learn more

ATS News: Border Security, Part Two: The Arizona War Zone

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
+13 more 
posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Part two of our series on US border security continues as embattled Arizona rancher and doctor of veterinary medicine, Gary Thrasher, relates the experiences of the ranchers struggling to survive in Arizona, on the border with Mexico. Gary discusses first-hand experiences and those of other ranchers in their daily ordeals with drug and human traffickers crossing their lands. Including the incredible frustration with the U.S. Border Patrol who has told him the area (his land) is too dangerous for them to send border guards. It's clear that these US ranchers are operating in a "siege mentality" and fear for their lives on a daily basis.

(click to open player in new window)

View a larger version in the ATS Media portal, and obtain embed codes.
Border Security - Part Two - The Arizona War Zone

DIGG this video to help spread awareness of the issue.

More information about Gary Thrasher...

Restore Our Border Plan (video)

Ranchers looking for more help on border

Douglas residents react to troops along border

Gary A. Thrasher D.V.M.

View Part One of our series on Border Security:
ATS News: Border Security, Part One: Sheriff Joe Arpaio

Stay tuned for part three with choice comments from the three other politicians at the event, and our final fourth part, the Q&A section with a nuclear-hot question from "SkepticOverlord" (provided by our members) that no one wanted to touch.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Very interesting, thanks for posting

They say succession is anti-american, however isn't letting a state go through this even worse?

These guys need to seperate itself from the united states
What's the use of being part of a country that refuses to do anything for you?

This is part two, I never got an email about Pt. 1
Can I have a link? Is that Restore our border link?
Thanks

This is a great video with someone with first hand experience
I disagree with what he says about the drug war though

Also it made me wonder, did the CIA destabilize that region to move illegals over here?

Destabilize one region, have the move over to the neighboring region, in another country, and destabilize that one too!!

[edit on 27-7-2010 by ModernAcademia]

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Great video ATS NEWS! Can we embed these video's etc on blogs and stuff?
-Neutron

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by NeutronAvenger

You can grab the embed codes on our media portal page for this video:
Border Security - Part Two - The Arizona War Zone

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Great Job guys, Excellent video.

Here is a guy who highlights the reasons for immigration control at the border, a must watch.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by prionace glauca
Here is a guy who highlights the reasons for immigration control at the border, a must watch.

We're trying to get some follow-up time with Mr. Thrasher soon after he's able to gauge if the additional "troops" or the Arizona 1070 law has had any effect. In a brief off-camera conversation with many people following the event on the subject, he clearly felt that the presence of "not nearly enough" troops will only embolden the drug traffickers.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Is it possible for someone to post the size (Mb) and quality (low res/hi res) of the video so I know if I can watch it or not? Thanks !!

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   
This man makes a very salient point. It's not an immagration problem, its a border control problem. You know I guess theres alot more information needed by the average citizen.

This really riles me up. Im a pretty easy going person, but for cryin out loud I really do see that our governments State and Federal are not doing their jobs...I want to know why?...I know its been iterated time and time again, but jeeziz we supposedly sent 46 warships to Costa Rica to fight drugs...what about fighting the drug dealers using our borders. How much money is it costing in simply sailing the 46 warships to Costa Rica...couldnt that same money be spent to aid our citizens along the border of OUR country.

This is preposterous and somebody needs to get the (explative) out of these foreign incursions and right things at home. What has happened to our government? I mean this isnt any one administration, this stuff has been going on for 30 years!

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Quite sobering to hear his account.

Government agencies not going near the border because it's not safe, but these people are expected to be safe and live near them, as that is where their homes are. Unacceptable! 1

He's right tho, Immigration control is only part of it. Border security and control is the key.

Then you have Obama saying "We can't have Border security until we have a comprehensive amnesty action plan" or some such statement, completely undermines the Sovereignty of our borders and country.

Completely idiotic IMO. We are being sabotaged by our own government and their agendas.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Great talk by Gary. Several things he said help to put the border in context really well, If you will allow me to paraphrase a bit -

"they consider a 60 mile strip around the border to be a separate country"

"they need statistics to report that they seized X amount of drugs, guns etc, if they stopped them from crossing they wouldn't get the funding"

"as long as there is disparities in our economies (US and Mexico) there will opportunities to make money and the gangs will want a part of that"

"it's too dangerous to patrol the border"

Those seem to me to be the biggest problems. We still lack the political will to do what is necessary to shut the border down. What befalls Gary and others who live near the border is coming to all of us eventually as it creeps mile by mile deeper into the US. We need action and we need it now. We have to ask our congresspersons to tell the Border Patrol to put their assets (and asses!) on the border instead of miles inland so they can get their statistics.
If they aren't willing I'm pretty sure the militia will step up if they know they have government approval to act.

This is an INVASION and it must be stopped. The trouble will not end quietly and it will get nasty before it is resolved. It will take much more than legislation or tough talk to close the border and restore order to a part of America that our government apparently does not believe is worth protecting.

There are thousands of other Americans like Gary who need our help. The LEAST we can do is to call our representatives and point them in the right direction. To do nothing is to abandon our fellow citizens to the whims of gang violence and depredation.

Thank you posting this.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Excellent video. This inspired me to look up how many border patrol agents there are, over 56,000!!! And there's only 1,900 miles (3,100 km) of border with Mexico and over 18,000 agents are assigned to that plus the border with Canada. And that doesn't include the 20,000 agents working at ports of entry. So it certainly seems like they have enough manpower if they chose to patrol the border itself, at least the Mexico border, it may be more problematic to patrol the actual Canada border but i don't hear people screaming as loudly about that one.

I always wondered why they don't patrol the actual border. However it's hearsay for this speaker to say they don't do it because it's not safe, it would be nice to hear that directly from the source.

Source:
en.wikipedia.org...

Originally posted by SeenMyShare
Is it possible for someone to post the size (Mb) and quality (low res/hi res) of the video so I know if I can watch it or not? Thanks !!

It's about 338x600pixels before I expand it to full screen, so not HD but not low quality. I have no way to tell the file size but I'd guess slightly over 100mb for the 19 minutes.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   
From San Luis, Yuma County, AZ - - I am so sick of this.

So how many of you are Picante sauce from New York?

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
"they consider a 60 mile strip around the border to be a separate country"
I remember the separate country comment but I must have missed the 60 miles. He also mentioned a 60 foot easement next to the border.

The Mexico border is about 10 million feet long. This make the size of the 60 foot easement 600 million square feet, or 21 square miles.

If they try to patrol the 60 mile wide area instead of the 60 foot wide area, the area increases from 21 square miles, to about 114,000 square miles!!!!!

No wonder it makes more sense to patrol the actual border, the size is a lot more manageable to patrol!

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

Thanks Arbitrageur : ( it's too big for me. I'll continue reading to get the gist, though.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Not sure if it was mentioned but one of the biggest issues in rural Southern Arizona and for the ranchers is the lack of cell phone coverage. We can't make these private cell phone companies service rural areas but I believe Rep. Giffords (D) is has been pleading for federal help in this regard as it is a safety and national security issue. There is also inadequate telecommunications for law enforcement down there as well. Cell phone companies don't give a # about rural communities. The rancher who was killed while out checking the perimeters of his ranch had a cell phone but no coverage there.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   
I reallly dont get this! Is it to stop drug traffikers or people who need help.

Opening the borders has implications of course........what is the government thinking, please explain, i'm irish?????????

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

They say succession is anti-american, however isn't letting a state go through this even worse?

These guys need to seperate itself from the united states

[edit on 27-7-2010 by ModernAcademia]

Ding Ding Ding!

The states are no longer united.

The federal government is no longer a legitimate governing authority.

In 2010 you became a slave.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   
"The great state of Maricopa hasn't paid attention to the rest of Arizona."

Old people when they give speeches :/

Maricopa is a COUNTY. They're jurisdiction ends AT THE COUNTY BORDER. They have ZERO lawful authority beyond Maricopa county.

Stop trying to skew understandings of things to suit your arguments!!!

- - - - - -

Takes hours to cut through a fence with a torch? What the hell this guy is nub. You could wire cut through one quicker. (It also doesn't take that long to cut through with a torch)

But I understand that people are doing it, and the police response is too late. But don't LIE about the scenarios.

[edit on 27-7-2010 by mryanbrown]

- - - - - -

"We won't be able to settle it by legalizing pot."

Right, you'll just cut the violence by 1/2 or more. So Let's not do it at all!

[edit on 27-7-2010 by mryanbrown]

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by mryanbrown

Have you personally cut through one of the border fences that this gent is speaking of? How long did it take you? What equipment did you use?

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by mryanbrown
"The great state of Maricopa hasn't paid attention to the rest of Arizona."

Old people when they give speeches :/

Maricopa is a COUNTY. They're jurisdiction ends AT THE COUNTY BORDER. They have ZERO lawful authority beyond Maricopa county.

Many Arizonans who live outside Maricopa county refer to that county as "the great state of Maricopa" because it seems that more of Arizona's funds are dedicated to projects/programs in Maricopa county than anywhere else in the state. I don't necessarily agree with this, and certainly do not have a great deal of data that substantiates this, but that is the origin of the phrase. I do know that politicians in AZ talk more about the Phoenix metro area than anywhere else in the state, and news media focus more on Maricopa county and the pompous sheriff there than anywhere else in the state.

I don't believe anything was being skewed, it is a common phrase that I have heard from many people in Arizona.

[edit on 27-7-2010 by muiredised]

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join