It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive winter heading for the northern hemisphere ?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   
I saw this article on the internet. Looks interresting. So what happened to the global warming ?

The winters of the past two years have been noticeably colder. The northern hemisphere in particular has experienced record cold, record snow and a rebuilding of the Arctic sea ice extent. The southern hemisphere this winter has also seen record low temperatures in South America which is resulting in many hundreds of deaths (human and livestock).

There are a number of players involved which can be attributed to this cooling trend and when they come together they are capable of dropping the world's temperatures by a significant amount.

Source: Landscheidt.info

www.globalresearch.ca...

Mod Edit: No Quote/Plagiarism – Please Review This Link.

Mod Edit: New External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

Link corrected.

[edit on 27/7/2010 by ArMaP]

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   
i have no evedence other than a gut feeling but i think were gonna have one hell of a winter here in the uk. colder than last year i had that feeling last summer (if you could call it that) and we had a pretty harsh winter. the thing with the uk is we get a couple of flakes of snow and the whole country comes to a stand still. put me on record as saying this may be a winter to remember.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Well we're used to the snow where I am, we get our fair share for sure. If the precipitation keeps up, we're going to have 12 feet of the stuff. Not kidding.
It hasn't stopped raining since the last snow melted. Sun most days, but along with the sun, a thunder shower almost every day. That's not normal for where I am. On some days, I am still wearing a light jacket, and around the rest of the world is a heat wave!

Winter is going to feel longer and colder than usual, this year, I think.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   
From record heat to record cold in the same year? I wonder what Al Gore and the rest of his sad caravan has to say about that!

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by danielhanson420
i have no evedence other than a gut feeling but i think were gonna have one hell of a winter here in the uk. colder than last year i had that feeling last summer (if you could call it that) and we had a pretty harsh winter. the thing with the uk is we get a couple of flakes of snow and the whole country comes to a stand still. put me on record as saying this may be a winter to remember.

Do you know what I really hoe you're wrong but agree. Winter 08-09 was RIDICULOUS, but back then I was living inland nr the pennines. But 09-10 I was by the coast, and obviously the salt in the air, salt doesn't normally stick... I didn't think it was possible to have a worse winter but the current trends point that way for this year....

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Winter 2008 - 2009 we started getting light flurries in September. This past winter, we didn't get snow until late December, But we had a lot of rain. I'm really hoping for a drier fall so I can get some yard work finished before the first snow. I'd at least like to get the leaves raked to the curb before first snow.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   
From what I've heard, the end result of global warming would be a new ice age, viv a vis "The Day After Tomorrow". On a different note, I live in Michigan, and one never really gets used to the winters. I'm expecting a bitter one this year, as last years' wasn't all that bad, relatively speaking.

Phil Conner: “I’ll give you a winter prediction: It’s gonna be cold, it’s gonna be grey, and it’s gonna last you for the rest of your life.”

(yeah, like the groundhog Phil...)

edit: Oh, by the way...

Mega-Flood Triggered Cooling 13,000 Years Ago
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 7/27/2010 by this_is_who_we_are]

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by rufusthestuntbum

I live on the coast but it was still pretty hellish at least we got the summer for a change. hopefully it's a return to proper seasons you know sunny in the summer. white in the winter. you don't mind a cold winter if you get some decent sun in the summer and by that i don't mean the usual two weeks in august followed by more rain. p.s I'm loving the bum fights avatar its like looking into my future

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 03:44 AM
link   

From what I've heard, the end result of global warming would be a new ice age, viv a vis "The Day After Tomorrow".

I think you may be right. We are going to get some hard times ahead..

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 03:48 AM
link   
O yes and of topic... sorry for the mistakes on the quote and sources, but this was my first topic.... :-)

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 04:11 AM
link   
reply to post by css1981

Here is a great article talking about the harsh winters and how they could be pointing to another mini ice age.

www.iceagenow.com...

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by epsilon69

Thanks for the link. And yes, it sounds plausible but also kinda strangs... Yes we might have a global warming and we are also heading to a new ice age ?

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Call me crazy but I can clearly feel a very hard winter will come end of this year. I am like crop....I just know it, but don't know why and from where, but I am always right with my weather predictions.

A long summer will end mid october, then a short cold phase will come. November is again relative warm, but in the mid of December it will be very cold (-20°c) in Europe for maybe over 5 weeks. The birds will die and fall from the trees. I also can feel a cold February and march and a very very hot summer 2011. This predictions only for Europe GE, FR, CH, AU and near countrys. It's not for Italy or Spain. They have a different climate zone.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 08:02 AM
link   
I hate heat and humidity. I actually love winter, so I'm cool with it. The longer the white stuff is on the ground, the less yard work for me.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Isn't it a natural progression for the earth to heat up and cool down?
Man-made global warming is balls, doesn't global warming occur on Mars. I just think we're seeing real seasons, we've had that much BS fed to us about global warming that we need an excuse for severe weather. It's just a natural cycle in my opinion.

Satellite1

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 08:09 AM
link   
I live on the UK coast and last winter was an absolute nightmare, the salt didn't do much good back then...if this year is worse i can't imagine the chaos that will ensue. Satellite, yes the earth does go through cycles, but scientists say that man is hastening the process. Im personally still on the fence, i don't think we have enough information to make the judgment that man is effecting such a huge and complex system.

[edit on 28-7-2010 by Solomons]

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Centrica/British Gas announced massive profits here in the UK this morning thanks mainly to last winters cold spell.
I bet they are rubbing their hands is glee at the prospect.
I for one will be hoping for a light covering or snow over Christmas otherwise a milder winter so I can use less gas.

edit for spelling

[edit on 28-7-2010 by quadratic]

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 08:14 AM
link   

A long summer will end mid october, then a short cold phase will come. November is again relative warm, but in the mid of December it will be very cold (-20°c) in Europe for maybe over 5 weeks. The birds will die and fall from the trees. I also can feel a cold February and march and a very very hot summer 2011. This predictions only for Europe GE, FR, CH, AU and near countrys. It's not for Italy or Spain. They have a different climate zone.

wow, I live in the netherlands.... So if you are right.. well.. at least we may finaly have a white christmas again this year... lol

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Im going to be burning as much wood this winter as I can get my hands on, I will be nice and toasty together with the warm feeling that im helping the planet create that much needed CO2. I heard somewhere that plants actually like CO2 so im going to become quite the ecologyst to boot

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by cushycrux

I agree with your winter cold predictions, but the birds will be ok. They are surprisingly resilient. I am where it often hits -40 and wind chills of -50 in winter, upper Canada, and the birds always make do. Make sure the bird's feeders stay full, and they will fatten up, and get good feathers.

[edit on 28-7-2010 by snowspirit]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join