It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My unexplainable event

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Last summer my two cousins and I went to a san francisco museum where there was a maze where it's pitch black and you have to use your senses to get through it. The guy working there was a very distinct individual, the type of guy that you can't relate looks to. He was skinny and had this beard and moustache where it curled a certain way. A few months later my first year of college( I goto college 4 hours away from san fran) I saw the same guy! The same body-build, the same hair, and not to forget that SAME EXACT beard..it was the same guy! I knew it! So I stopped him and asked if he had ever worked at the museum in san francisco and he said he has never. I told him at this museum a guy that looked exactly like you worked there, do you have a twin? He said no, must be another guy. The only valid explaination I can think of is he's the dude at the museum and hes messing with my head. There is no doubt in my mind this was the same guy. Thoughts?

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Maybe it was the same guy and he just felt that it was none of your business?

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 11:12 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 11:14 PM
link   
[Thoughts?]

Ya. It wasn't the same guy, just someone who looked like him.
It's been known to happen, once or twice...

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Maybe you encountered a doppellganger! (sp?)
I don't have a concrete theory either way but it's been known to happen...
Very odd.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Must be something about San Fransisco...

In 2005, my girlfriend and I went out there for vacation, we are from North Carolina which is 3000 miles away. We were driving in the downtown area, near Chinatown, and there was a guy walking down the street who looked exactly like me. Same height, age, weight, hair color, facial hair style, hair length, body type, etc. Even mannerisms like his walking style and style of dress was like me. I honestly mean Everything was the same. My girlfriend was looking at a map and she didn't see him so we circled the block. When we got back to the street he was walking down, she saw him and freaked out, couldn't believe what she was seeing. She had never heard the term doppleganger and didn't know such things existed (she was only 20 at the time, I was 27). She suggested we try and get a picture of him and I so we circled again, found a parking space about half a block away from him (with him walking towards us) and got out of the car. He turned on a side street and we lost visual contact with him, couldn't ever find him again. Before this happened I didn't believe that dopplegangers existed, but now I firmly believe that this guy was my doppleganger.

Sorry OP that this doesn't answer your question, but the thread reminded me of that event.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Thyhorrorcosmic

I'll go along with the idea that the guy you saw was just someone else.

It happens.

I've been mistaken a couple times by folks who thought I was someone they saw somewhere else that I have never been. I just respond with, "Nope, I'm not that guy and when you see him next, give him my condolences for looking so hideous."

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 09:18 AM
link   
If you think about the universe, the sheer size of it. Infininty. And that all of the matter in the universe originated from a single point. Everything in the universe exists somewhere else. Human diversity isn't great enough where 2 parents could produce an offspring similar to another. We are all related, it may be at the point of mitochondrial eve but we are related. Check this out.

www.francoisbrunelle.com...

Nothing paranormal at all.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 10:09 AM
link   
If it really was your doppleganger, you better hope he didn't see you. It upsets the balance and nothing good ever comes from it.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I liked your story Nikolam. I guess this was just a look alike. And to the person who said it isn't my business. Do me a favor and take a hike. It's not like I was asking him for his social security number or how much he makes a year, I was simply wondering if he used to work at that museum I saw him at..small talk..no big deal.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 01:37 AM
link   
My Pap (grandfather) died back when I was in fifth grade and I was super devastated when my family lost him. Several years later (after I graduated high school) I was driving through town and stopped at a stop light. From the other road pulled out (going the opposite direction as me, so I got a good look at him) a guy driving the exact same kind of car my Pap had, AND looked so much like him I got goosebumps and had them on and off for the next day. It's crazy when it happens...but it does...ugh. Also, have you ever gone up to someone from behind in a store of any sort and thought they were someone you knew because they looked just like them (from behind)? I mean, it's a lot easier when it happens from behind, but I imagine when their faces match identically it's a lot rarer - it's pretty much the same thing, though.

It's kind of freaky when it happens.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   
I vote for coincidence too.

I don't have a source available, but I remember reading a book/article on memory one time. It said that we don't really memorize a persons face. Rather, we remember parts of a face and, if they match, assume it's the same person or infer the rest.

For example, when you think of your mothers face, you remember an eyebrow or the shape of her mouth. So, when you see someone who has a similar mouth shape or eyebrows you might say to yourself, "Gee... She reminds me of my mom".

While you're probably unlikely to confuse a stranger with your own mother, you might confuse a stranger with a person that you only met once.

I used to get told that I looked like Toby Macguire(or however it's spelled) all the time. There might be a passing resemblance, but I'm not his twin.

Most of the paranormal things I just attribute to the freaky way your brain works. They're still cool story's though. They give me the "willies".

[edit on 29-7-2010 by Mayson]

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrJay1975
If you think about the universe, the sheer size of it. Infininty. And that all of the matter in the universe originated from a single point. Everything in the universe exists somewhere else. Human diversity isn't great enough where 2 parents could produce an offspring similar to another. We are all related, it may be at the point of mitochondrial eve but we are related. Check this out.

www.francoisbrunelle.com...

Nothing paranormal at all.

Some of those people look nothing alike! I mean, look really closely at them and a lot of them look completely different, or just like relatives. Interesting site, though.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Another odd thing, did anyone hear of Rodney Alcala?

He is a convicted rapist and serial killer. Anyhow, this year police found over 100 pictures in a locker he rented. Since they know he lured victims by offering to take their pictures, they are asking the public to identify these pics and see if any of them are missing people. I was browsing through them and saw one that looked exactly like my mother when she was younger! Just a different hair color. But when I saw the year they were taken, I realized she would be too young to be in the picture (although she did live in the right area)...It gave me chills. Its the one of the girl in the park with dark hair and a pink sweater on. I even emailed the picture to her and all she said was "Damn...that looks just like me."

Here are the pictures. Warning: some of the pictures have topless women.

100 plus photos found in serial killers locker

new topics

top topics

join