It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Goldman reveals where bailout cash went

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 06:38 PM
link   

www.usatoday.com

Goldman Sachs sent $4.3 billion in federal tax money to 32 entities, including many overseas banks, hedge funds and pensions...

Goldman Sachs disclosed the list of companies to the Senate Finance Committee after a threat of subpoena from Sen. Chuck Grassley, R-Ia....

Grassley said he was reserving judgment on the appropriateness of U.S. taxpayer money ending up overseas until he learns more about the 32 entities.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Looks like everyone's favorite bank is back in the news. I bet they are sorry attention to the BP gulf disasater is waining... took some of the heat off them for awhile as one of the world's most hated companies.

I'm sure the American taxpayers will be thrilled to learn how much of their bailout money has ended up overseas. Now, what was all that mumbled stuff about "what's good for Wall Street being good for Main Street?" As far as I can tell, Mainstreet USA is starting to look more and more like Beyond Thunderdome every day.

www.usatoday.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 7/27/10 by silent thunder]

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   
4.3 billion $ is about one or two percent of the bailout money.

Not that this makes it right or anything, it's still an obscene amount of money, but the vast majority of the bailout money is still unaccounted for.

Mind boggling...

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   
One fourth of the money Goldman received went to this .

As for me being a tax payer this does not make me very happy ! _javascript:icon('
')_javascript:icon('
')_javascript:icon('
')

Every time I look I see another reason we need to clean house in the government . _javascript:icon('
')

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 08:12 PM
link   
yay. I'm funding the European Union's bail out while my homeland burns.

facepalm.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by MrVertigo

Didn't Bernake come out about a year ago and when asked where the money was he said that most had been sent overseas. But refused to say where it had gone?

This come as little surprise, when you realize that money is debt and a debt had to be paid to avoid the US Gov from defaulting and being repossessed. But that is just a temporary solution. the best, we hear is yet to come.

Telegraph.co.uk

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Most of the stimulus TARP money given to banks has been used to buy TBills which finances our national debt. That means we are paying the banks to take our money. China has downgrade our credit rating and they are no longer buying our TBills.

China used to have to buy US TBills to maintain a strong Dollar because they could only import oil using Dollars according to the Petro-Dollar system set up by the British and Saudi Arabia. Now that Iran and Venezuela are selling China oil in Yuan and not Dollars, they no longer care if the Dollar is weak and are no longer interested in buying US TBills.

If China doesn't buy US TBills then instead of borrowing money to cover our national deficit, then we have to print money. If the US prints money then that devalues the currency and all the Western World that relies on the US Dollar to be the World Reserve Currency go bankrupt. The FED bought up long term TBills for the first time in many years recently.

One major reason for the Iraq war was because Saddam Hussein was selling China oil in Euros. The Petro-Dollar system is the only thing that is holding this Federal reserve/ponzi scheme up.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by silent thunder

www.usatoday.com

Goldman Sachs sent $4.3 billion in federal tax money to 32 entities, including many overseas banks, hedge funds and pensions...

Goldman Sachs disclosed the list of companies to the Senate Finance Committee after a threat of subpoena from Sen. Chuck Grassley, R-Ia....

Grassley said he was reserving judgment on the appropriateness of U.S. taxpayer money ending up overseas until he learns more about the 32 entities.
(visit the link for the full news article) OH GEE, IS THAT THE 13 MENBERS OF THE ELITES?

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Overseas. Wow. Betcha most of the billions in bonuses wound up overseas too. And anyone who squeaks it told they're an idiot.

So when are the idiots in DC going to realize they're being used to perpetrate the biggest white collar crimes in world history?

And what are we going to do about it?

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
Overseas. Wow. Betcha most of the billions in bonuses wound up overseas too. And anyone who squeaks it told they're an idiot.

So when are the idiots in DC going to realize they're being used to perpetrate the biggest white collar crimes in world history?

And what are we going to do about it?
hmmmm, need i say more.

top topics

join