It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pipeline leak pollutes major Michigan river

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by LordBaskettIV

I appreciate those links, thank you.

You would think that a spill of this size would be getting more Media attention nationwide, and especially just on the other side of the state of Michigan. AM 950, and local CBS, NBC, and ABC have been working hard at showing everything else not important in the news.

Only the directly local media outlets are really updating anything about this spill.

Rrrrrr...spoon-fed Orwellian 1984-type Media pond scum.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Mich. oil pipeline shut down for work before spill
Federal regulators say a company shut down a Michigan pipeline for planned maintenance hours before 911 calls about odors in the area where a massive oil spill was reported the next day.

National Transportation Safety Board officials told reporters Monday that Enbridge Inc. shut down its Calhoun County oil pipeline about 6 p.m. July 25. About three hours later, calls started coming in about gas odors in the Marshall area.

Mich. oil pipeline shut down for work before spill

Check the above link for the full(but short)report.

Something is starting to stink and it's not just the benzine. Possible botched maintainence?

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Chigago's mayor is now being a butthead to michigan over a canadians companys fault.

Daley wants criminal invesigation

He seems to think destroying the fishing industry and letting asian carp in the lakes is some how less bad than an oil spill, becuase y'know, chigago might loose money if they need to shut down those locks.

When has conservation of natural resourses been about politics? Maybe he has never looked at any of the rivers in his own district as they are pretty polluted without any oil slicks.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Good find on that one, cause the media (outside of the immediate area) is ignoring this spill 100%. Not sensational enough for them? Or what?

The Mayor of Chicago is a joke.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Heck, no one on this site seems to notice either. Must get drowned out by BP spill...or no one reads fragile earth section on ATS.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 08:18 AM
link   

I think it is a combination of the fact that no one in this country really cares about Michigan in the first place, and that it is not sensational enough for both the media and the sheeple watching.

What really shocks me is how no one in the Metro Detroit area hardly cares at all. I have been in this part of Michigan all week, and I have been trying to chat about it with anyone I find.

IMO, Metro Detroiters break down like this: 75% Don't care, 20% Don't even know about it at all, 4% are midly interested, and 1% actually engage in discussing the spill.

WTF!

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Don't pay any attention to Daley the man's an idiot, he's destroyed this city. He has no idea how to successfully run a city, "the city that works"
what a freakin joke as anyone that lives here is acutely aware of.

He lives to be a bully and his latest anctics are simply about revenge because they want us to close the locks to keep the Asian Carp from spreading further. If he had half a brain he would've made every attempt to keep those damn carp from spreading without being asked. He'd rather make a big stink about other states asking us to do what's right because they dare to attempt to tell the great Daley to do something. He's nothing but a hypocrit.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   

I think everyone is just burned out from the BP oil spill. It seems as if no one's interested in this oil spill, but that could be because no one knows about it due to lack of coverage. They only people that I've talked to that are even aware of it are my sons. Heck even my family that lives in Michigan haven't talked to me about it. It's a shame that this spill has been swept under the rug.

I do think this thread would've gotten more attention though if it had been posted in breaking news.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join