It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone from Boise, Idaho?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Good day fellow members,

I just wondered if any of you are from Boise, Idaho?

I am an Englisman looking to emigrate and have been very interested by job prospects in this area of the US.

I would be looking to emigrate within about a year subject to getting a visa, job etc.

I have been researching the area and this would seem the place i would want to come to live.

Is anyone from Boise? Could you give me any idea insight into the local area? What is it like to live here? Are there many other english ex pats around?

I am a plumber and there seems to be a fair amount of work in my trade in this area.

I thank you for your time

Best regards.

[edit on 27-7-2010 by KingDoey]

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Why Boise ?? ..... just, ..... why.

I spent a week out there for my cousins wedding, I hated it.

It was summer time, so I was in a constant state of dampness, ... it is hotter than one can imagine, it also snows in the winter time.

Everything is also really, really spread out. Corn fields everywhere. It took us probably 20 to 30 minutes to get from one house to another, or to simply go to the store.

He's tried to convince me on moving, ... but overall it's kind of depressing. Yet don't let my lack of enthusiams deter you, I live in California, so any place is kind of hard to compare. Coming from the UK you might find it a step up.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by IntastellaBurst

It just looks like my sort of place. A quiet city in the middle of nowhere, with the wilderness right on the doorstep.... Do you know if there are any other English migrants in the area?

The weather sounds ideal, compared to the Great British climate!!! I have been looking on google maps and it looks quite peaceful. I have been living in London for a while and the constant hecticness of 'city life' does my head in.

Also job prospects seem good for my line of work. Either here or Vancouver Canada...

I am fed up of the UK already. I am only 21 but want to seek a better life for myself.

I thank you for your response friend.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by KingDoey

I was only there a week, ... but I would doubt there are many migrants, I saw alot of white, ... country types out there.

Usualy i would suggest where I live, ... as it brings alot of migrants from all over the world. My math teach was English, I also met an Aussie who gave up everything, took out a bunch of loans, and moved out here, he loves it. The weather is perfect, never too cold, never too hot, right on the ocean, ... Wine Country.

However as your a plumber by trade I think you'd find too much competition out here, unless you really wanted to lowball and charge $30 an hour.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by IntastellaBurst

Yeah fair enough mate, will bear it in mind. I don't know why but i seem to be drawn to Boise. Like i say maybe the fact that it seems quiet with the wilderness on the doorstep...

Thanks for the info though, really appreciate it. And BTW $30 sounds ok?! We get £10.00 an hour on with the firm i work for!!!

Anyone else got any more information?

It will be much appreciated.

All the best

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   
I lived in Burley, Idaho for about a year. I loved it! Burley is about an hour drive south of Boise. My ideal retirement place is the Couer d' Alene area. Idaho gets pretty cold in the winter but not too hot in the summer. I don't recall seeing any folks from the UK though.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by darkelf

Interesting to hear that you don't see any UK people. Perhaps because it isn't one of the well publisised destinations for us Brits.

In a way thats what I like about it....

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   
To be honest my opinion is probably worthless, but I'm British and I'm pretty sure I visited Boise, while on holiday in the USA, about ten years ago.

I remember it was great, but then I was young and on holiday so we could have been in Bumtown USA and it would have seemed awesome.

new topics

top topics

join