on shirts, I say Mask deserves one as well.

I do respect your opinion here...but we didn't buy a full working screen press so we couldn't make any shirt we wanted at any time for any reason.

MM

PS- I take your challenge on "the story having limited room to grow" and raise you the next 8 issues... issue 1-10 "The Rise of Mask".

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Oh and keep in mind thats not ink...they are bleached out. Meaning, there is nothing to crack, peal, remove itself with wear.

The black from the shirts is removed, bleached, then dyed. If you havn't seen such a thing, its classy. Cost a lil more and its a little harder to work with, but a shirt that has no texture difference as if the shirt itself was born with the logo into it- pretty sweet.

Hell...I love it. wearing it now.

Proud.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Preview of issue 2's cover on the facebook page in my sig.

If interested, take a peep...

Title of said issue has been removed from the cover.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 02:22 AM
link   

no problems if Mr Mask shirts sell or not, but if I had a dollar for every comic book shirt I've seen worn...heck...I could afford your good looks! eh, eh EH!?

LOL...

Yeah, plastic surgeons can be expensive, but it might be worth it if you can finally take off the mask. You could still keep the mask handy, if only for "sentimental reasons." Let's face it, a skull-motif is ok around Holloween time, but on a normal daily basis, it sticks out like the proverbial sore thumb, eh?

It will go where it goes and it will sink or swim.

That's the sign of a true artist...Art for art's sake & all that. Many of the highly proclaimed artists throughout history died poor because they didn't care if they sold it or not...They did it because something inside drove them to it. But it might be a good idea to start thinking "commercially," at least to some extent...Like I said, plastic surgeons are expensive.

[edit on 15-8-2010 by MidnightDStroyer]

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by MidnightDStroyer

LOL...
Yeah, plastic surgeons can be expensive, but it might be worth it if you can finally take off the mask.

Ummmm...I don't think taking off the Mask will happen anytime soon. The comic is fine and all, but thats just yknow "comics".

As for real life....no sir...mask stays on.

You could still keep the mask handy, if only for "sentimental reasons." Let's face it, a skull-motif is ok around Holloween time, but on a normal daily basis, it sticks out like the proverbial sore thumb, eh?

Stick out? Hmmmm...I dunno...I always saw it as the Mask fits in pretty well. Just a face in the crowd really.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/585397723671.jpg[/atsimg]

That's the sign of a true artist...Art for art's sake & all that. Many of the highly proclaimed artists throughout history died poor because they didn't care if they sold it or not...

Yeah, I'm not a money guy...tell ya the truth, as an artist, any money I ever made was due to my handlers and homies "looking out for my financial prospects" for me.

I'm just not good with cash...

Dying poor sounds pretty possible , and I do not mind at all.

They did it because something inside drove them to it.

Same here...I have to say, the drive to create things has always been one that I can't ignore. Any money that was made in that process was just a side note to the actual reasoning behind the creation process.

I've been known to scream on the top of my lungs in crowded places-

"free art for free people!"

But it might be a good idea to start thinking "commercially," at least to some extent...Like I said, plastic surgeons are expensive.

Do you really think they can fix my face? Lol.

Commercially, I have wiser folks then me planning the details and making things possible to make a small return for my time. My talents remain in the realm of "the weird", but I do have a few genius minds behind me looking out for my pocket.

I can only tell them, I just don't mind if I see no green paper.

I just want a small audience to enjoy the project.

Besides...if the face gets fixed....heck, whos gunna pay to fix my attitude?

[edit on 15-8-2010 by Mr Mask]

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Besides...if the face gets fixed....heck, whos gunna pay to fix my attitude?

Well, they have Psychologists & Psychiatrists for that sort of thing, but if your "attitude" can come up with the kind of art we've seen so far, then I'd suggest that "if it ain't broke, don't fix it." I think fixing your attitude would only result in breaking your art, which in turn would break a lot of hearts too.

[edit on 15-8-2010 by MidnightDStroyer]

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Love the comic! cant wait to read more

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by MidnightDStroyer

Well, they have Psychologists & Psychiatrists for that sort of thing,

We have conspiracy theorists to discredit those institutions. I wouldn't allow no idiot tinker with my mind, just because they think I don't fit in with a cookie-cutter mold that they all voted on and agreed is best for "normal people".

but if your "attitude" can come up with the kind of art we've seen so far, then I'd suggest that "if it ain't broke, don't fix it."

RIGHT ON BROTHER!

I think fixing your attitude would only result in breaking your art, which in turn would break a lot of hearts too.

I agree...for the betterment of my own self, I think it is best I remain broken and odd. Sure it has its down sides...but in all, it has some of the best perks-

1) Those I befriend know I am honest and trying to remain that way.

2) I am loyal to a fault and hold odd standards that I find more "respectable" then those willing to lie, cheat and steal to the top.

3) My brain makes pretty things...if they get noticed or not, they still exist and in the passing "universe" I very much like knowing I will leave a heap of creativity behind while my bones rest.

So thanks for suggesting that my "weirdness" is acceptable on this planet. Unfortunately, that is a battle still being waged in the face of many who think "oddities are warts on the face of the human race".

But...odd is where I am...and anywhere else would be a place I felt lost in.

Thanks for the encouragement!!! It helps more then most people would ever know.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lady_Tuatha
Love the comic! cant wait to read more

Thank you!!!

Issue two is currently done (preview of cover on the facebook in my sig) and now there is just work in presenting it to be done.

ATS is helping me, and I am so grateful for the chance they are giving me to share my art, and the warm welcome I have gotten in sharing it.

When issue two is released, it will be neat! Much cooler then just posting it in a thread, and I can't wait to see it.

More info will be coming soon on that...until then, thanks! AND I hope to keep you reading the series.

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join