It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why America is all about Control/Conformity, not Truth/Freedom

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by WWu777The Masons were in control of this country from day one, remember? Most US Presidents, including Obama, were Masons.
Not true. Only 14 US Presidents (less than ⅓) have been Masons. The last one was Ford, 30 years ago. Blame the CFR, the Trilateral Commission, the Bilderbergers, the Bohemian Grovers, Skull & Crossbones, but the Masons haven't been running the show for a LONG time…

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by WWu777

I hate to sound lazy, but could you summarize the applicable points of the videos?

I only come on here for a few minutes during the time that my kids are napping.

Speaking of which, they're a good example for why the population needs some degree of control. They're young and relatively untouched by society or any sort or "hypnotizing". If my 2 year old has something that the one year old wants, then he'll just walk over and take it. Society tells you that you need to ignore your human nature and behave in a manner that's counter to your instincts. Some people use their freedom to obey the laws of society. To obey the controls that are in place. To conform. Others use their freedom to not conform and continue to take what they want into adulthood. These people have more of their freedom taken away.

I'm not saying that all people are children, but I do think that it's a little unrealistic to think that we're mature enough to not be controlled either by money, the threat of violence/incarceration, or some other method such as societal pressures.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Mayson

You sir sound like a reasonable man.

America is just about as free as we're going to see any country get, small or large.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by AProphet1233
reply to post by Mayson

You sir sound like a reasonable man.

America is just about as free as we're going to see any country get, small or large.

Not so.

Now let's dissect the concept of America being "the freest country".

What does America mean by "free" exactly? That you are free to do whatever you want without any laws or rules? Certainly not! As in every country, America has many laws, regulations and controls that you must abide under. Such vary from country to country of course, but there is no evidence to suggest that America's laws are much more lax than that of most countries. On the contrary, government regulations are much more stringent in America, which is one reason why corporations are outsourcing, besides cheaper labor costs.

In reality, in most countries, is that as long as you have money for transportation and accommodation, and you don't break any laws, you are "free" to go wherever you want on public lands, visit any attractions you like, eat, drink and be merry. So how is that any different in America? What exactly are you "free" to do in America that you can't do anywhere else?

In fact, arguably, since America is one of the most expensive countries in the world to live or travel in, one's purchasing power is diminished there, whereas it is multiplied much greater in third world countries. Thus, one's ability to "purchase their freedom" is greatly diminished in the US. So if you define freedom by purchasing power, then in that sense the US is "less free" than cheaper third world countries where your purchasing power would be much greater. Any expat living in third world countries (e.g. Philippines, Thailand, Costa Rica, etc.) will tell you this. And sorry Hollywood and CNN, but virtually none of these expats will say that they are "less free" outside the US. In fact, they tend to say that they are "more free" outside the US, which shatters Hollywood's stereotypical propaganda.

You might also be surprised to know that no one I’ve met who’s been to the Middle East reports that it is less free than in America, despite the extreme black and white Islamic laws there. They all report that the US media’s image of the Middle East is total BS. And in fact, Arabs from the Middle East do not consider America to be “freer” than where they came from, since they define “freedom” differently. However, funnily enough, one freedom they do have in the Middle East, that you don’t have in America, is that they can show up for a job late and not worry about getting fired; they will only get their pay docked.

Holland has way more freedoms than America does.

Most Europeans I know feel America is far less free than their own country. Look what this Ukrainian guy said on my forum:

www.happierabroad.com...

totally agree!!! I am a Ukrainian who moved to the USA and could not figure out WTF is wrong with me. It took a loooong time to actually understand that people around me are completely morally degraded, retarded, limited, not educated, have never been to other states or NEVER in their life been to OTHER country (we don't count trips to Cancun to get wasted). People are completely lonely, they smile - but you know that it's almost 99% FAKE. People CANNOT stand in public - they hide themselves into cell phones, iPods or just clicking whatever in their hand. No one makes eye contact for more than 3 seconds! If you just look at someone for a long time - they look at you as a rapist! What kind of retarded society is that??? Completely screwed up, Freedom does NOT exist in America! At least not at this point!

I can go on and on about family, relationship, food, meetings etc. Even European cities are planned differently - in France there are many HUGE squares in any city center (downtown) where they have literally HUNDREDS of cafe's right out on the streets, people walk and stroll down the streets during weekends, socialize, talk, hang out, sit in the parks, meet and greet etc. There are virtually NO FAT PEOPLE in France!!! And food here is GREAT, tasted natural, organic and home-made. No, not home-made from box of Mac'n'Cheese from Wal-Mart (complete chemical poison). Food in France is natural in every way possible. I know because I grew up in Europe eating everything fresh from the market and thank God, there was no McDonald's in our city until I was 16. But funny - McDonald's in Europe tastes MUCH better than in the USA. Same goes for Coca Cola, chips and other food. Yesterday I tried French Fries in French restaurant for the first time - IT TASTED BETTER THAN ANY U.S. made chocolate!

Everything is retarded in USA in terms of enjoying life! Food, people, families, social interaction, work long hours (in France there is 35 hour work week and 5 week of vacation for everyone! Eat that!). People have a life here. Socialized medicine is amazing by the way. I don't want to repeat Michael Moore, he is 95% correct in his Sicko movie about situation and life in the USA - you live in debt all your life, while education is almost always FREE in Europe (or very cheap).

We have to organize a movement, publish brochures, open people's eyes, tell them that they live in the matrix! Winston, you are doing a great thing by helping other people understand the truth behind their miserable lives. At this point I see no benefit of living in the USA and especially living or creating a family, even with a foreign girl. Just teaching English will be enough to make a living in most countries abroad and if you have a degree, you will eventually find a better job. Many U.S. companies operate abroad, you could work for them as a regional manager or representative etc. Go Abroad, GET A LIFE.

[edit on 2-8-2010 by WWu777]

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mayson
reply to post by WWu777

I hate to sound lazy, but could you summarize the applicable points of the videos?

I only come on here for a few minutes during the time that my kids are napping.

Speaking of which, they're a good example for why the population needs some degree of control. They're young and relatively untouched by society or any sort or "hypnotizing". If my 2 year old has something that the one year old wants, then he'll just walk over and take it. Society tells you that you need to ignore your human nature and behave in a manner that's counter to your instincts. Some people use their freedom to obey the laws of society. To obey the controls that are in place. To conform. Others use their freedom to not conform and continue to take what they want into adulthood. These people have more of their freedom taken away.

I'm not saying that all people are children, but I do think that it's a little unrealistic to think that we're mature enough to not be controlled either by money, the threat of violence/incarceration, or some other method such as societal pressures.

No that would be like describing the Grand Canyon in words rather than you going there. It's not the same. Trust me, Zeitgeist Addendum is one of the GREATEST films ever made. It leaves you with a different consciousness afterward. It's a MUST SEE. Just watch 30 minutes a day if you don't have time? And pay attention. It requires several viewings to really grasp.

Go to Google Video and watch it:

video.google.com...

or YouTube

www.youtube.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join