It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Adventures in Conspiracy (part 1) ATS Comic Book

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by sublimeinal
reply to post by Mr Mask

Rule # 8
Great job but leave Alex Jones alone.

Sublimeinal.....

Here's a word from Alex.....

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/91f2f7dcbe02.gif[/atsimg]

Cheers
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Excellent, excellent, excellent!

You show some great talent coupled with suitable humour. Keep up the good work!

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 02:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mask

Mr Masks Adventures In Conspiracy is what broke my silence... first comment I've made....I usually just watch and think and hum. Well done friend...good fun and a whole new Thread to follow and enjoy. Can't wait for more...see where your brain goes!! You've got my vote, thank you.

That's all for now...I'll be watching!

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 02:53 AM
link   
I couldn't figure out what was up with your hairdo...then I realized it was a pointy, tinfoil hat! Well played.

I'm still trying to figure out if I'm a sheeple or a skilled skeptic...

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 03:16 AM
link   
SO MANY POSTS, I had to reply to many of them.

Here goes.

Originally posted by Maxmars
Fantastic!

I expect you have a great future ahead of you should you keep this up!

After all, you will never run out of material.....

Thank you sir. The future of the series, like all my art, is uncertain but being seen with great hope. I will keep it up for at least ten issues.

As for never running out of material, that was the driving reason to make a conspiracy comic. I was going to make "a comic" somewhere, I had it in me, but I wasn't sure about what.

The answer was pretty simple. Conspiracy and ATS are huge parts of my life, might as well make a comic about that. I mean, what else would be so real?

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

But now you did it...we like it...and will demand more...back to work slave...make me some comics.

Yes sir! On it!

Cover is almost done.

Originally posted by Mike Stivic
If I know You MM, You are offline right now diligently slaving away in Your basement for us... Or catching up on two weeks worth of sleep and recharging for Your next creative bender

Coma was first...bender is now. You know me well Meathead.

Originally posted by Ghost in the Machine
More, more, more I say!

Seriously though, I've never been more proud to be a member of ATS. This comic has just confirmed my lifetime membership here.

Excellent! Increasing or insuring traffic to ATS is one of my important goals. Thanks for standing behind the comic and proudly doing so.

Originally posted by PuterMan
Unbelievable!

2 weeks - it would take me 2 years and then it would be rubbish!

Congratulations S/F etc and looking forward to part 2

I was finishing about 2-3 pages a day art-wise, and lettering 1-2 pages a day. Many people do not know the rules of lettering a comic, there are so many that it is mind boggling.

I still epic-fail at that task, but tried my hardest to follow the official comicbook ruling on lettering.

As for the speed, I am pretty familiar with photoshop and have been using it for a long time to produce cover art and stuff like that. So banging out pages with a few pots of coffee on the side, is pretty fast once I know what I want to show.

Originally posted by GetSomeBringItOn
Hey! I like Lady Gaga! Although I can't say I'm too concerned over the state of her genitals. Excellent comic, would you mind saying what programs you used to create it?

I used photoshop to create all of what you see. Most of it was done by taking digital pictures with an Olympus camera, and photos from the web of famous folks and places.

Originally posted by TheSlave1

can you tell us what will be happening in the next ones?

I can't tell you much about that. But I will say that each issue will deal with a part of being a conspiracy theorist and shoot for that "I know THAT feeling".

I'm planning out issue 2 now and me and my friends are pretty excited about the possibilities.

I will tell you that issue 2 will have a few new characters introduced that help define the "certain breeds" of us theorists.

Originally posted by true-life
I would pay a subscription for this comic - make it weekly if you can.

Monthly...heh...trying for monthly. Life is a fickle oppenent at time and time must be split between hobbies and hard work. I'll do my best to keep the series coming in a monthly installment.

As for paying, well, I don't see any fortune to be made but if I ever do see one I'll surly throw a huge ATS party! Heh...but really, money is never my main concern with art.

I like it free.

Originally posted by toolstarr
I loved it! I think it should be a required read to join

I agree...we need ATS officers forcing my comic on the eyes of new members.

Violators will be dealt with with extreme force.

Wonder if that would fly?

Originally posted by toolstarr

My lil ' cousin has a comic.

I went to the link you provided. What art was to be found there showed a great flow and composition. I'm not an animi guy, but your cousin has the talent for it.

Originally posted by Onboard2
Fantastic, Mr. Mask! Majorly entertaining! I thought you put it together very well in two weeks. Imagine what you can do with more research and a well thought out theme. V for Vendetta?

I was a little disappointed that you didn't care for part II and III of the Matrix Trilogies.

V for Vendetta was my favorite graphic novel next to the Sin City original back in the day. I was shocked to see it made into a movie. I even made up a poster a long time ago for a local punk band with the tagline "ideas are bullet proof".

Loved the novel and doubt I'll ever create anything remotely as spectacular.

As for the Matrix Trilogy....heh...I get a lot of flack for not enjoying part 2 and 3.

I guess that will never change.

Originally posted by Blaine91555

Cool, a Frazetta fan! Good taste.

RIP Frank...

We love ya!

Originally posted by dwiggen
Well Mr. Mask, I must say that I'm impressed.

This is probably the most positive thing I've ever seen from you.

Good work!

Thank you! I must admit, most of my art has a negative dark side to it somewhere. This comic will surly involve some darker parts to it. But over all, good humor and jest are my prime tools in all I create.

Thanks for the good review!

Originally posted by 831_toker
Where did you get the pic of the TV networks stacked up to the CBS eye?

I made it out of a dozen or some logos. Project Monarch would be proud!

LOL!

Originally posted by ge0089
Wow you must've spent your whole time making that comic. Congradulations; you must have alot of time on your hands.

In the time it took to make, I played two games of Dungeons and Dragons, did the day job and also had enough time left over to eat, sleep and goto the bathroom.

I don't do the sleep thing often enough, so yeah, I had some time on my hands.

Lucky for me, time is nonexistent when truly enjoying a project.

Originally posted by ArMaP
Great work!

But I think there's too much text in some pages, it makes the reading a little slow.

Is the next edition done yet?

I'm a big fan of your posting history, so thank you!

As for the "too much text" thing, I have always been in love with comics like Cerberus, Sin City, V for Vendetta and various other comics that would bombard you with paragraphs in long form. The style became pretty popular when I was younger in the indi-field and I have always tried to find a comfortable place between delivering that and "keeping it short and digestible"

But I do love a comic with written weight. Not that that is what I have given brith to here, lol.

Originally posted by impaired
Mr. Mask - you have been on my foes list, but I think I will take you off.

That was brilliant. Well executed - everything was just awesome!

ONE LESS FOE!!!
WHOOOHOOOO!!!

Thank you.

Originally posted by Stop-loss!
Be sure to add some conspiracy about the war economy as well.

Seeing as the economy is filled with conspiracies I personally subscribe to, I can promise you that your wish will be granted.

Originally posted by thebulldog
I am extremely impressed. Not only did you put your hardwork and talent into this but you gave of it freely- something I admire more than I can express in words.

Everyone who knows me, knows my art has always been free (cept for a crappy comic at age 16). Free art for free people, has always been my battle cry.

Glad to know there are those who agree.

Don't get me wrong...I'd make a buck if it was forced on me. Heh.

Originally posted by Jack Jouett
On the hoaxer panel, I recognize Alex Jones, Greer, The mexican UFO guy, Icke. Who is the fifth one in the hat?

That is Bill Ryan from Project Camelot (Meathead gets points for figuring it out first).

NOTE: If you look at the wording of the panel on that page, it visually displays them all in proper order of the text.

Bill would then be a lunatic by my understanding, as he is show first in the line up.

Sorry Camelot fans.

Originally posted by romanmel
You must be one screwed up Conspiracy Theorist to have come up with a quality rag like that, Mr Mask!

"sigh"...

Guilty...

Originally posted by TiM3LoRd
Well done dude. I must say your talent is wasted on here but I'm glad you waste it here.

I dunno man...I already got more then I expected from the project by the fourth page of good reviews. You all made a crazy conspiracy theorist very happy and completely compensated for his efforts. Really!

Originally posted by harrytuttle
Actually, that could be a funny way to start out an issue, having Mr. Mask combing through recent comments looking for a good conspiracy

The owners of ATS have been aware of this project since its beginning and have been very supportive in allowing me to post it here. ATS was something I REALLY wanted to use, logo and all, in the comic. Batman has his huge bat-computer, Mr Mask needed his own "information system".

ATS will be used within the series throughout its run as long as the site allows its use.

In my humblest of opinions I think ATS is a mandatory website for all conspiracy theorists, and I don't care who thinks its a secret alien-run CIA project designed to track you for the coming of Nibiru.

Originally posted by canuckster
somebody make this guy a facebook page for this already will ya...

Never used FB myself, but all are welcomed to do just that if they understand such crazy places.

CONTINUED NEXT POST-

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 03:36 AM
link   
CONTINUED FROM LAST POST-

Originally posted by true-life
you rock!

we need a section in ATS just for this.
I want daily or if you can't weekly comic.

I'm shooting for monthly...Hope that sits well with you. Thank you!

Originally posted by tyranny22

You've combines two of my favorite things: Comics and Conspiracies.

That is exactly what I was feeling when the project started! Glad you feel the same way. Thank you!

Originally posted by blue_fish
did a great job depicting the true life scenero on ATS.
It's exactly how I feel.

That is what I was shooting for, and will try very hard to continue doing. The series is to be much more about "being a conspiracy theorist" and trying to communicate that feeling, not so much about proving one theory wrong or not.

Of course I know I will direct fire from people defending certain sources I find to be false, but the comic will go through great lengths to say-

"this is my personal experiences and opinions, not necessarily correct in any matter"

Perhaps a disclaimer!

But yeah, I'm trying to hit that sensitive nerve we all share as conspiracy theorists by showing what it is like to be one. I can only succeed or fail in this attempt.

Originally posted by Dewi Winters

Reviewing the overall reaction, your comic appears a success and I hope reason enough to emerge from retirement. Thank you for sharing.

Thank you! And yes, my thread and U2U box has made me set my goals on doing a "10 issue" run that will sit as a complete body of work, a small graphic novel.

If people still show enthusiasm for the project, and if I continue to produce something worthy of your attention, then I will decide if another 10 issues will be completed.

In my highest expectations, I'd like to do 3 graphic novels of 30 issues that stand as a trilogy. But that is getting ahead of myself.

Originally posted by davidgrouchy
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0e5cb65321c4.png[/atsimg]

Epic meme is epic!

Originally posted by Unity_99
Talent. Its very funny. However, you're posts are typically skeptic based and I can't help but feel this is poking fun at being aware. In addition, you put some legitmate things into a category to misleed the sheeple, experiencers, Icke and Greer. Due to your being a skeptic no doubt, so that in a sense this could be very damaging and made to make a joke out of aware people.

I understand your opinion here. I have friends who buy into the whole lizard-people thing, or are totally UFO-ed. I also have a bunch of friends who are "self proclaimed aware".

I will do my best to not abuse that stereotype, but it is obvious that the series will portray me as someone who doesn't subscribe to that flavor of conspiracy.

I have major plans for bringing in many fringes of the conspiracy genre, and though most of it will be portrayed in what I suspect to be "humor", I can only say I will try to do it it good taste.

It is not my intent to prove any theory or debunk any theories. The comic is to portray the life of a conspiracy theorist.

I will surly travel close to the line on a few subjects, but I do hope I won't cross it in the eyes of ATS' public.

Lets only hope I succeed in showing all sides honestly but with humor.

I am only one guy working out of a basement, after all. But I will try to respect our resident theorists by being true to the genres they all belong to.

Originally posted by elg3cko

I so don't post much, if at all, but I signed in JUST to say that this is an amazing piece of work! Very witty, fleshed out, and brilliant.

I've seen a few posts saying they created new accounts or returned from long hiatus just to comment. That is so awesome! Thanks for that!

Always glad to see new members or people returning! If I can ever be part of someone doing that, well shucks, I am proud.

Thanks.

Originally posted by Springer
Very well done Mask.
Very well done in deed.

Springer...

Awesome! Thumbs up from the big man himself.

An honor sir.

Originally posted by SquirrelNutz

Oh. My. God.

This is the kickest ass ass-kickery that has ever kicked ass!

Ha! I made someone get up and travel down the hall just to read your post. Thank you sir.

I've always been a fan of your avatar!

Originally posted by Ashcool007
Sorry Had to ask as several members are asking can you guys Use MrMask's work to publicize ATS and Conspiracy theories to educate the mases, actually this looks like my other post but still i would love if u can ask MrMask to help grow website.........

Many of you have posted suggestions for making this series an official part of ATS.

Thanks so much for your support!

Who knows? I do know the idea is being heard.

SO SERIOUSLY THANKS!

Originally posted by agentofchaos
Does he encounter a sidekick and/or develope a nemisis or perhaps followed by the government? or is it entirely "fact" based? Take this message as encouragement to develope more as I'm intrigued...

Sidekick? More like cohorts.

Nemeses? Oh yes.

Followed by the Government? Lets all hope not!

Fact based is what I am going for, but obviously there will be liberties taken with the truth throughout the comic. But I am shooting for believability, so Mr Mask will not be abducted by aliens or be drinking tea with bigfoot.

Originally posted by briantaylor
Mr. Mask, this is very impressive indeed.
Do you do this professionally?
Would you like to?

I would LOVE to do this professionally. Yes.

It would beat working for a living in an unstable economy (like I am currently forced to do)

Heh...

Originally posted by Optix
I love this, keep them coming! As a comic book artist myself, i think its laid out really well and i enjoy the message.

I expect flack from traditional hand-drawn artists (I used to be one), so having a comic book artist give the thumbs up to this unconventional comic style, is really cool.

Thank you!

Lets hope other comic artists are as gracious with their approval

Originally posted by B.Morrison

I have no idea why they changed ATS news in the first place. I thought it was great, and so was the odd looking guy who imitated the MSM newsreaders so well.

Johnny Anonymous is someone I am a fan of. I dunno if its because he reminds me of a more refined Max Headroom, or that I just dig his style, but I have a huge desire to have him make a walk-on appearance within the comic, and have a pretty good idea how I'd like to portray that.

He just looks smooth and would translate into comic form darn well.

But that will be a road I cross if I am ever in the position to get his permission.

Originally posted by sublimeinal

Rule # 8
Great job but leave Alex Jones alone. I was once a sheeple until he and David Ray Griffin woke me up.

Also shout out to WILLIAM COOPER, a teacher before his time.

I have a stilted view on Alex and would love to sit down and debate a few tactics he is fond of using. In the panel where he is depicted, you will notice he falls in the order of "fearmonger" as in order of the text besides them all.

I do not disagree that Alex has done a wonderful job at bringing people to the awareness of conspiracy. I give him due credit there and even admire much of his work.

But nonetheless his most used tactic is "fear" and "anger", and I do believe that he is at times dishonest.

Like I said, I always wanted a personal meeting with Alex so I may get a comfortable answer to my suspicions on him. I'd really like to learn that he really was just really "serious" in his beliefs and not just forcefully pushing a product.

HEY! ALEX! if you read this...lets sit and talk! I'll buy dinner and we can keep it casual.

OH, and Cooper was part of my initial "awakening process", so expect appearances from him as well.

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan

I liked Pitt. It was an awesome comic. But about number 19 or so, they started missing deadlines. Then you started seeing crap like Wetworks coming out.

"heh"

I also liked Pitt...best thing they had going for them. But yup, comics really took a blow to thier quality during those few years.

Sad boosh.

Originally posted by harrietcapes
reply to post by Mr Mask

Mr Masks Adventures In Conspiracy is what broke my silence... first comment I've made....I usually just watch and think and hum. Well done friend...good fun and a whole new Thread to follow and enjoy. Can't wait for more...see where your brain goes!! You've got my vote, thank you.

That's all for now...I'll be watching!

THANK YOU! Again, I really enjoying thinking somehow I made a small difference in bringing people closer to ATS (no matter how small). Very gratifying.

Thanks for your vote of confidence! I will surly allow my brain the freedom to express more within the series. Hope I don't fail ya.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 03:58 AM
link   
Sorry for the triple post and the length of it all.

But so many people made my day I just wanted to thank you all for it and answer questions that were asked.

I also would like to thank everyone who I didn't directly thank and tell you all that you have given me the inspiration to continue with this series of comics.

Thanks a super bunch and really...just thanks.

Great response for the comic, more then I could have ever imagined.

MM

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 04:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mask

Yeah.....

It was alright I s'pose.....

I would have put in some bikini babes or some car chases.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Mask
Sorry for the triple post and the length of it all.

But so many people made my day I just wanted to thank you all for it and answer questions that were asked.

I also would like to thank everyone who I didn't directly thank and tell you all that you have given me the inspiration to continue with this series of comics.

Thanks a super bunch and really...just thanks.

Great response for the comic, more then I could have ever imagined.

MM

No problem buddy. You have a talent that deserves the recognition and praise.

Keep those comics coming!

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 05:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mask

Thank you Mr Mask!!

I really enjoyed that a lot. It is true that you will never see the world the same again.

All I would like to say is... Please sir, can I have some more.

NO, seriously, your comic was very well done and I would enjoy seeing more of this.

Rabaski

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 07:37 AM
link   
That was very entertaining, most excellent work.

I look forward to the next episode.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 09:14 AM
link   
It was all so recognizably funny, thanks a lot. I still know how i acted the first 6 months after being drawn into conspiracies like a moth to a glowing lightbulb. It fits like a glove
. But like everything, you get used to it and find ways to cope with whatever doomgloomdisaster thing is heading our way.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Just wanted to say that this turned out great, Mr. Mask...I can't wait for future installments...you got some major talent there...

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by MemoryShock
Just wanted to say that this turned out great, Mr. Mask...I can't wait for future installments...you got some major talent there...

Aww MemoryShock, thanks!

Let me say, few shows these days pass my eyes, but Fire Fly was a class act from start to untimely finish. Good call.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   
I'm joining ranks with another poster above in breaking the silence and making my 1st post! I really enjoyed this and can't wait to see more. I've been lurking literally for years and i must say this perfectly captured the descent into conspiracy in my opinion! Love the format also, I'm a big fan of the graphic novel (V for Vendetta, Watchmen, etc.) so the "text heavy" style is a plus for me! Keep up the good work and Thank You for sharing this!!!

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Awesome Job, I love it, sounds like the story of my life too.
Star & Flag!

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mask

/offtopic but kind of relevant!

Wow! Names that I haven't thought of in years!

Was first intro'd to Adams' work on reprints of early X-Men - some of the first I ever read, along with the classic Siegel & Shuster ties.

Frazetta - only know the name from links to Bakshi (which I was quite a fan of - i loved his animated style, which then leads to Krickfalusi!)

Again - genius work mate - great style and presentation in your art. Glad to see some of the old school comic aficionado types are still about

Hmm, should get my mum to send me my old boxes of comics I left in her house...

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   
First time today that I thought "ok, let's check this one out" and did just that. As an artist I think the artwork is great. Didn't get into the script much but will later. Well done though, great initiative.

Cheers,

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I love it! And its true what some say; Once you gain the courage to stare into the dark you cannot look away as you wait for it to stare back. Or, well something along those lines anyway.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   
I think you should the next comic about our economic problems, that would be really good

Just giving you some ideas.

Since i know more threads are being made at the melt down section.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join