It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If the Revolution happened tomorrow

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by 12GaugePermissionSlip
If I was in charge, I would
legalize marijuana and prostitution,

question:
would there be taxation on the prostitution ???

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by links234

wow, why so literal??
It was a hypothetical question.
I don't assume anything

But I do have a question for you.
Why do you like the current system
so much???

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by PhoenixDemon
If the two subjects above are addressed with success then I would say lets focus on installing a government based strictly on the U.S. Constitution. We can work out the details as we go from there...

How would you install a government
based strictly on the US Constitution?
How would you go about it ???

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by ISHAMAGI
Lets just throw out some no mores.
No more 47% military budget.
No more alphabet agencies.
No more ineffective understaffed regulatory agencies.
No more electoral college or indirect representation.
No more prison for non-violent offenders.
No more imperialism or forced subjugation to any political ideology.
No more lobbyists.
No more monopolies.

those are some great ideas
and I'm with ya on every single one

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Eliminate the IRS and go to a flat tax.
Eliminate most of the Federal Laws on the books, and allow the states more authority.
Secure the borders.
Drop every violent offender in the US prison population in Afghanistan and tell em the 1st one to get Osama gets a pardon and 100k.
Remove spanish from all government documents.
Kick the UN out of NY.
Return to the Gold standard.
Invade Mexico. They've been invading the US for years. Might as well be a state.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
wow, some varying viewpoints in there.
While most stayed within the parameters
I wasn't expecting some of those
responses. And I meant to say if you
were in charge or had a say in this
new Revolution and had already taken
care of your family. What i was talking
about was what changes in the system
would you make after all the minor stuff
had been taken care of.

In that case I would bring together the heads of state and design a system where all action is taken based on the most needy. The least needy would have least say in the process of managing the state.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Yep, you pretty much nailed it. Most people have no idea what they would really do. People have this simplistic "if i do this everything gets fixed" viewpoint. If you do one thing, another will occur and you will have to deal with it. I seriously doubt most Americans are ready to unleash the worms inside the revolution can.

I figure there will probably be a few factions at play. Hopefully the hard right-wing fundie faction won't be the one that comes out on top. We'd end up in a theocracy.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 03:16 AM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

Because I made the mistake of assuming...

My revolution would not be the same as yours. I assure you.

I would hope for a worldwide revolution, abolish borders, , abolish currency and institute international democractic republics based on existing borders. United States of Earth...or something. Stop working as individuals, start working as a societal species.

Not really a polished idea, but something I'd like to see. Scary, I know.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by links234
Because I made the mistake of assuming...
My revolution would not be the same as yours. I assure you.
I would hope for a worldwide revolution, abolish borders, , abolish currency and institute international democractic republics based on existing borders. United States of Earth...or something. Stop working as individuals, start working as a societal species.
Not really a polished idea, but something I'd like to see. Scary, I know.

I'm so glad you brought this border thing up
and the world revolution.

I do agree that revolution should be a world wide event
but I don't believe one group or agency or one ruler
should have the entire world under their finger.

it is only human nature that we are all different
in culture. However, the one thing that has infiltrated
ALL nations is the EVIL CORRUPTION within power.
Once uprooted, the masses would be content with
governing themselves.

Let the kurds rule themselves
let the palestinians rule themselves
etc .....

if we all come under one ruler
then we loose the vary aspects of what
makes each of us unique.

Therefore, a better world revolution
would be for each nation to have it's own
sub-revolution by the people who will be
living in that area afterward. There is too much
diversity in us as a whole for all of us to be happy.
Plus, under 1 ruler. Everything would start to look
the same. Go to New Delhi and it looks like Dubai.
Go to New Orleans and it looks like Amsterdam.
You see my point.

Therefore the world revolution is a mixture
of each nation fixing their own problems
from within, not from an invader or an occupier.
Let the inhabitants of that country decide
how they want to be ruled. And that includes
a Palestinian state. However, it may not include
parts of Jerusalem. But a real state none
the less. A place to call home free from foreign
rule. Everybody worships as they see fit or
not worships at all. It's their choice as long
as others in that country get the same respect.

Oh my,
I'm living in a dream world

A world utopia without being controlled
by international banks. REAL WORLD FREEDOM !!!
sorry I got carried away

Maybe I should have started that post with:

"I have a dream!!!"

lol

[edit on 29-7-2010 by boondock-saint]

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 06:05 AM
link   
Cut off cable and satellite TV and the internet and take out the cell towers so more people would come out and play? Kidding...sort of.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Based on your premise and answer, I suppose that not only did the revolution begin...but that you and those that support you won.

So, if the revolution began and had been won...I would do as many of you have suggested...Constitutional Law, States Rights of self governance, but within a loose Confederation. Flat tax....

Heck, many of you would even be on my Cabinet and Advisors List....lol. Lots of good ideas here.

Would reassess our overseas commitments, alliances, and establish a definitive "friends list" of allies.

Set a concrete doctrine of goals and ideology concerning our defense and interests so that our enemies would have no dought as to what we stood for and what the consequences of opposing us would be... that's right... speak firmly and softly and carry a big ass stick.

And I would start building statues of John Wayne and Clint Eastwood, and everyone would have to go to baseball games and eat hotdogs and apple pie, love their moms, close all the stores on Sunday, and everyone would have to study the Andy Griffith Show in school, have an American flag on their front porch, have a garden, uhmmm...let's see. And G I Joes would be 12 inches again. Yup...that's what I want. Oh, and Cokes would come in glass bottles..the little 6oz green glass ones.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Boondock.
This is great.

So far... I like endisnighes' plan, thats one smart dude

Ok my turn.(It wont be as good but Ima try)

( I dont need to say that the very first thing I would do is make sure my family was protected)so lets get that out of the way. I would make sure that I protected my families lives/property/ and those who are in need of my help. I am not afraid to protect what is mine, I WILL NOT leave, its all that I have.

Ok..(now onto the political side)if you dont mind.

FIRST- I would hold a television conference- ON ALL STATIONS. Any programming would be put on hault(including radio and other emergency services to make way for the announcement) I would then get BOONDOCK SAINT/CHUCK NORRIS on the podium to speak to the people to let them know that if there was ANY sign of violence in the streets, that those people would be at the mercy of our Military/Police forces/ state militias who would use any means neccessary to keep the violence to a hault. Those who violate this request, would be locked up until we are able to bring this nation back on its feet(depending on the seriousness of the crime). Some sort of order must be sustained. Anarchy will not be tolerated. Those that have the means to protect themselves(guns,knives,forks), must do so only if being engaged. ALL CRIMES will be punishable to the fullest extent. Martial Law would then be initiated(until we have order, thenwe go back to Constitutional law). State Governers would be in charge of their own states responsibility to maintain order.

(Food services will then be placed in each city to make sure the people are fed, and to also make sure people arent out there killing each other over food)[Have to figure out a way to make that work before anything].

Before we do ANY work on our government, we would first have to storm Capital Hill. We would have to REMOVE ALL government officials(without violence). We would strip ALL FEDERAL POLITICAL AUTHORITY besides those services required to maintain civil obedience. Military would be on FULL ALERT. Military members would return to their HOME STATE for Civil services.

Once we get order(However long that takes).

The NEXT thing I would do, is end Political Parties.
no more Republican/Democrat.

Presidents/Appointees would be enrolled based on INDIVIDUAL count.
That is the ONLY way. (However it needs to be done).

After that, I would CLEANSE Congress. I would strip them of their powers to declare war, war would be directed only at the sole purpose of defensive strategy. We will NO LONGER start wars with other countries, we would bring ALL of our troops back home, and give them all jobs protecting OUR LAND from outside/inside forces(for the time being).

ALL laws, would be dictated BY THE PEOPLE by vote. There will no longer be secret bills hidden in other bills that are hidden behind those bills.
ALL BILLS, will HAVE to be approved BY THE PEOPLE.

I would also get rid of ANY and ALL racial catering. EVERYONE would be on even playing ground(Yes, that includes the Native American reservations unless they refuse, then we will honor that).ALL people, will be equal, no special treatment.

Since we have more houses in this nation than we do families, I would make sure EVERY FAMILY gets a home, no questions asked.
Whatever home you are living in now, consider it yours, and for those whom dont have homes, one will be provided for you.

I would also start a new currency system USED ONLY by Americans.
We would round up ANY and ALL resources we have and get an accountability of what our nation still possesess. Our monetary Value will be placed on those resources and goods. We would have to wipe ALL CREDIT clean, and let the people of this nation start off on EQUAL footing.

Then we go from there... ( I dont want to make this too long).

Now I know this is far from perfect, so dont flame me too hard.

Im sure MANY changes would have to be adopted to this plan.

Edit-

[edit on 29-7-2010 by Common Good]

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 07:33 AM
link   
If the revolution happened tomorrow, I would firstly be like 'hey, um, isn't this a little too soon, didn't you plan this?' 'what, tanks....wah, what tanks and - and what's that, guns??!! Seriously just take a second to breathe and calm down you need to BE the enemy, THINK like the enemy, move in stealth. This isn't working out'

I would probably watch from a distance like everyone else whilst all these people are being arrested or shown on the news as being "terrorists".... If it came too close to my backyard then I'd like to think I'd dig a hole in it and tunnel fast. It depends how big a revolution it is, if we are talking, taking the whole sytem down entirely, everything, you have some real work to do there
, that takes some guts, considering how tight the infrastructures are.

I think it's a war of mind, a war of thought, a war of spiritual thinking and pushing parametres, and a war of technology and of the wealthy. If you have a lot of money yourself, this can come in handy a lot more than going in full force with balaclavas, white vans, and some clever gadgets which wont help you stay one step ahead whatsoever.... I haven't tried it, maybe it works. I am not going to jump into this thread though because I am not sure what line this 'revolution' you are talking about falls into.
Are we talking NWO stuff?
Or just American soil?

If it isn't the latter...... I will say again...... That takes a gutsy person who doesn't mind just dissapearing randomly. I would rather keep out of it personally, and keep my own safe. Until some miracle of an answer comes along.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
Cut off cable and satellite TV and the internet and take out the cell towers so more people would come out and play? Kidding...sort of.

well I don't have sat tv or cable
I dont have a cell phone
I dont have money
I dont own any property
I dont have a house (repossessed)
I dont have a stove
I dont have a working toilet
I dont have good health

so if the Revolution started tomorrow
the only thing I would lose
is the internet and electricity.

I feel like I'm already over half way there.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Common Good

lmao
dude !!!
u do NOT want me on a podium.
I am no good at public speaking.
Well that would def be a change
from what we had.

Some great ideas CG

thanks for sharing

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tofind151
If the revolution happened tomorrow, I would firstly be like 'hey, um, isn't this a little too soon, didn't you plan this?'

too soon ???
huh???

the first revolution started with a man
riding horseback through the country side
screaming "The British are coming!!!"
Was that planned ???

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Yea well at least I know you say what you mean and you mean what you say.

Unlike the puppet we have up there now, hes too well versed in lying.

And thanks.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 11:05 PM
link   
If there was a revolution in the United States tomorrow, I'd be crossing the boarder from Canada into the US to cover it within 24 hours of the first shot, my superiors would probably threaten my job if I didn't.

Since I am not an American however and therefor wouldn't come to power in your nation; I'd quote General Sherman and his thoughts on the American presidency here but it'd be a little long, I'll answer for the global revolution that was brought up too:

If I woke up tomorrow in charge of the world, my first and primary order of business would be to feed everyone. It's possible we make more than enough food for every person on this planet, it's a matter of lack of will that some go hungry. No one should die of something as preventable as starvation on my watch.

From there we would move on to clothing and sheltering and providing medical care to everyone as well, that's a massive undertaking but it would have to be done. The first priority would be to ensure the continued survival and lives of my constituency, in this case, humanity.

As you can tell, this would probably require massive emergency powers, probably rationing and the like, but I would think that if the completely unthinkable scenario where all of the world's governments somehow capitulate to me were to transpire, that would constitute a massive emergency.

Once everyone's basic needs were taken care of, I would embark upon an absolutely massive project of innovation and advancement. The goal of this would be to discover and enact a way to bring all of the world's people into the modern age. This would take huge strides in the hard sciences, social sciences and humanities to pull off.

We would need new sources of energy and raw materials in order to pull this off, but I believe it would be an incredibly noble goal. All of the people of the world would be needed, to pull it off but so help me, we would find a way.

It would be beautiful really, the true unity of humanity, all 7 billion of us working for one goal: the betterment of all.

It's an amazing thought, but too bad it is nothing more that a flickering dream.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Bring every classified file out of the dark and bring the human species up to date on what we can REALLY do. Them, Everyone would have work trying to recreate and learn all the knowledge that would be had from it...

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Common Good
Unlike the puppet we have up there now, hes too well versed in lying.

ain't that the damn truth !!!
I think politicians stand in front of
the mirror every night and practice
that crap. With repetition, it becomes
2nd nature to them just like picking
up a spoonful of lima beans. After while
it means nothing to them.

And I will have to commend you posters,
there are some great answers on here.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join