It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

30 months in jail for broken gun

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 12:01 AM
link   

30 months in jail for broken gun

www.wnd.com

federal judge has ordered a 30-month prison sentence for a man whose rifle misfired, letting loose three shots at a firing range, prompting 2nd Amendment supporters to warn their constituents how easily they, too, can become a "gun felon."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 12:01 AM
link   
i just cant believe this can happen. well i guess i can nowadays. this is my first post. normally i just read but i saw this and i had to share it. i am a us marine and it really grinds my gears to see a service-member treated this way. why would the atf test the gun secretly. this was clearly not his fault. thisjudge sould be ashamed of himself

www.wnd.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Have faith and pray. This is a pretty retarded charge.

I'd like to see how long it takes to dismiss it.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 12:24 AM
link   
This shows how screwed up the government and courts are , no commmon sence.

They had this guy on the tube, that could fire a hand gun and you would swear it was full auto, but he just had a fast finger

[edit on 28-7-2010 by googolplex]

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Complete BS! This is clearly anti-gun driven agenda on the judges part. The justice system is broke! And has been for a long time. Hire a lawyer and make yourself a ward of the court which gives them permission to do what ever they want with you... Sigh

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 12:36 AM
link   
ok my ? is what kind of gun what ist?
2nd a 3 shot burst is total legal- you can buy the trigger ring? for it
and i can fire off 3 rounds from my semi ak-47 in no time and make it sound like it is full autoyou can even get the trigger for 5 round busrts which are legal. full auto you need need a class 3 license tho
this is bs

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Story from 2008

U.S. District Judge Charles Clevert said Olofson knew or should have known the gun in question fired automatically.

"This was a man who has considerable knowledge of weapons, considerable knowledge of machine guns," Clevert said. "Mr. Olofson, in this court's view, has shown he was ignoring the law."

Assistant U.S. Attorney Gregory Haanstad noted that Olofson had two previous gun-related convictions, including carrying a concealed weapon with his children trick-or-treating. He also noted that Olofson was reprimanded for corrupting Army computers and perhaps providing militia groups access to sensitive information.

2008 article

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 01:19 AM
link   
so is this what you Americans call democracy if so im not impressed

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 03:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

Shouldn't take long to dismiss when these hillbillies figure out what bumpfire is.
I need no full auto rifle.
When I want accuracy, I squeeze the trigger.
When I want suppression fire I bumpfire.
Google it there are several vids on it.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by g146541

that was kind of like my point.
i like the sniper motto"1 shot 1 kill"
the us is stopping making m16s full auto-they are starting to make them all semi or 5 shot bursts so you can't just "spray" and waste rounds and hit nothing.
people who know nothing about guns think it is hollywood but there is a thing called recoil and muzzle jump.
even the little 22 lr will cause this now imagine what a 223 or 308 will cause. thereis no reason for a full auto unless a 30 cal or 50 cal mounted on something for war
however if it is your fetish and want a full auto and have a class 3 license then go for it-it is our 2nd amendment right
i can work the bolt on my 30/06 very quickly and be dead on- just ask some deer- wait you can't they are in my freezer lmao

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 07:56 AM
link   
I had something similar happen to me with an old AK. The shepherds hook snapped and a pin worked itself loose while I was on the range. I didnt realize what had happened until I pulled the trigger and got "bang, bang, bang" real fast then the gun fell apart in my hand.

All I could think about was Olofson and how my life was just ruined.

Nobody was around and it's all good. I got a new hook.

This is the trouble with most of if not all of our laws. They are so absurdly all-encompassing that sooner or later a malfunction, accident or "act of god" will send somebody to jail and effectively end their life as they knew it.

This system is so hostile and wrong it's nauseating.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Im not sure if you would run into that kind of trouble in our great state...

At work we have these kind of malfunctions happen once in a while with our AR platforms...we stop and tag the rifle out and the armorer repairs it.

To Bigfoot, anything beyond 1 shot per trigger press is Class III NFA and you need to pay the tax stamp and have it registered. If you are in possession of equipment to bypass semi auto function such as the rings you can be charged as if you made your own full auto sear

So be careful where you shoot that thing!

[edit on 28-7-2010 by BingeBob]

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by crustyjuggler27

He had a bad lawyer?
2nd

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Theres the smoking gun...

this guy was already being watched...

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by crustyjuggler27

why would the atf test the gun secretly. this was clearly not his fault. thisjudge sould be ashamed of himself

You can't trust anything about the ATF, just look at the WACO incident.

[edit on 28-7-2010 by acrux]

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   
It's WND, nothing they say is ever open unjaded truth. This is just something they are using to rile up the "home protection enthusiests" (gun-nuts) in their readership. I don't know personally but I'll bet you there is much more to this than they are telling you.

SM2

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigfoot1212
reply to post by g146541

that was kind of like my point.
i like the sniper motto"1 shot 1 kill"
the us is stopping making m16s full auto-they are starting to make them all semi or 5 shot bursts so you can't just "spray" and waste rounds and hit nothing.
people who know nothing about guns think it is hollywood but there is a thing called recoil and muzzle jump.
even the little 22 lr will cause this now imagine what a 223 or 308 will cause. thereis no reason for a full auto unless a 30 cal or 50 cal mounted on something for war
however if it is your fetish and want a full auto and have a class 3 license then go for it-it is our 2nd amendment right
i can work the bolt on my 30/06 very quickly and be dead on- just ask some deer- wait you can't they are in my freezer lmao

Actually, M16A3 and M16A4 are fire selectable semi auto or full auto. These are the newest installment in the M16 line They are primarily used by the Air force,Navy and Natinonal Guard. The M4 is standard battle rifle for the Army. The M4A1 has semi, 3 round and full auto selections. As far as the recoil and muzzle jump...with the AR rifle series, the design of the rifle limits the amount of both as the operating mechanism is all linear contained all in a tube with a long spring and buffer in the stock. This redirects all the energy straight back add in the muzzle compensator and you have a full auto rifle with almost no muzzle jump.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   
So- who turned this guy in? or was this reviewed on a security cam or what..
-how did this become an issue with cops involved?
i dont shoot at a range for alot of reasons. nowdays i'm hanging on to what ammo i got.
but clearly we know that the country is to be dismantled and disarmed like
australia and britain. they'll outlaw knives eventually..we know that they arrested a girl at g20 for blowing a bubble.. they'll taze anybody they dam well please..dont film them or question them or out come the batons. just stay home and watch cops and other fine
television programming. america's ever growing private prison industry will help
the nation manufacture more criminals than ever..WE LEAD CHINA IN THE MANUFACTURE OF INMATES! even with 5 times our population we beat 'em by a million.
shows what a determined police state can do- it doubled under clinton.
martial law is on the book thanks to bush and obambi takes the hand off..
it's as phony as wrestling..and we are no longer citizens as much as we are civilians.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I disagree with the muzzle jump...

In CQB instances you can run a rifle with 5.56 ball ammo full auto prety accurately but once you open up about 50 yards or so it starts peppering like a shotgun blast...Full auto is truely only useful for suppression fire and even then youve got to be careful and keep an eye on your ammo...

If this guy simply had a malfunction then i hope it gets thrown out and hes released immediately...If he purposefully made it do that then youve got to follow the law.

That crap about his experience shoudnt be admissible either...you are controlling high pressure explosions inside a piece of metal with precision machined parts...sometimes they break

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by SM2

ok i stand corrected
i have only ever shot the old m16- a1? model and it had some muzzle jump
but i read afew years ago they were going to stop making full autos.
not saying it's true i just read it somewhere
personally i believe unless you are at war you don't need full auto unless you are a collecter.
as for his gun malfunctioning i find it hard to believe- i bet he worked on it to get it to shoot like that.
my ak-47 is only semi but for about $5000 i can get a new spring to make it full auto-but what i need that for
i still love the garand by the way

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join