It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If the Revolution happened tomorrow

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint

Originally posted by Common Good
Unlike the puppet we have up there now, hes too well versed in lying.

ain't that the damn truth !!!
I think politicians stand in front of
the mirror every night and practice
that crap. With repetition, it becomes
2nd nature to them just like picking
up a spoonful of lima beans. After while
it means nothing to them.

And I will have to commend you posters,
there are some great answers on here.

haha you just put a mental Image in my head of Obama standing in front of the mirror with a lipstick Halo drawn on the mirror right above his head while preaching at himself talking about how he is all knowing and that everyone else can just lick his butt. "You are fools, I am great" "You are fools, I am great".

sad thing is though, people actually buy into it.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 06:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Common Good

oh great
now you put that image in my head
like I really wanted it in there.

thanks for nuttin !!!

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

Hah!!!

Anytime!

I think if revolution were to happen, I would ask Obama to be on my side, Just for comic relief.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Common Good

Obama for comic relief ???
naaahhhhhh !!!

Got plenty of reruns of The Little Rascals
and 3 Stooges for that

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

true. I dont know what I was thinking.
I give the guy a chance and it backfires on me.
I should have known better.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   
If the Revolution happened tomarow.........?

I would probabilly move me and my family to my land in Montana, along with all of our firearms and weapons, and just live off the land while all of the idiots killed themselves, then we would probabilly install a fence around my property and declare it the Republic of Chewie. (My own Country)

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Hi Boondock Saint, As promised, I added my post to this thread as well. I read both titles, and I clicked on the other thread. I didn't want to read another thread about the upcoming revolution and speculation and posturing and tough talk. Now that you linked to yours, and I read your OP, I see that it is a pretty good discussion. I'll post in both!

I'm POTUS tonight, first thing tomorrow:
1. Demand a review of all "mandatory sentencing" crimes. I would start getting people out of prisons if they are not a danger to society. Prisons should only be used to protect society, not to provide a "punishment" mechanism.

2. Begin a thorough audit of the current budgeted items and other expense pay outs of the Federal Government. Bring in help from successful private industries that have turned around bad business plans. Appoint a team to give the fine-tooth comb to each Federal Agency and start cutting expenses drastically!

3. Propose a constitutional amendment explicitly outlawing certain taxes, such as property tax, estate tax, etc. In a "free" country, we should have clear property rights and inheritance rights, and we should not have to fear losing those things we worked our whole life to attain!

4. Seek an audience at the UN, and a WorldWide press conference. I would declare the US undying commitment to bringing "inalienable rights" to all the residents of the world. I would extend all the protection of our Constitution to our foreign combatants and prisoners of war. I would guarantee human rights to all people impacted directly or indirectly by the actions of the US, and I would guarantee that if we are going to use our military might on High Moral ground, then we would also extend that morality to all of our actions.********In the same speech, I would declare (much like the Romans) that crimes against the US or its citizens in any part of the world, would be met with overwhelming retaliation! We would do away with "Proportional Response" and go with "Bring The Pain-Retribution" if we are attacked in any way whatsoever!! We vow to use our military might and high moral ground for the good of the world, but do not try us! Do not poke and prod the gentle bear!

I'll add more later.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

That all sounds good except for #1.

The poor souls that were put into prison for victimless crimes and weren't a danger to society will have been changed so drastically by the prison system that they are now a definite danger to society and everyone they come into contact with. My friends that spent time in the joint for simple possession; now released are definitely not the same people that went in. Now Very violent and looking for revenge.

It's a brave new world. Welcome to the monkey house.

[edit on 3-8-2010 by whaaa]

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

I like GetReadyAlready's response. I even like #1. Those people you say have changed, I agree probably have, but everyone deserves a chance that under our current laws they didn't really get. Punishment is ridiculous, prison is supposed to be to protect society and while we are at it, what happened to the exile laws?

Those people who have changed will have to realize they now have another chance and there is no need for retribution. If they don't then they will be locked up with no chance of removal from that day forward.

I would add one more thing though. It may sound callous and I would feel bad for the poor guys this happened to, but I think it makes sense.

NO MORE LIFE SENTENCES! If someone has the chance for rehabilitation then do it. I am not the same person I was 5 and definitely not 10 years ago, let alone 20! Long sentences don't make sense and if we think some criminal is beyond rehabilitation and has exhausted all appeals then let us execute them and be done with it. No need to burden the system any longer. Oh yeah, and no more 20 year stays on death row. If you don't have appeals left then execute the following morning.

Rehabilitate or execute but make prison have some purpose.

Edit: Also I love your Rome analogy. This country was modeled after Rome and we even declared war on Great Britain for attacking our ships in the 19th century. We need to get back the "Don't Screw With Us" mentality while maintaining the, "We'll help you in any way we can". SPEAK SOFTLY AND CARRY A BIG STICK!

[edit on 3-8-2010 by memarf1]

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   
The revolution aint happening tomorrow its happening right now. You go to school and learn about the american revolution in a month. In reality it took years of events to lead up to victory.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join