It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Elders of ATS

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by State of Mind

Ah... that makes it a bit more complicated indeed.

Have you tried to ask if it is possible to find it by staff members if you give them your old user name and the e-mail adress it is supposed to be in ?

Your account should still be in the member list. It should not be difficult for you to find and identify it in there. From there on ATS staff should be able to get it up in running again.

Well... If you still remember your user name that is.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Well... If you still remember your user name that is.
reply to post by Sinter Klaas

Yah! in other words if you haven't gone totally senial.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   
I think it's a very bad idea. It creates a certain hierarchy and that's wrong, it's not what ATS is all about as a mod already stated. Also, there is no reason to assume an opinion from an 'elder' is more valuable. And why would it, what's the logic behind it?

In short, I 'hate' the idea.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinter Klaas

I'll try that! I remember the username, I even found my old profile, I just can't remember the password. I'll shoot a message to a Mod and see what can be done. Thanks

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by plube

This is very pretty,thank-you very much for
the time you spent making this.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
reply to post by Becker44

I like the way you think.

I do put a lot on respect. In the old school way.
Thank you Becker and
Be well

Seriously though...you are right. We all have things to offer here and being here for many years doesn't necessarily add anything. We are all important pieces of this machine.

Absolutely, For the record no one is denying that. No one is taking anything away from that. So the next person to exclaim that it takes
every drop of water to make an ocean. Or it takes every card to make a full deck or I'm gonna pinch off your catheter. ..............sssssshhhhhhheeesshh face melts in hands.

I'm kidding of course.

I am new and i was one of the first to point out the wisdom of the elders infaliability and this is how the OP respectfully responds

Thanks for the unfounded, "cheap as the suit you prolly ware", shot. Pal.
Good thing you have knowledge and understanding. Did you leave it in the closet today or what?

Come on back sometime. Hopefully after you learn to insult people using
a lil grammar.
or in your case maybe it's grammer. i dunno.

now my grammar might be not nothing no good.

but my suit cost me at least 20 dollars.

Anyways like the old school repect...but it only applies to Elders i guess

[edit on 023131p://f55Monday by plube]

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Well you can see how new i am as my nested quoting sucks...Even being new i am willing to speak out even it it leaves a 666 mark on me....

but always up for a good debate....and i was not insulting...i was point out what many ohters that have followed have said.

i just pointed it out right away and pointed out the one thing...that an elder does not necessarily have more wisdom.

IF you want to form a group of Elite Elders to mark your territory it is up to you.

and just cause i found it insulting.....does not mean it was a personal attack on Randyvs.

but in his infinate wisdom he personally attacks my suit and my grammar.

cheers

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by plube

Alright Plube I felt you were going off on me for no reason at all.
I really don't see how you could find the OP offensive.
Then again, maybe I'm an insensitive low brow cave dweller. If the OP
offended you somehow that was not my intention.

In the future, I promise to run every thread by you first, for your approval.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by 2weird2live2rare2die
what if you been registered for two days? shouldn't you also then have some sort of special revered status? i demand it immediately.

I second that!

I was wondering, if I was to thump the side of my head hard enough would my grandiose illusions fade away? I need an 'elder' to explain the exact way to do this

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Say_It_Already

I was wondering, if I was to thump the side of my head hard enough would my grandiose illusions fade away? I need an 'elder' to explain the exact way to do this

I can't speak for other elders but...

I use either a rolled up "National Geographic" or a cucumber picked fresh from the garden for my head thumpin.

It's rumored that some of the female elders have special utensils for dealing with grandiose illusions.

[edit on 7-8-2010 by whaaa]

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
It's rumored that some of the female elders have special utensils for dealing with grandiose illusions.

I find a wooden rolling pin works best.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Obviously what I said went over the heads of the last two posters!

Back to the topic. While it is true that I have only been a member for (almost) two days, I have been lurking around the site for quite some time now. I have seen an overwhelming trend from people who have been on ATS for years. The so-called 'elders' are usually the ones whom ignore new members (picture looking down their nose at someone) as being unproven to their worthiness. Not every 'elder' does this. However, most do. It's a bit discouraging to new members. It may certainly make some new members feel unwelcomed and that is where I get upset. The more minds we have that contribute on the threads, the more we can expand our knowledge. Older and/or longer membership does not equal more knowledge or wisdom.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   

My response was a joke. I wasn't being serious.

The so-called 'elders' are usually the ones whom ignore new members (picture looking down their nose at someone) as being unproven to their worthiness.

By the same token, there are some new members who believe that the rest of us are lost and that they have come to show us the light, as it were. And no I don't mean you, so please don't take it that way. Some people are just full of themselves regardless of how long they've been posting here. The trick is to just ignore the ones who have no interest in talking to you and would rather talk at you. There are all kinds here, some are really great people, and some aren't.

The more minds we have that contribute on the threads, the more we can expand our knowledge. Older and/or longer membership does not equal more knowledge or wisdom.

Absolutely. I don't even pay attention to who's post I'm reading, let alone when they registered, most of the time. I'll notice who it is if I respond to them, or if they've responded to me, but that's about it.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Jenna

Jenna, I hope I didn't come off harshly! I have a tendency to appear that way, but as you know typing isn't like speaking
. So, I hope I have not offended you or anyone else for that matter. I was just making an observation. Another thing I have noticed, as you previously mentioned, is about new members who feel they know everything. I've seen that alot as well. It's sad, but there does seem to be an abundance of arrogance here on ATS/BTS. This is why I support the current setup of ATS/BTS without an "elder panel". It seems that this is already in place anyways and that's why I mentioned the 'snubbing' reference in previous reply.

I've spoken too much and will leave it to that. Sorry for taking over the post- *gracefully bows out*

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Say_It_Already

No worries! I wasn't offended in the least.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Based on your standards, I am an "Elder." I was a member of ATS since early 2004
. However, I feel that we, as ATSers, should value every ATSer's posts. All the great posters start somewhere, right?

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

It would be very difficult to establish an Elder status based on the year they registed because there was no Stars, Flags or Applause.

I will say this, ATS has gone down a different direction since I started blogging here in 02' and 03' . Seems very few individuals connect the dots, and those that do are few and far between.

People who earned titles such as writer-fighter-scholar are well deserved.

These type of Blogs are what makes ATS, a well worth site.

All Roads lead to Rome

Fox

[edit on 8/7/2010 by FoxStriker]

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Don't they say... "The first step towards intelligence is admitting you don't know anything."?

Tips:

1. Search before you post ! (quite a bit of topics end up closed or just plain empty. Search before you start a thread. It will save you some time and effort.)

2. Keep your debating civil. (A lot, (I want to say most, but i'll give the benefit of the doubt to some.) of members cant debate anyone without getting heated and start name calling. Despite the fact that the staff has a zero tolerance for it, it ruins everyone else's good time.

3. Leave the drama at the door. ( Most of us non-chaos loving folks come on here to escape from the intenseness and drama of our every day lives. So, we escape to a virtual world where we can wipe the slate clean. Be mindful of that.

All I have for now. Ive been on ATS all night. My thought process is kind of battling me right now.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

Agree.

I was discussing these type topics on other forums before I discovered ATS.

I had OBE's since birth - way back in 1946. I've seen a Flying Saucer.

My mom was into metaphysics - way back in the 1950s.

My mom also belonged to a group in the 1950s - called "The Mental Shop" - - that discussed UFO's - had guest speakers - one who wrote a book called: "Inside the Spaceships"

Just because I did not discover this forum in its infancy - - - has nothing to do with my interest - experiences - and knowledge.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Not really. Just an attempt at levity. I find that ATS taste a lot better with a liberal sprinkling of humor. It's an acquired taste however.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join