It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My 2012 Survival kit

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 11:11 PM
link   
I dont know if something is going to happen but I'm startinf to be prepare, it could be a Nuclear war , earthquakes, alien invasion whatever it's here is my starting survival kit.

1)Protection: I have (2) CO2 guns, and (1) Air rifle, this is until I get the real thing as soon I get my license, then I will buy different types on guns and amunition. There is also a 10" survival knife.

2)Tools: small hammer, pliers, screwdrivers, wrench, mini gas torch, LED flashlights different types of batteries, matches, bicycle locks with keys (to close gates or lock things) Flexible solar charger to charge the batteries. (2) Binoculars.

3)Communication: I have (4) IDEN Cellulars programmed to be used as a off-network walkie takies with private communication between the radios so no one can hear or know where I am (they dont need cellular service to work and range is about 2-3 miles). I also have an scanner to see whats happening around me or if anyone is still alive in my area you never know. I will be getting a HAM RADIO hacked to transmit in different frequencies. I'm also getting a portable CB radio. I also have (3) portable GPS for the just in case the satellites still work by then.

4)First Aid kit: Bandages, Alcohol swaps, hand cleaner. (I still need to get more items)

I still have a long list for items to buy (gas mask, water filters, hand crank chargers etc etc)

img266.imageshack.us...

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by cdesigns

Save your money and stop buying junk you will probably never use.

Go out and spend your money on stuff that you will enjoy now with your spouse.

Forget the Doomsday scenario.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by cdesigns
I dont know if something is going to happen but I'm startinf to be prepare, it could be a Nuclear war , earthquakes, alien invasion whatever it's here is my starting survival kit.

Good start but here are a few more basic survival tips you may want to know if you want to be prepared for 'anything'.

You need a few hand held mirrors to signal communicate if there is a major EMP burst from a solar flare. The walkies and ham wont work then.
You need to learn morse code.
You need to learn to be an expert survivalist in the woods, how to find food, make shelter traps for catching food, traps to protect you from predators. You need to learn and identify plants that you can use for medicine.
You need to learn how to find shelter deep in the earth in case of a global holocaust on the surface that leaves the surface uninhabitable.
You need to learn to capture fresh water in any environment you are in.
You need to learn to eat bugs and people in environments where there is no animals. (yes, people if they make the difference between life and death.. preferably after they died on their own)
You need to learn to make fire and cook in any environment.
You need to bring and make clothing out of anything in case the surface is plunged into a sudden ice age.
You need to make shelter in the ice.
You need to learn mountain climbing skills.
You need to know how with just natural earth resources (no electronics) to detect and protect yourself from harmful radiation.

That' just the basics. I do not know if it's possible to learn all that in one and a half years but you can try.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix

You need a few hand held mirrors to signal communicate if there is a major EMP burst from a solar flare. The walkies and ham wont work then.
You need to learn morse code.
You need to learn to be an expert survivalist in the woods, how to find food, make shelter traps for catching food, traps to protect you from predators. You need to learn and identify plants that you can use for medicine.
You need to learn how to find shelter deep in the earth in case of a global holocaust on the surface that leaves the surface uninhabitable.
You need to learn to capture fresh water in any environment you are in.
You need to learn to eat bugs and people in environments where there is no animals. (yes, people if they make the difference between life and death.. preferably after they died on their own)
You need to learn to make fire and cook in any environment.
You need to bring and make clothing out of anything in case the surface is plunged into a sudden ice age.
You need to make shelter in the ice.
You need to learn mountain climbing skills.
You need to know how with just natural earth resources (no electronics) to detect and protect yourself from harmful radiation.

Best case scenario: You lose two years of your life and lots of cash
Worst case scenario: You get nuked and don't survive (and you lose two years of your life that you could have spent enjoying with your family)

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 01:46 AM
link   
n) Brains?

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by L0veBuZz.mRh

Best case scenario: You lose two years of your life and lots of cash
Worst case scenario: You get nuked and don't survive (and you lose two years of your life that you could have spent enjoying with your family)

I agree.

That's why I personally am going to sit on my front porch drinking beer and laughing at all the people running around panicking for nothing.

I thought I gave the OP a pretty impossible list of things to learn in the short time. But he did say he wanted to be prepared for anything....

[edit on 28-7-2010 by JohnPhoenix]

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 02:31 AM
link   
I have class a motorhome rv to live if anything happens. I am in the work on buying a cave in ohio it is selling for $90,000.I have more then 1 year of food

Mod edit: Caps removed. Please see The use of All Caps Thank you - Jak

[edit on 28/7/10 by JAK]

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 02:50 AM
link   
reply to post by maya12232012

You have 90,000 dollars on hand....
and you're going to use it to buy....

...a cave

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 03:08 AM
link   
What you dont have gold buy i made 10,000 last real gold bars go to infowars alex jones told to buy gold fives ago i made $125,000 in five year i only had 10,000 at first funny no i be getting ready the wost to come funny but i will be safe and you will be in a slaves camps thats funny

Mod edit: Caps removed. Please see The use of All Caps Thank you - Jak

[edit on 28/7/10 by JAK]

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Wow, okay then.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 03:21 AM
link   
Its cool i am just try to help on things to do if nothing happens i gru ss i have cool cave to live i am just getting ready if snip] go down

Mod edit: Caps removed. Please see The use of All Caps Censor circumnavigation. Please see ABOUT ATS: Vulgarity and The Automatic ATS Censors. Thank you - Jak

[edit on 28/7/10 by JAK]

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Some people buy insurance (wasting money? really?), some people didn't (saving money? really?) , that is personal choice, a choice that should already done before you reply to this thread!

Moreover, I believed that even after situation-x, there will still be some tools & some buildings in every cities, so, we city-grownup would not need to learn most of the "woods survival skills". Especially, if u think most of the buildings cannot stand in a sit-x , why do you think trees can? If u think most of the human cannot survival, why do you think animals in woods can? IMO, people who only know "woods survival skills" will die quicker that people who know "city survival skills".

BTW, one thing would like to ask the OP -- what kind of "scanner" do u mean can "know someone nearby"? (with details pls)

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 06:34 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 06:39 AM
link   
alex jones i have to say he is a god kiss his ass if he does t key he war on big bother he trying do war is anther

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 06:48 AM
link   

are you going to sell some space in your cave? you could be a post- apocalyptic trader and become someone like the "big guys" you hate so much

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 07:03 AM
link   
post removed for serious violation of ATS Terms & Conditions

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Hi all! Did anyone see "The Road" movie? That was a dismal grim view of life ten years after an asteriod hitting the planet. People were eating people. I think that they should have built green houses from the remaining glass, built generators, and used artificial lighting to grow food.
People who have integrity and work together do well in life. This is the difeerence between good life and hell.
Save seeds, for yourself and others. Can vegtable oil can be used for gasoline from kitchen grease? Get your kids shoes for the future, underwear, sleeping bags, antibiotics will be the new gold. I think the aimless wandering is dangerous to survival. Being with other people might be a good thing, each person has a daily survival chore for the group. Then going nuts would not happen as much. When things are grim, remember this too shall pass and change. Focus on positive ideas.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Since I saw madmax movie, eli, the road, 2012 and similar movies, I have been woried if something similar hapens and how to take care of my family, I have been doing camping with my family since I was 6 years old, from sleeping in the floor to sleeping in a RV, I know some basic sfuff.

Right now North Korea is trigger happy about using nuclear bombs, the world can change very quickly in a matter of days if a war with north korea is made, US have nuclear bombs too it will be a mess.

Right now we can face a deadly virus, have you seen Im Legend? They might be only movies but we are not that far from reality and what could happend in matter of days.

If

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I am surprised to not see beer and wine making equipment as a must for the survivalist out there.

If people want to see a good show I'd recommend the one where the people were living in a bomb shelter in a dismal world for years and years. They were safe inside, but lived a miserable life where they were doing nothing at all. Occasionally they'd stick their heads outside to see that the world was completely black and destroyed. At the end of the movie you see thousands of people visiting a giant dome and it says that the local disaster has been permanently sealed inside the dome. It was a tourist attraction showing that the failure of a nuke plant was contained. No one on the outside knew that there were people inside the dome in the bomb shelter.

Great storyline.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by cdesigns

If it will help, here is my 2012 backpack survival kit, which I've just finished working on (I'll be buying the stuff soon):

- 5x 35cm Light Sticks
- 5x 25cm Light Sticks
- 10x 4,5cm Light Sticks
- 1x Lighter
- 1x Matchbook of Extra-long matches
- 1x Matchbook of Storm matches
- 1x Matchbook of Safety matches
- 1x Satellite phone
- 1x Mobile phone
- 1x Night-Vision Binoculars
- 1x Locker
- 1x Small mirror
- 1x Machete
- 1x Hunting knife
- 1x Swiss Army Knife
- 1x Gun (of your choosing) with Ammunition
- 1x Signal rocket (flare)
- Aspirin C
- Ibuprofen
- Hydrogen Peroxide
- Echinacea Purpurea
- Colloidal Silver
- Vitamins A, B, C, D
- Bandages
- Seeds (vegetables/fruits)
- Water
- Instant food
- 5x 32GB Memory Cards with important computer data (texts, pictures, audio, video)

I hope this will help you. I personally will be safe. If I stay on Earth, I'll survive. If I leave Earth, I'll survive. In any case, I'll make it. I hope you will too. Good luck.

new topics

<<   2 >>

join