It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS News: Border Security, Part Two: The Arizona War Zone

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix
Does anyone have a good graphic of this so called international border that would be more accurate then the border we see on a U.S. map?

I would really like to get a better idea of the type of border this man is talking about.
I looked at fence images and the nature of the fence varies dramatically from area to area:

www.google.com...

Here is one image that caught my eye, the fence is designed to stop vehicles but people can walk right through. Apparently this is used in remote desert areas:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/51791f6e0f93.jpg[/atsimg]
www.constructionequipmentguide.com...

The border fence is designed to stop vehicles while allowing wildlife passage.

This picture also gives a good view of the road that runs through the 60 foot wide easement next to the border.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by ntech
reply to post by ChrisCrikey

The problem there is economic. Would you spend millions putting up towers and maintaining them for a call or less a day? It's just not affordable. Your other option might be a satellite phone but the costs would be pretty high compared to cell phone coverage. Take a look at the map. Those uncovered areas are pretty remote.

www.wireless.att.com...#?type=voice

[edit on 28-7-2010 by ntech]

I believe that when the illegal smugglers and drug smugglers found they had cell phone coverage they would use the system.

Then with the right equipment on the system the government would be able to spot cell phone use in remote areas where no one would normally be and could home in on the signals and catch the cell phone user.

If the government owned the cell towers it would be easy to do and the smugglers might never know how they were tracked.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   

"Judge blocks controversial parts of Ariz. law"
www.msnbc.msn.com...

[edit on 28-7-2010 by Section31]

I wanted to comment on this very topic today for I heard some discussion on it yesterday. I believe this is a way for the feds to block the Sheriff from doing his job. The sheriff is suppose to be the highest ranking law authority in the states.

Here is a good site with many links and videos regarding Nullification.

Snippet :
Derek Sheriff – Nullification: It’s Official Page 1 of 5 Nullification: It’s Official by Derek Sheriff 28. Jan, 2010 www.tenthamendmentcenter.com... While speaking to a large crowd of over a thousand people on the campus of Arizona State
University last December, Congressman Ron Paul mentioned one thing that might come about
as the result of the federal government habitually ignoring the Constitution: Nullification.

Link : www.scribd.com...

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Atom12
Arizona should secede and other border states should follow. Worse than getting no help from the obummer group of thugs - they are being hindered by a frivolous grandstanding lawsuit. Apparently their priority is to ensure that we legitimate citizens are in constant danger.

hey, obama has put more men and money down there than bush ever did in his 8 years in office. take a minute of your precious time and do a little research, pal... it is a problem this country has to deal with, but the whiners like you only start stinking up the place when we have a democratic president...i'm getting sick of you and others that think this happens ONLY when we have a democratic president.

since 1980, for 30 years, 20 years have had REPUBLICAN presidents...where in the hell have they been on this??......yeah nowhere, that's where...oh ...and the 2 REPUBLICAN SENATORS from arizona?? what have they been doing?
this isn't a democrat/republican issue, so stop trying to make it one.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by ChrisCrikey

you need more than a cell phone..
some body armor, helmet- m-4,
night vision, silenced ruger mark3.
a couple dogs with guns..
and you need a ...
MACHETE!!!!
mine's 35 years old