It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

mayan preist debunks 2012

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   

What is the significance of the Dec. 21, 2012 date in the Mayan calendar, or your intuitive sense of it as a Mayan priest. There was a program about it on the History channel, referring to the Doomsday in several cultures coinciding on this date. Is this a passage into a new way of life, rather than an end? What can you tell people about this fast-approaching date?

Nothing is going to happen in 2012. There is no Mayan prophecy about 2012. In addition to the Chol Qij the Mayans have various other calendar counts of lesser mantic importance. One of these is the Long Count, which is a continuous count in days since August 9th, 3114 BCE. The Long Count will reset to zero-zero-zero-zero-zero on December 21, 2012. But this is just a major calendar change – their equivalent of Y2K – with no more spiritual significance than the change of millenium had for us. This 2012 thing is being touted by some non-Mayans as a kind of New Age version of the Rapture: a miraculous transformation of human consciousness which sweeps humanity up into the clouds to escape the coming tribulation. But things don’t happen that way in real life. If there is a fundamental transformation in human consciousness, the way it will probably occur is that the environment and civilization will deteriorate over the next few decades. And then people will draw together and open their hearts to one another, as they do in the face of any natural catastrophe such as an earthquake or flood. When people lose their faith in the system and start listening to their own hearts is when the system will change.

www.whatismagic.com...

Mod Note: Added external source tags. In the future please add your thoughts and personal twist to the issue you wish to discuss.

[edit on 7/27/2010 by maria_stardust]

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Lateralus51

“My free Mayan Horoscope software explains the entire system in detail and does all the calculations.”

www.whatismagic.com...

Mayan Priest?? Horoscopes? Peddle your garbage somewhere else!!!! Sheeshhhh……..
Line 2

No, I use pretty much pure Western astrology in my personal practice. I’ve been studying that for almost 40 years, and I only began studying Mayan astrology about ten years ago. Also the astrology I do is very much prediction-oriented – transits, progressions, and directions – and there is no equivalent in Mayan astrology. They do prediction but can’t pin it down in time as well as Western astrology does. My interest in Mayan astrology is mostly related to ceremonial magic, the ritual invocation of Mayan spirits.

HOAX! HOAX!! HOAX!! HOAX!!

[edit on 27-7-2010 by liveandletlive]

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Yeah, the whole 2012 thing is ridiculous IMO. OMG
their calendar ends. So will ours...eventually.

All it takes is a society to collapse. At some point in time the future calendars for that collapsed society simply run out. It's not like we (in modern times) already have calendars for 5000 years form now. What would be the point of creating an "eternal" calendar?

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

How many Aggies does it take to figure out that the "source" is garbage?

Im not defending the 2012 theory but this is a joke!!!

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by liveandletlive

How many Aggies does it take to figure out that the "source" is garbage?

Im not defending the 2012 theory but this is a joke!!!

How many?

My comment didn't require the source. The whole 2012 hysteria is just that....hysteria!

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Sorry, I couldnt resist. The wife is from UT.
And yes your probably right.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Mayan Priest with a name of Bob Makransky? his no priest but a well known spammer that spams his site for google adsense

www.dearbrutus.com...

II. There will be no miraculous salvation due to so-called Mayan 2012 prophecies; or Jesus' or the Mahdi's return; much less from the irresponsible governments, corporations, media, and academics who go us into this mess in the first place.

Right i am sure right now his site might be making some money.

I have seen him post on one of those spam forum sites

for example one of his book listing doesnt exist.

s1.amazon.com...

His site looks like he rushed it.

Sorry but i am not buying this thread.

Its no wonder why people on this thread are buying into this mayan priest or well known amazon spammer.

Bob was banned on a forum for spamming his bull crap magic yahoo group, that which they give out emails to other groups or sites, yet they stated

Privacy Statement: We will not give or sell your name or e-mail address to anyone, ever.

If Mr Bob was real, why would anyone with clean English use the the word ever?

We get the point, there is no point of putting the word ever, if you made the statement.

[edit on 27-7-2010 by Agent_USA_Supporter]

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by liveandletlive

whatever guy, you get the point. its all bs.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Lateralus51

I don't get any point. All you did was put some misleading information on here and say it's BS without never knowing for sure. How does that help anyone? So much for "denying ignorance" on your behalf.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Jupiter Crashes

www.examiner.com... r

mayan elder sick of 2012.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 09:48 PM
link   
2012 is a hoax i cant wait till the domma different dTWpick sayers

new topics

top topics

join