It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
Originally posted by RainCloud
Here somethings you might want to add to the list.
- Survival education - easy, just watch Survivorman or Man vs Wild.
- Learn how to fly a plane, operate a ship, swim, repair a car.
- Learn how to produce electric and learn a bit of electronic repair.
- Learn how to get/purify clean water, gather food from a desert, fish and hunting also a must.
- Learn how to heal yourself or others, identify and deal with broken bones.
- Instead of buying caves, build a bunker/ buy a floating house (can be use to store things or fishing trip on normal days)
- Find different use for normal things around you - hobbyist MacGyver.
- Fit to fight, either martial-art or fit to sprint run, even jogging helps.
- Get easy seeing carcass/detached human bodies. (yes its mentally hard)
- Remove sentimental and emotional values, they slow you down, what gone is gone, move on attitude.
- Teach others what you know.
So you see, its not what you got, but much more what you have.
These things are usable in daily life yet also usable in emergency time.
Having a cache is pretty useless when you dont know where you are (indonesia ex-tsunami survivor know this).
Basicly, have a "2 day vacation" somewhere (jungle/forest/desert/water/marsh) alone/duo with minimum stuff and see if this make sense.
Originally posted by maya12232012
Its cool i am just try to help on things to do if nothing happens i gru ss i have cool cave to live i am just getting ready if snip] go down
Mod edit: Caps removed. Please see The use of All Caps Censor circumnavigation. Please see ABOUT ATS: Vulgarity and The Automatic ATS Censors. Thank you - Jak
[edit on 28/7/10 by JAK]
Originally posted by bluebird2
You have 90,000 dollars on hand....
and you're going to use it to buy....