It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All seeing eye in World of Warcraft weapon.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   
I just bought a new offhand for it's stats without seeing what it looked like. I was quite surprised to see how cheesy it looked, but then I noticed that it looked familiar. Coincidence?
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f67a3381a2b7.jpg[/atsimg]

The weapon in question

I have linked two wow related site's info on this weapon.
Here

and Here

what are your thoughts?

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Illum / freemason symbolism is rife in that game - not surprised at all. Hey - maybe its why it does so well

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Come on....those symbols are a part of every fantasy genre game for ever and ever. They arent so much Masonic/Illuminati as "Esoteric" they have been used in Alchemy as well and they purvey certain information through symbols. In a game using magic and intrigue, why wouldnt they use mystic symbols...lol

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Take a look around the game , and you will see its all over the game.
places ,names, weapons etc
All the ornaments, designs, references from quests etc.
Lich king, cataclysm end of the world ...
No need to go on, Just observe and you will see its all a BIG distraction from the "real world of warcraft"

Have seen it from day 1 i got sucked into that game,(still hard to leave it alone tho, but im getting there.. Thanks to ATS
)

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   
World of Warcraft is designed to have a little of everything. Something everyone from all walks of life could enjoy. It is also designed by people from all different walks of life with different interests and beliefs. It is quite common for game developers and artists to include little easter eggs, symbols, images, names, or whatever just for the heck of it. Gives gamers something to look around for.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Heck, if you really wanted a better comparison to the all seeing eye, you would use one of the beginning death knight quests as your example. The quest where you take the form of an eye and go scout the village below before an invasion.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bonified Ween
Illum / freemason symbolism is rife in that game - not surprised at all. Hey - maybe its why it does so well

care to back that up?

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Hey, theres also a "Lost" type of hatch, with a number secuence on it too...
Does this means that Sholazar Basin is in the "Lost" series? Or is it just another easter egg?

Deny ignorance but embrace nonsense?

[edit on 27-7-2010 by Juanxlink]

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   
While yes it's the all seeing eye -- its also the logo for the Kirin Tor faction in the game, which guard the Violet Hold which is in Dalaran which is also where you purchase that item anyway.

but, really. The whole game is full of winks and nods and nudges to pop culture, including us conspiracy theorists.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Yeah that is the all seeing eye.

Yet in a game where you can use books bound in human flesh to cast spells or dress like and summon demonic entities under your employ, I'm surprised the innocuous "eye" caught your attention.

- Lee

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Coincidence to what?
There is also 2 eyes on my face.
Even more of a coincidence?

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Don't forget the Zelda games.

I don't know if there is anything significant to it. Whether planned or not, these things are symbolically significant. We are constantly being exposed to such symbolism, and it's really everywhere. Just seeing things can have some kind of an impact on us, but with all of this symbolism, what is really being done here?

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 10:42 PM
link   
You could also argue that the game has many christian undertones but I don't think it's any different than typical fantasy. Kind of annoying though. Stinkin' Paladins

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 06:05 AM
link   
OMG OMG OMG the masonic eye in a video game, run for your life guys

that thread again, and again and again, and again.......

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by ninthaxis
World of Warcraft is designed to have a little of everything. Something everyone from all walks of life could enjoy. It is also designed by people from all different walks of life with different interests and beliefs. It is quite common for game developers and artists to include little easter eggs, symbols, images, names, or whatever just for the heck of it. Gives gamers something to look around for.

Agreed. They even have a Haris Pilton who sells a gigantic handbag and a portable hole
, and though I haven't seen this for myself, she's rumoured to have an invisible friend next to her called Richole Nichie, who can only be seen if you're wearing special goggles.

Then there's the Archmage Vargoth who spouts his own version of Hotel California.
'plenty of room at the cursed violet tower'
'some scried to remember, some scried to forget' and all that.

There's a bit of everything in there.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 06:20 AM
link   
all seeing eye is my god i will be your slaves please kill 90%of the world please do so for me i will baby god freaks

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 06:59 AM
link   
The object in question is called "Ward of The Violet Citadel" available for Emblems of Heroism from vendors in Dalaran.

That said, it's World of Warcraft for crying out loud. They have cultural and other references to just about anything throughout the game. Take for example the vendor called Haris Pilton, or the Dread Pirates Ring (A reference to the Dread Pirate Roberts from The Princess Bride). Their are webpages dedicated to finding WoW's "Easter Eggs" (the name given to the obscure and weird cultural references found throughout the game).

In short, it should not even enter peoples minds that the All-Seeing-Eye appears in WoW, being a FANTASY game played by millions of people worldwide.

Edit: Poor spelling

[edit on 28/7/2010 by Kryties]

join