It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hello from Pennsylvania

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Hi everyone. I'm a college student from Pennsylvania and have finally joined ATS after many years of lurking. Growing up I always had a fascination with the paranormal, especially UFOs. This interest in the magical parts of life led me to many passions including astronomy, lucid dreaming, and amateur radio.

I was raised in a Christian family and tended to believe in things pretty easily. At age 18, after having gotten away from religion during my high school years, I realized that thinking logically and being a skeptic and an atheist were the mindsets that best suited me. Having lived both ways, I can sympathize with multiple sides in debates and I hope that I can bring that out in my discussions on this site.

My name is a reference to the "shattered visage" in Percy Bysshe Shelley's sonnet "Ozymandias" and serves as a reminder that even the mighty have been reduced to rubble.

I'm happy to finally be part of the ATS family and I look forward to much learning and sharing.

~TPV

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Well met! Where in PA are you?

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by MotherofBlessings

Nice to be greeted immediately by a fellow Pennsylvanian!

I'm in the north central part of the state. I see you're in Dutch Country so I'm a few counties north of you.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Yes welcome their seems to be a lot of us here.

Best wishes on your continued efforts.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by ThousandPoundVisage

I realized that thinking logically and being a skeptic and an atheist were the mindsets that best suited me

Sometimes, the most popular labels are NOT what is best...but - trial and error prevail around these neck o' the woods, and hopefully you take that into consideration...

You should find this place quite the oxymoron - so enjoy.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by ISHAMAGI

Thanks for the welcome!

I like the atmosphere quote in your sig. I'm a big fan of the Rhymesayers label myself.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by facelift

Point well taken facelift.

I used those labels to just get across the essence of what I believe. I frequent many of the atheist groups on Facebook and I surely do not want to be grouped in with some of the people who identify as atheist and "freethinker".

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Nice to see another Pensyltuckian on the boards.

So tell me; which team do you root for, the Eagles (choking birds) or the six time world champions, the Pittsburgh Steelers?

I don't sound biased do I?

GO STEELERS!

[edit on 7/27/10 by FortAnthem]

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

I don't sound biased do I?

Only when you post on this forum buddy..!

I love you Fort..!

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   
i live in the poconos- loathe the beagles don't mind the steelers but my fave tean is tb bucs. and i am an atheist/agnostic also for the record

[edit on 27-7-2010 by bigfoot1212]

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 10:46 PM
link   

I'm not a die-hard sports fan but I have relatives out in the western part of the state and my family always roots for the Steelers so I'm going to have to agree with you!

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Hey! Pennsylvania's cool. Pretty smart to sign up here. Ya know what else? You lucked out and got the tip of the day.
That is at ATS We don't just do the conspiracy thing. We don't only do the paranormal thing.We also do the, dig up the truth thing. So remember to always speak the truth as you know it. And don't be shy. Above all
Speak.

Welcome to ATS.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 10:52 PM
link   
forgot to say welcome to ats. don't want to derail the thread but if ever come out here you will see just much beagles fans are aholes

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThousandPoundVisage

I'm not a die-hard sports fan but I have relatives out in the western part of the state and my family always roots for the Steelers so I'm going to have to agree with you!

Yeah, you better agree with me, you don't want me to have to git rough with ya.

Edit to add: I'm a Pittsburgh native who was transplanted to beagleville a while back. It's funny to watch these folks get all riled up during playoff time only to watch their teams choke every time.

The Fliers are especially disgusting IMO.

[edit on 7/27/10 by FortAnthem]

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Thanks for the welcomes randy and bigfoot! Much appreciated.

Haha Fort. When I was younger I became a Jacksonville fan to be different from my family. When I realized that they would never win anything I stopped caring too much but now I root for the Steelers since they tend to actually be decent some years.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS! I hope you enjoy your time here! If you like ET's make sure to read some of Jkrog08's case studies!

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Jess_Undefined

Thanks for the welcome Jess!

I'll definitely check out those case studies.

link   
Hi ThousandPoundVisage. Welcome to ATS from another Pennsylvanian and long time lurker.

link   

yeah about as unruly as soccer fans-remember how the were throwing the ice balls? when tb beat them in the championship i was wearing my tb jersey in the bar and i got 3/4 of the people and even the band to cheer for them lol
now their "saviuor" mcnabb is gone so will be an interesting season
and ps i like how you picked up on the beagles thing.
phill is a dirty nasty crime ridden place and i avoid it at all costs

[edit on 27-7-2010 by bigfoot1212]

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Three_moons

Thanks Three_moons!

I never expected there to be so many Pennsylvanians on here.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join