How to win a war?

page: 1

join

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   
As i listen to the the wikileaks and others commenting on how the war is being fought in the middle east, I wonder what would have happened if the same "information" was available during WWII.

Once people saw the horrendous loss of life on D-Day...would they have demanded that we stop? I expect we quite possibly might have lost that war if we were bound by the new rules of engagement that are in place today.

My personal thought is that our soldiers are being killed because they have to be politicall correct and cannot defend themselves properly. We apparently want a democracy in place far more than the people over there do. Democracy is a product of a more advanced civililization...they are not that...they still prefer the the old religious based systems discarded by us after the dark ages...and they are entitled to that...we cannot bring them into the 20th century unless they want to come. I think we ought to bring our soldiers home and let them remain in the dust of their old ideas and undeveloped countries.

Just my 2 cents...

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Don't show up.

That's the best way to win a war.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I agree the types of mistakes highlighted by wiki leaks are inevitable in war . if we conducted ourselves in a similar manner to Afghanistan during world war 2 we would have lost ,being unable to bomb whole German manufacturing(and civilian)areas.WW2 was really total war two powerful industrial sides fighting a war of annihilation .The war in Afghanistan by comparison is tiny.Really an imperial adventure which we fight in a half assed way.Personally i think it's a fraud even the Pentagon says there's only about 100 'al queda' left in Afghanistan.We shouldn't have bothered nation building.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   
So the premise of this thread is that the only way to win a war is to keep the public blind to what it actually is? Sounds fun.

I bet if people were more clear about what war was, we would do anything to stop one from happening.

edit:

I agree the types of mistakes highlighted by wiki leaks are inevitable in war .

Which is exactly why war is not an answer.

[edit on 27-7-2010 by DINSTAAR]

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by wiseone11

we cannot bring them into the 20th century

Note: This is not the 20th century. It has not been the 20th century for nearly a decade.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   
I do sympathize with the soldiers, who having been trained to fight a war, are being asked to fight with one hand tied behind their backs. Our soldiers have not really been trained to win hearts and minds. They have been trained to kill.
Nevertheless, history has shown what happens to countries who decide to invade Afghanistan. Afghans are used to having invading forces and grow up as hardened fighter's. All they care about is ridding their land of foreign forces.

This war is unwinable in my opinion, it's a real mess and I can't see how any sort of victory can be achieved.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   
The way to win this war is by attrition. No shots need be fired.
Instead give the populace free internet access, free computers, free
IPODs, free cell phones, free movies, and free video games....

Wait twenty years for the new democratic generation to grow up.

Nobody dies, the cost would be A FRACTION of actual war, nobody hates
America for aggression...it's a win-win-win.

It is that easy....

top topics

join