It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some Schumann Resonance Theories DEBUNKED

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   
I have heard many theories over the years. about the Schumann Resonance. For instance that it was the "earths heartbeat" or that it was somehow going to affect consciousness or, my favorite that i suddenly started rising recently.

I was looking into it as a part of a series I was doing and couldn't help but notice that...well it was all bunk.

Check it out.

Here are some of the references I used:
quake.geo.berkeley.edu...
www.knowledgerush.com...
en.wikipedia.org...
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...
www.crawford2000.co.uk...

[edit on 27-7-2010 by Amenti]

[edit on 27-7-2010 by Amenti]

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amenti
The Schumann Resonance Theories DEBUNKED

I have heard many theories over the years. about the Schumann Resonance. For instance that it was the "earths heartbeat" or that it was somehow going to affect consciousness or, my favorite that i suddenly started rising recently.
Thank you for posting a video in a series debunking Gregg Braden, he really has plenty of bunk to debunk.

However, the whole point of the video is NOT to debunk the The Schumann Resonance theories. What the video DOES debunk is the Gregg Braden nonsense about the Schumann Resonances, which is entirely different.

I would respectfully suggest you change the title of your OP to the title of the video you posted which is:

Gregg Braden Debunked - The Schumann Resonances

And in fact if you don't do this, I will petition the mods to do it. Your current title of "The Schumann Resonance Theories DEBUNKED" is not what the video is about, and in fact the video does NOT debunk the Schumann Resonance Theories, only what Gregg Braden says about them. Thanks in advance for clarifying the thread title!

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Arbitrageur

Tesla must have understood the Schumann resonance when he designed his Wardenclyffe Tower in 1901.

I agree "Schumann resonance" became an overused cliché years ago.

Back in 1977 Jürgen Schumann was initially prohibited from landing in Dubai.

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Slichter
a reply to: Arbitrageur

Tesla must have understood the Schumann resonance when he designed his Wardenclyffe Tower in 1901.

As he didn't believe in an ionosphere, I'm quite sure he didn't.

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 04:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

Maybe he was baiting a hook, waiting for someone to ask him why he didnt believe in the(current model of the then concept of it) and no one took the bait. Ive known many brilliant individuals that get yes men/women and surrounded by people that do not offer a challenge as an equal to help them see other perspectives, and well they become rather misanthorpic and bored as the public keeps expecting the same sort of work from them... like stereotyping good actors in well stereotypical roles. Artists have many passions science is an art even though most of it is labeled BS its still BA or bad ass business, and life is obviously the greatest art of all.

On the surface, many such people may appear arrogant or elitist or even conceited, its more that at some point mundane is just a modality and a moldality is often molded, so why would a scuplture want a statute to work with? Drop a slab of marble and then youre on the right track... this was the genius of Dali and the dada movement in art, they took that sculpture already predefined and slapped it into a meme as an art form to stand on its own in a satire that placed boundaries instead they pushed limits and that is where true progress comes from, shattering the mould of the already preconcieved or created and showing theres always another vantagepoint beyond such inane limitations.

The cereal isle in a developed nation shows just how much mould breaking can be done with several grains... as a reminder of this thing called progress but at some point the utilization of such starts becoming a detriment without true substantial benefit.

There are always going to be biters of work that does have true merit and thats just the circus coming into town, and PT Barnum looking for the fool to part ways with their money... the passionate about their passions dont think money as what they get from their work itself? Is payment enough... the real gold in your statement would be to dig up and research why Telsa set up such a hook, and if not your passion then obviously someone else may be so inspired, and thats the key to not stagnating see the hooks develop them and continue inspiration.

I have a very large fault called encouraging others

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 05:57 AM
link   
a reply to: BigBrotherDarkness

Tesla was very secretive concerning electronic patents and encrypted the detailed information.
Good example of that were the "negative resistors" he described that amplified floor noise.
The receiver was so sensitive he could listen to the storms on Jupiter.
Wardenclyffe Tower charged the Ionosphere, Gauss would have understood the function in the 1830's and probably could have provided more accurate math.

Tesla may or may not have understood the details of Schumann Resonance.

The OP seemed to be using Schumann Resonance as an artistic cliche.
Best artistic example I could think of was the "one and the many allegory" from the Sistine Chapel ceiling, painted by Michelangelo between 1508 and 1512.

Dalì was directly inspired by Italian Renaissance art for so many of his works.
"Is it cloak 'n dagger. Could it be spring or fall."

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 07:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Slichter

Dalì was directly inspired by Italian Renaissance art for so many of his works. "Is it cloak 'n dagger. Could it be spring or fall."

And what does this exactly have to do with the decision to replace AndRew with HaRRiet on the US $20 bill?

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Slichter
a reply to: BigBrotherDarkness

Tesla was very secretive concerning electronic patents and encrypted the detailed information.

Good example of that were the "negative resistors" he described that amplified floor noise.

The receiver was so sensitive he could listen to the storms on Jupiter.

Wardenclyffe Tower charged the Ionosphere, Gauss would have understood the function in the 1830's and probably could have provided more accurate math.

Tesla may or may not have understood the details of Schumann Resonance.

The OP seemed to be using Schumann Resonance as an artistic cliche.

Best artistic example I could think of was the "one and the many allegory" from the Sistine Chapel ceiling, painted by Michelangelo between 1508 and 1512.

Dalì was directly inspired by Italian Renaissance art for so many of his works.

"Is it cloak 'n dagger. Could it be spring or fall."

With Edison working in the patent office could you blame him?

Telsa: By jove! There goes that f-ing upstairs neighbor; stomping around in his damned boots on the floor again!
Gauss: Ha ha ya bastard my floor is your ceiling! «stomp» «stomp»

The Chapel must be a real gas, from what I understand; theres a sign the says "no farting" in several languages. A pretty cool meme of it would be: ...and on the 8th day: Static electricity

Dali concidered himself and immanation of someone named Dali that Dali wasnt him but Dali inhabited him as a vessel that worked through him as a unification of one being. Theres an old black & white TV interview talk show style where he discusses it.

new topics

top topics

join