It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive landslides continue to wreak havoc accross China.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Some of these have happened in the past few days, others within a few hours, I did not see any recent posts regarding these events so here they are. If this is a re-post please remove as soon as possible.

(CNN) -- Local authorities said Tuesday that a "mud-rock flow" killed six people and left 18 missing in a village in northwest China's Shaanxi Province, according to the state-run news agency Xinhua. About 30 people in Qiaoergou Village were buried Saturday by fast-moving mud and rocks triggered by rain, a Communist Party of China county official told the news agency. Rescuers were able to evacuate about 530 villagers and save five people who were injured.

CNN

For a stunning photo of the actual slide please go here: The Sun

Reuters is also reporting many more people missing or buried in the slide...

More than 100 people have been buried in a landslide triggered by heavy rainfall in China's southwest Guizhou province on Monday, state media said.

Reuters

After further looking into this landslide I found many more landslides in the past week due to some of the worst flooding in China in recent memory...

Torrential rains continued to wreck havoc in China with landslides and floods in northwestern province of Shaanxi killing 111 people and disrupting the train traffic between Tibet and the mainland.

Around 167 people were also missing during the past 11 days of torrential rains in the province.

Across China over 750 were killed in floods since the beginning of this year and the official media here stated the death toll could cross 1000.

Source

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by CalibratedZeus

S&F for you. I hadn't heard about any of this yet. Thanks for posting it. The way are planet is acting now reminds me of a dog trying to shake off its fleas. Can you guess who the fleas are in this case. My prayers go out to all of those people all around this world of ours.

join