It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My 2012 Survival kit

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Get yourself the basics at first. Food, Water, Shelter, Defense, First Aid, and other Extras. Dont go a bunch of cash on everytying at once cause nothing is 100% end of the world...these things are good to have anyways but be reasonable about it and more than anything dont overkill on it and freak out your wife on it...you will regret it.

NEVER call it a SURVIVAL KIT....call it an EMERGENCY KIT...

Its more acceptable by the sheeple who would criticise you for being prepared.

Lastey...if its your time to go its your time...there are way to many possibilities...get the basics and just keep your head on.

Get some MRE's, have storable water or a good 300 gallon field water filter, have a decent medical kit, and have some basic defense assets...everthing else can be added to over time.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Here somethings you might want to add to the list.

- Survival education - easy, just watch Survivorman or Man vs Wild.
- Learn how to fly a plane, operate a ship, swim, repair a car.
- Learn how to produce electric and learn a bit of electronic repair.
- Learn how to get/purify clean water, gather food from a desert, fish and hunting also a must.
- Learn how to heal yourself or others, identify and deal with broken bones.
- Instead of buying caves, build a bunker/ buy a floating house (can be use to store things or fishing trip on normal days)
- Find different use for normal things around you - hobbyist MacGyver.
- Fit to fight, either martial-art or fit to sprint run, even jogging helps.
- Get easy seeing carcass/detached human bodies. (yes its mentally hard)
- Remove sentimental and emotional values, they slow you down, what gone is gone, move on attitude.
- Teach others what you know.

So you see, its not what you got, but much more what you have.
These things are usable in daily life yet also usable in emergency time.
Having a cache is pretty useless when you dont know where you are (indonesia ex-tsunami survivor know this).

Basicly, have a "2 day vacation" somewhere (jungle/forest/desert/water/marsh) alone/duo with minimum stuff and see if this make sense.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by RainCloud
Here somethings you might want to add to the list.

- Survival education - easy, just watch Survivorman or Man vs Wild.
- Learn how to fly a plane, operate a ship, swim, repair a car.
- Learn how to produce electric and learn a bit of electronic repair.
- Learn how to get/purify clean water, gather food from a desert, fish and hunting also a must.
- Learn how to heal yourself or others, identify and deal with broken bones.
- Instead of buying caves, build a bunker/ buy a floating house (can be use to store things or fishing trip on normal days)
- Find different use for normal things around you - hobbyist MacGyver.
- Fit to fight, either martial-art or fit to sprint run, even jogging helps.
- Get easy seeing carcass/detached human bodies. (yes its mentally hard)
- Remove sentimental and emotional values, they slow you down, what gone is gone, move on attitude.
- Teach others what you know.

So you see, its not what you got, but much more what you have.
These things are usable in daily life yet also usable in emergency time.
Having a cache is pretty useless when you dont know where you are (indonesia ex-tsunami survivor know this).

Basicly, have a "2 day vacation" somewhere (jungle/forest/desert/water/marsh) alone/duo with minimum stuff and see if this make sense.

I know most of the things you listed, except for the martial arts to defend myself, for now a gun will work fine.

I'm a thinker person, I can repair almost anything, mechanical or electric, I also invent things to use for myself, I can resolve situations quickly.

I'm not worried about me, I know I can survive, what worries me if my wife and 3 year old daughter, keeping them safe.

I'm working on a power generator that consist on a 2 cycle motor, alternator and battery, if the engine fails or I'm out of gas, I'm also working on a bicycle type of adapter to replace the motor and generate electricity.

I'm also making custom air filter to purify the air around me using a machine or mask.

As for water filtering, I have several "brita filters" for normal waters and I will be also getting more powerfull filters for more pulated waters.

YOU WILL NEVER BE COMPLETE PREPARED, but having this things will help, for me the most important will be PROTECTION (guns and amunition) even if you dont have the other things, you will end up stealing them from other people.

Another thing is that in bad times, people will try to enter your house, BRINKS will not protect you, and those stupid windows that most of the houses have will not protect you either, so staying in your house will not be safe as you think. When I lived in Puerto Rico my house was concrete all the way and the windows had inside protection.

[edit on 28-7-2010 by cdesigns]

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   
The end of the world has been predicated over 200 times since 2000 years. Yes, every 10 years the world is supposed to come to an end and bring apocalypse.

Source : www.bible.ca...

In my opinion, it's Y2K revisited with Mayan flavor.

I keep a camping kit ready, useful for recreation and quick opportunities, also useful in case I need to get in the wood to avoid conscription, if martial law is declared, etc.

The most useful thing you can get is a water sanitation kit.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   
you should check out survivalistboard.com.
as an old boy scout and adventurer i see no harm in your hobby.
it may save you in some instance or another. it's not crazy or stupid to tuck some items away..especially if it's items used in the household anyway. its as simple a fable
as the ant and the grasshopper.
i have some extra rice ,beans, oats, honey ,nuts, peas, lentils, canned items.
i'd say were good for several months.
bleach, alcohol ,peroxide,ointments etc.
basic hand tools,camping gear, a hand crank radio. a water filter.
and an old shotgun and 50 rds of buckshot.
because if you can't defend it - it aint yours.
i find it a comfort as i'm old and crippled up.
i saw the road- pretty grim picture. this thin coating of
"civilization" could be gone in a week or two..
I did learn some spanish and i have other places i could be.
i keep a bag packed- have my passport and a little gold.
it wouldnt bother me to throw my 35 year old machete in the bag
and be gone. or i could sit tight for awhile-water supply is the trick of it
H&R shotgun is 125 bucks. buckshots a dollar a shell.
i would strongly urge almost everyone to have at least that much.

[edit on 28-7-2010 by p51mustang]

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by maya12232012
Its cool i am just try to help on things to do if nothing happens i gru ss i have cool cave to live i am just getting ready if snip] go down

Mod edit: Caps removed. Please see The use of All Caps Censor circumnavigation. Please see ABOUT ATS: Vulgarity and The Automatic ATS Censors. Thank you - Jak

[edit on 28/7/10 by JAK]

have you ever heard of punctuation.

[edit on 28-7-2010 by Lateralus51]

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Your most important supply item is SECRECY.

Do NOT tell your friends about all the stuff you have or where you have it. Because WTSHTF, they'll all be coming to YOU to expect guns/food/water/shelter/energy. And they won't be your friends anymore. Quite the opposite.

Find somewhere out in the country you could set up camp if all hell breaks loose. The last place you want to be is in an urban/suburban environment. More people, more problems, and more ammo you'll have to use to protect yourself/family.

[edit on 28-7-2010 by harrytuttle]

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Cybernet

Great. May I ask what are these & how they work please :
- Ibuprofen
- Hydrogen Peroxide
- Echinacea Purpurea
- Colloidal Silver

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by harrytuttle

Thanks. May I ask how can I built a shelter/camp in a woods without people finding out & coming 360degree (SECRECY) ? It is not a building that I can see people outside first before they see me, and I cannot hide/pretend I am not inside.

Moreover, if we expect most building cannot stand/destroyed, why trees can? If we expect most human cannot survival, why animals in woods can? If most trees & animals are dead in woods, wouldn't those animals/preditor move to cities for hunting human/food/dogs/meat in markets (which is also food for me in the city while I have a house to defense me while sleep), while insect & rats will be all over woods' dead animals body (and if I am in the woods with them, I will not have a house to stay away with them).

Am I wrong? Pls kindly advise.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 02:29 AM
link   
cdesigns, everyone above me has hit it on the head about learning survival techniques. Practice camping with minimal supplies, and you'll really see what you're made of!

If I may, I'd like to make a few suggestions on your supply list.

1) You have listed that you plan on getting different types of guns and ammo. While having a variety is always nice, you have many options to choose from. But, here is the downfall. If you have many different calibers, you need to have many different calibers of ammo, (obviously), and unless you like carrying all that heavy stuff, sticking with the minimum calibers is better.

IMHO, here is my personal favorite list:

a) AR15 - chambered in 5.56 That way, you'll be able to use military 5.56 rounds, or .223 civilian rounds. Availability of ammo is good, and many people use this caliber, so bartering for ammo will be possible. And for hunting, the range of the .223 is pretty good. The AR is the Mr. Potatohead of guns, and you can outfit it with many options, in whatever style you like.

b) 12ga shotgun. I prefer the Remington 1187 or 870, but that's just me, YMMV. The availability of 12ga ammo is also very good. It's a good home defense weapon, and good for hunting.

c) 9mm handgun. Following in the theme of ammo availability, this is also true for the 9mm. We could sit here and discuss ballistics till the end of time, but that's for another day and time. IMO, the 9mm is still a good handgun.

Right there, you're carrying only 3 different types of ammo, and 3 different weapons, all with their own strengths and weaknesses. But, the point I'm getting at is that they are the 3 most common calibers, and ammo can be had for cheap now.

2) It sounds like you've got a pretty good starting point on tools. The only thing I'd recommend is with the flashlights, stick to a common battery, like AA, C, or D. Don't mix and match. Having all different battery types is more gear you'd have to haul, and sticking to one or two battery types for the flashlights, (and other electronic stuff), is better in the long-run.

3) Comm gear, eh? Ok, scrap the IDEN phones, it's unneeded in my opinion. Yes, you have the security of limiting people listening to your conversations, but that will only be good for your group, no outside communications with them. Stick to Ham radio transceivers, they are made to run off of batteries. If you're worried about other people listening in, speak in code.

Handheld Ham radios can be had for cheap off of eBay. I've bought most of my radios from there, and they are perfect. Or, you can order straight from China, and still get them for a fair deal. Shops like 409shop is really good, I've ordered from there before, and they have good prices and good equipment. Plus, radios from there are not just set to the Ham bands, which almost makes a scanner useless because the radio does the same thing.

CB radios are good, it seems that almost everyone has one. But their range on a handheld is short. Ham bands transmit much farther, depending on frequency it operates on. You can even go HF, and reach the other side of the world!! But, a word of caution, if you get the Ham equipment, get at least the Technician Class license, which is the minimum. That way, you can legally play with the gear first, to confirm functionality. Having a bunch of stuff is great if it works, otherwise you're stuck with a bunch of high-dollar paperweights!!

4) Pick up some first aid books too. Knowledge is power, it may just save your life! You're not going to remember everything even if you tried, so having some reference material is a plus.

The main thing you need to think about is that you will be carrying all this stuff. Yes, the car might work, but if TSHTF, are you willing to bet your life on it? Having three items that do the same thing takes up too much space and weight. It may only be several ounces at first, but trust me, they do add up in the end!!

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 02:38 AM
link   
You have 90,000 dollars on hand....
and you're going to use it to buy....

...a cave

LOL...LOL...LOL........ROFLLL

This so sooo funny!!!!!

thank you for posting this

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 05:42 AM
link   
I suggest everyone prepare in their own way regardless of 2012 or not you wanna know what the worst thing that can possibly happen apart from world wide destruction!

you have enough supplies for a camping trip for 6 months

But in all honesty i'd prepare cos USA is starting WW3 in october and worldwide everywhere we need to be protected

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 05:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluebird2

You have 90,000 dollars on hand....
and you're going to use it to buy....

...a cave

LOL...LOL...LOL........ROFLLL

This so sooo funny!!!!!

thank you for posting this

Why be so mean posting that? 90,000$ aint gonna but a bunker now is it and a cave is one of the better natual protections on the earth from well everything. it's also harder to find

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Well mine consists of Beer and Frozen pizza. I live in North Dakota I have plenty of guns. So Beer, Pizza, and guns. Ohh wait that is like a regular day. Never mind I do not have a survival kit.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join