It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cannibalism and the practice of eating Children.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 02:25 AM
link   
If anyone wants more details, they should watch the movie Dumplings/Gaau ji

I don't know if there's some people that really do this, but it wouldn't surprise me.

With 7 billion on earth, I'm sure there's a bunch of the crazies that do that kind of thing.

After all, in China, they eat rats, they eat baluts... famines were a ``normal`` thing in China for many centuries... people were eating other people...

It's been happening in North Korea in 2005 because they had not enough food. It happened in Stalingrad...it happened in Leningrad... it happened in South America...

Cannibalism exists and has been existing in all human history.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 02:26 AM
link   
reply to post by okiecowboy

Gotcha.
I believe that same picture is posted twice with in the links I gave.

It is pretty disgusting. If it is the one I think it is, His name is Yu, and he is an "extreme" artist. I actually for research reasons should look into his other acts to see just how much the mesh with this time of thing.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 02:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Balut is a Filipino food, that is most often served via street vendor between the hours of 7Pm and midnight. I only ate it once and I can say....Never...Again.

People here swear by it though and I was told it even tasted like chicken fried steak.

Why serve it late at night??? So you don't have to look at it. It is not a pretty site.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 02:32 AM
link   
The harvesting of kids just for this purpose is the worst part of the story to me..I mean who could do that?

The eating sounds bad enough but who really knows what you are able to do given the right event..I would like to think I am above doing something like this, but then again i have never been in a famine or food shortage. I am sure the donner party never planned on what they did when they set out.

what worries me is the modern trend to slip these "taboo" items, fetus material, placentas, stem cells etc slowly into our mainstream. so it become less and less taboo..I mean there was even a cooking show aired in the UK showing how to prepare a placenta...kinda creepy if you ask me

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 02:38 AM
link   
I think it is important to differentiate between what i can see as three types of cannibalism.

One is what we see here. The act of eating a person after death in order to enjoy it as a delicacy.

2. The act of eating someone as an act of desparation, i.e. Staligrad, Africa, the 70s rugby team, Donner party ect.

3. The Murdering and eating of a person like the acts performed by Jeffery Dahmer and the German guy who put an ad in the paper for a man he would like to eat.

This is not meant as an actual separation of the basic types of cannibalism like auto-cannibalism and the like, simply my opinion.

None are desirable. With the strong negative reaction to such things one has to wonder: how bad do things really have to get in order to do the thing you dislike the most?

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 02:44 AM
link   

Exactly, hence that’s why placed the link to “A Modest Proposal”
My concern is that with the decline of faith based values in the western world being replaced with various more sinister forms of humanism, I wonder if it may not be a stretch that such a proposal be accepted in the not to distant future.
At the very least to further the agenda of population control and suppressing carbon foot prints.
Hell perhaps people wouldn’t even know. Soylent Green anyone?

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 02:56 AM
link   
reply to post by snowen20

Our moral compass is already so far out of whack, I bet it wouldn't be that big of a stretch

as far as people not knowing..from what I read one report said it tasted like veal..once that word got out, and If you put a hefty price tag on it, and got just one hollywood celeb to endorse it..why people would be killing each other to have it

again thanks for such a interesting post, really got me thinking!

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 03:19 AM
link   

In "A Modest Proposal" Jeffery Swift proclaims that the human flesh tastes just like veal. Very melt in your mouth and what not.

Nauseating to think about.

I would almost be willing to bet any number of body parts that some whacked out celebs have tried eating human flesh before.

When you extremely wealthy and can be dismissed as merely eccentric then it makes distorting moral and ethical codes all the easier.

I'm surprised Oprah hasn't endorsed it yet. JK.

Hell Ozzy ate a bat on stage, others have made such claims as drinking human blood. Some have even talked about human sacrifice, though that may be over the top.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 03:46 AM
link   
OP a very interesting thread. I don't know what to think about the subject but thank you for posting.

I just wanted to say that we get Epoch times where I work and it is very, very biased and anti-Chinese regime, so much so that we are not allowed to display it (we have newspapers from all around the world). I wouldn't really believe anything they write if it has anything to do with China.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 04:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Frakkerface

Well That's why I posted this to get opinions.
I don't claim this is happening only that such a possibility may exist or may have at one time.

I try to maintain that this isn't an attack on any people per se but only on taboo practices the world over. Consequently China was one of the most prevalent on this issue. This is one of the reasons i posted the Chinese Urban Legends article first, Almost as a means of discrediting the info before it was ingested.

I do believe this may take place among the wealthy in some "odd" circles. NOT common practice.

One of my relatives who is Chinese and comes from mainland china told me that this has happened a few times. I cant say if it is true one way or another.

In regards to Epoch times, the article I linked to with Epoch was referencing (Next Magazine) Which is a weekly newspaper in China.

So maybe it was true and Epoch ran with it in hopes of furthering their biased agenda.

I don't know, thanks for the input though.

[edit on 28-7-2010 by snowen20]

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 05:14 AM
link   
I really dont think that you should have linked to that page at all.

Even if it is going on, it is in very poor taste. You could have simply given a desciption of the pictures and quoted much of the article.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 06:10 AM
link   
reply to post by MR BOB

Poor taste or not, Some things are best expressed via image.

This is not the first time such things have appeared on ATS, and everyone was given multiple warnings. The choices made by those who wish to view are out of my hands.

Whether you link to video of Israelis killing children in a Gaza, or link to the assassination of kittens in a crushing video, gruesome as it may be death is death.

I know people are squeamish on this issue so am I thats why Im attempting to bring it attention.

As far as it being in poor taste, That really IMO depends on why I posted it.
If it was to poke fun of another culture for their "KOOKY" ways then yes it would be in bad taste.
That however was not the case here, and as ATS is notorious for demanding links to such claims I held my end of the bargain.

But not with out giving fair warning multiple times.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Here is something discussed previously.

It was discovered that aborted fetal material was in an anti-aging cream.

www.washingtontimes.com...

Interesting to consider that the company accused of this action probably lost little or no revenue do to such an act coming into the public light.

I find it sad that they do this, but moreover the question I have is;
What’s the difference between a woman eating a fetus to look younger, and another woman knowingly rubbing fetal tissue on her face for the same reason?

To me it seems the same. I agree one is substantially more extreme than the other but on a base level the situation is the same. Both are searching for some vague concept of beauty and think they can find it in the body of an aborted baby.

For those people that are shocked that they use fetuses for this kind of thing the question I have is why? What did they expect was going to be done with the bodies of over 1,300,000 fetuses a year in the U.S., or the some 50,000,000 annually world wide.
Source: www.cpforlife.org...

I think it is abundantly clear that big business is all about one thing and one thing only, making money and I seriously doubt they would let such a commodity go to waste.

Just like this company that never intended to let their little secret out, so too I believe there may be many companies using fetuses for any number of things and not just beauty products. I don’t feel a need to go into detail on the possibilities here.

I’m very sorry for this topic and I hate discussing it but perhaps its time people faced the facts. It is one of humanities dirty little secrets and no one wants to confront it.

[edit on 28-7-2010 by snowen20]

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   
I would suspect that this comes from forced abortions that are the
policy of "one child only" dictate from their communist leaders.

Can you imagine a forced abortion?

Then they can say "Well we might as well eat it instead of it "going to waste".

The USA has been going down this road in regards to beauty. The rich folks buy the aborted baby parts and make them into anti-aging cosmetics. There is literally a price list from researchers, scientists etc
stating how much they will pay for different fetal body parts.

All of it makes my blood boil! There is absolutely no respect or dignity for human life anymore. All you have to do is watch the news.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Starbug3MY

I wasn't' aware there was a price list, that's rather extreme.

So far it seems the majority of the people who have posted on this thread are pro life. I would like some pro choice folks to weigh in on this topic and see if they feel as outraged.

pro life myself I tend to find this disgusting by way of the abortion factor, not to mention the rest of the situation.
Not that a Pro choice person would be for cannibalism, I'm just wondering if they think it would be okay to just throw it away instead. Or are they tolerant with any aspect of utilizing fetal material for commercial products.

I just feel that if you start down this road it leads to bad things.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 09:42 PM
link   
I have a feeling this topic is why the "Zombie" theme is so popular in movies. In our deep subconscious or primal memory, we know that humans are capable of attacking/eating other humans. It's a very scary concept. I think Zombie movies remind people of this, as a warning of sorts.

When people say they are getting ready for the Zombie Apocalypse, what they are really preparing for without knowing it, is to protect themselves from their fellow humans.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Baby farming is a subject that I became very familiar with a couple of years back. Apparently it was also very common in the U.S. This is my personal experience with this horrible practice:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Here's a link to a list.

www.wnd.com...

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by harrytuttle

Absolutely, I do agree.

I think Zombie movies are a subconscious way of understanding how ferocious as well as how driven by ravenous behavior we are as a species.

The concept is one that like you said is ingrained in us on a primitive level and we are naturally offended by it.

People hate the idea that behind this thin veil of civilization we are primitive killing machines with a propensity for extreme violence.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Starbug3MY

Starbug, thanks for pointing that out to me.

I cant get angry enough or curse enough to make myself feel better.
the whole concept is suffocating to me.

Just as I suspected, they really are all about the money.
Not trying to sound disgusting, but it honestly wouldn't surprise me to eventually find out this stuff makes its way into dog food or is mixed with cattle feed for some erroneous "scientific" purpose.

Simply put its to priceless a commodity to let go to waist.
All disgusting stuff is.. Just look at whale ambergris, Oh some whale secretion floating in the ocean? lets turn it into scented beauty spray, disgusting.

Sorry for the visual.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join