It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How credible do you believe Stephen Hawking is on Aliens and UFOs?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrAndy
Since I strongly doubt he has researched very much (if any) evidence in the alien and ufology field, I would say his opinion on the subject shouldn't carry much weight.

We hear the motives of alien abductions from the abductees themselves. The regular claim is that they perform scientific tests on them. Other claims have to do with breeding or cloning.

When we find a new species on Earth, the first thing we do is study it. Even if they could read a book on everything Homo-Sapiens, their medical instruments would be more precise and advanced, making first-hand examination necessary. It doesn't sound like a nice thing, but at least all of these abductees were returned alive instead of being dissected.

Imagine yourself completely unable to communicate in the natural way we do. Now...imagine someone incapable of experiencing day to day life.

Hawking is an unbelievable mind amongst us monkeys. He is what separates the capable from the self functioning droids we have become.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 01:23 AM
link   
I believe Hawking is as correct as can be. He's got a 50/50 shot at being right. Of course, we can't yet say for sure that there is anyone or anything out there besides us (on paper) to begin with anyway. My number one arguement of their existance, is us. Humanity. So in my eyes, they're out there somewhere.

But we don't even know what human nature will be like 1000 years from now, so how could we possibly know what ETs are thinking? That's assuming their civilization has been around longer. Just because a civilization has more technology doesn't always mean they're always going to be violent. However, there are those that would use technology to their advantage, and we should suspect this would be no different in this instance.

Depending on how different civilizations evolve, or how quickly they advance, one could assume they would be peaceful, otherwise (unless slavery is induced) they wouldn't have a structured enough system to create anything close to the magnatude of intersteller travel. Their creations would be based on survival reasons. However, there have been connections between Egypt and ET activity, and the Egyptians practiced slavery for quite some time.

Hawking is right about one thing though, yelling in the jungle at night could turn out to be a very bad thing. Although, I'd like to think that if "they" were going to demo the Milkyway for some reason or another, maybe our yells would let them know we're here and they would stop. It would be our luck if we missed last-call.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 01:24 AM
link   
He is about as credible as anyone with an IQ over 160 talking about the subject. Other than that he knows about as much as you and me, his speciality is theoretical astro-physics.

So yes hes smart, no he doesnt know any secrets you dont know. He believes aliens exsist because it would be stupid to think this planet is the only life planet in the entire universe.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

Personally, I think he knows his stuff when it comes to the universe and space. But extraterrestrials? He doesn't know much really. Much less than people on ATS. He's a scientist, that's how he looks at things. If he ever browsed through ATS I think his jaw would drop and he would quit.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Romantic_Rebel
After watching the first part of Into The Universe with Stephen Hawking. Stephen Hawking did touch on a very huge subject on alien abduction. Which I believe he is correct on why would aliens want to abduct some average human? I would like to get your thoughts on Stephen Hawking credibility in the Aliens, Space and UFO realm.

I take it Hawkings would agree that NOT to study a subject and from that NOT to gain experience and NOT to be able to form any real insights on the possibilities that abduction could be of an alien nature arise from NOT studying and listening to witnesses or abductees or the investigations and views of experienced people in that field of the human mind such as the late Dr John Mack.

I take it he has either dismissed or not studied the late Dr John Macks investigation's and findings that would seem to indicate that we are dealing with a very real situation arising from unknown intelligences causing very high levels of strangeness in people claiming abduction. As the late Mack once said “The alien encounter experience seems almost like an outreach program from the cosmos to the consciously impaired.

"What if the alien encounter phenomenon were subtle in the sense that it may manifest in the physical world but derives from a source which by its very nature could not provide the kind of hard evidence that would satisfy skeptics for whom reality is limited to the material? What if we were to acknowledge that the phenomenon is beyond our present framework of knowledge?"

"Might not such an attitude of humility become, paradoxically, a way to enlarge upon what could then be learned? Is it possible that adopting an open attitude toward the testimony of witnesses could enable us to learn of unseen realities now obscured by our too limited epistemology, allowing us to rediscover the sacred and the divinity in nature and in ourselves?"

- JOHN E. MACK, M.D.

www.passporttothecosmos.com...

[edit on 15/07/2010 by K-PAX-PROT]

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

"Even if I found the ultimate answer, why would I share it? Then what would there be left for anyone else to do?"
- Professor Stephen Hawking

what an arrogant little twisted man.

an accurate analogy would be:

Stephen Hawking is running a relay race, but refuses to pass on the baton ( share what he knows) to the next runner (next generation) because he has it in his head that he already won the race. he doesn't need to cross the finish line (truth), his team members do not need to break that tape, and he does not need to share what he has discovered because then what would be left for anyone else to do?

Stephen Hawking is not a team player. He is an ego with a voice box.

and how far away are we from his preferred destination when the distance between us and that destination cannot be measured in numbers, cannot be measure in numbers and letters, and cannot be measured in numbers, letters, and other symbols???

sorry Stephen,
et

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join