It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's just getting out of hand...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 01:28 AM
link   
HUmans will adapt to thier surroundings. the more violent we become, many of the others will simply follow, thinking/feeling this is how life is/should be
it is SO eay to manipulate and control us, as our species is*
DAMN!!! the mcdonalds youtube thing, jesus christ! the effin guy cold clockled her almost! that guy went straigth for her face. I wanted ot see if if he was going back in line to place his order the dumbass. what a man of men, punches a woman, a teen no less. i am speechless : X

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by ziggy1706
HUmans will adapt to thier surroundings. the more violent we become, many of the others will simply follow, thinking/feeling this is how life is/should be
it is SO eay to manipulate and control us, as our species is

This is very true. The same is true of corruption in a society. Once corruption sets in, its almost impossible to eradicate. By corruption here, I mean stuff like having to bribe the authorites to get them to perform their basic jobs (in addition the the taxes you pay, that is), or corrupt practices within any institution. This is because in a corrupt society or institution, you have two choices: A) play along or B) get crushed/killed/incarcerated/otherwise ejected from the game. Whichever you choose, the corruption continues.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   
That's capitalism and materialism in full effect for you.

Or rather, I believe that money is necessary. It would form in one way or another, currency is the extension trade. It's more about the values, about the illusion that material goods could bring you any final happiness.

Currency should be a tool. And people need to learn that happiness lies somewhere completely elsewhere than stuffing a Big Mac into your face and driving that 40+k Mercedes.

Has there ever been a long period of time when there was any real justice to anything?
If we want change, we need to BE it. It's a cliché, but it's true.

<< 1   >>

join