It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

how did nasa no there is no atmosphere in

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Ah... but they do transmit sound... it's just that the molecular density is so thin that it might as well be random noise. Quiet, subtle, inaudible random noise.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 11:41 PM
link   
There are some "space Sounds" on youtube wherein they feed the electromagnetic signals and then they are reproduced by a computer. Jupiter sounds nice. Some of these sounds are very relaxing to people. I would be interested in others opinions on these.

[edit on 27-7-2010 by Starbug3MY]

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 12:31 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

The creation of the Barometer in the 1643, by Evangelista Torricelli, allowed man to judge the height of the atmosphere based on the weight of the air pressing down. It was estimated that the atmosphere was roughly 8km high. High level flying added to our knowledge that the atmosphere got thinner with increased altitude, and measurements were taken at various heights. As a matter of fact, the altimeter of aircraft are set to ground level barometric pressure, then they base their altitude from sea level on static port barometric pressure readings. So we had a pretty good idea at what height the atmosphere ended by the time we were launching our first rockets.

Good question BTW..

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

[edit on 7/28/2010 by defcon5]

new topics

<< 1   >>

join