It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

estimated at 20,000 barrels or 840,000 gallons -- has made it inside Kalamazoo County river,MI

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   
this is about 20 min from me it is to sad.the gulf and in china now in michigan.

U.S. Rep. Mark Schauer, D-Mich., said he discussed the spill Tuesday with President Barack Obama at the White House. He called the spill a "public health crisis," and said he plans to hold hearings to examine the response.

sorry poor earth!!

www.woodtv.com...

www.cnn.com...#/video/us/2010/07/27/bts.mi.oil.spill.wxmi?iref=allsearch
[edit on 27-7-2010 by slayerfan]to add link

[edit on 27-7-2010 by slayerfan]

[edit on 27-7-2010 by slayerfan]

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by slayerfan

I have been saying this on each of these spill and refinery threads,..
seems very odd that all this is happening EVERYWHERE.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lil Drummerboy
reply to post by slayerfan

I have been saying this on each of these spill and refinery threads,..
seems very odd that all this is happening EVERYWHERE.

We are only paying attention now because we had a big one. It isn't that more are happening, it is that we are more aware.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Phlynx

I disagree,.. there have been refinery explosions, natural gas line eruptions and on the electrical energy distribution lines, transformer explosions (that is my field). Not a common occurrence by any stretch.
All on top of this oil thing

[edit on 27-7-2010 by Lil Drummerboy]

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 10:21 PM
link   
i really hope this does not hapen that mucth. i would really like to see it never happen again

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 11:10 PM
link   
The Oil companies need to raise the cost of petroleum products such as heating oil, gasoline, etc. In the past and I am talking last 20-30 years, did you ever notice that prices rose after an "accidental" refinery explosion? No one was ever killed much less hurt. The refinery shut down would cause prices to rise for a while. This all of course when the economy was in decent shape and demand was there.

Now we have large spills, the Gulf incident, China and now Michigan. 11 died in the Gulf accident. They are creating disasters to justify getting the retail prices up in a protracted period of economic decline. Prices at the pump are not much higher at $78 per barrel than they were at $50 per barrel. Just makes you wonder.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by vtcajun
The Oil companies need to raise the cost of petroleum products such as heating oil, gasoline, etc. In the past and I am talking last 20-30 years, did you ever notice that prices rose after an "accidental" refinery explosion? No one was ever killed much less hurt. The refinery shut down would cause prices to rise for a while. This all of course when the economy was in decent shape and demand was there.

Now we have large spills, the Gulf incident, China and now Michigan. 11 died in the Gulf accident. They are creating disasters to justify getting the retail prices up in a protracted period of economic decline. Prices at the pump are not much higher at $78 per barrel than they were at $50 per barrel. Just makes you wonder.
I am not so sure about that ,..
typically when there was an event the prices shot up almost immediately, since the Horizon failure ,. oil has not gone up at all. this seems different

[edit on 28-7-2010 by Lil Drummerboy]

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 10:50 PM
link   
this just keeps getting better.

"they're all coming to us sick, and that's scary."

The area Red Cross nursing chair said she sent two people to Oaklawn Hospital on Thursday and one to urgent care in Battle Creek.

People living near the spill have contaminated clothes, she said, and the Red Cross probably will have to throw away cots that people have used.

is this happining around the gulf? we might not relize how really bad it is for many many years to come buy cancer rates and so on.

www.woodtv.com...

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 03:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Lil Drummerboy

With the transformer explosions, how much of that is due to the bad economy and the difficulty in utilities getting permission to enact rate increases to offset the costs of replacing aging infrastructure and equipment?

top topics

join