It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Liberalism & Conservatism are flawed.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Is it just me or does anyone else see these two political ideologies as flawed and out-dated.

Neither has worked, both are paradoxical and hypocritical.

Why do so many people identify with these two ideologies when there are so many to choose from.

100% of the politicians from both sides are both clearly people who wish to seek power over others.

Any thoughts??

PS: I also think alot of "conspiracy theories" are secretly propaganda engineered by both sides...

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Well this is what I like to call national politics. Conservatism in the U.S. Can mean something entirely different in North Korea, or anywhere else in the world. The same goes with Liberalism and other political ideologies. It has to do with the time period we're in and what country we live in.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Interesting point, do you think how people define the words in America is flawed?

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Ignorance_Defier

I doubt American Conservatism and Liberalism are 100% original.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   
What's flawed is assigning too much of your identity, energy, and self-worth to a political ideology or label or group and then following and arguing from that position at the sacrifice of cooperation, independent thought, and civil debate.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 08:41 PM
link   
I've been on both sides and I've also seen the evil, no matter how unintended it was, from both sides. They both seek power and control at the cost of your freedom. Personally I became libertarian after being dragged to it kicking and screaming that I was right and everybody else was wrong for years. Then it dawned on me one day, if I was willing to take away the freedoms from somebody else, then they have every right to try and take away mine. I don't have to like any of the choices that somebody makes, and trust me there are many I don't like, but I do have to except that they have the right to make them and they should have that right. When people wake up and realize this they will see the left/right paradigm for what it is, an everlasting battle for power and control over you.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Both are deeply flawed.

American Liberals are for the freedom for people to do as they wish in their private lives, while want to hinder the means in which they can do so. Conservatives like the idea of economic freedom, but won't let people be free in their private lives.

Liberals want people to follow their plan for the economy, and Conservatives want people to follow a certain plan for their life.

One thing Ron Paul says that I like and that is that freedom is an indivisible whole.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   

There was a thread called The LEft,The Right and the New AGe a few days ago, I posted on it . Now it is no. 404. A disappeared thread. All that effort erased.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Where did it go?

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by RRokkyy

There was a thread called The LEft,The Right and the New AGe a few days ago, I posted on it . Now it is no. 404. A disappeared thread. All that effort erased.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Where did it go?

It's Bush's fault

(Joking, sarcasm)

new topics

top topics

join