It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Islam Is Peace, Smoking Does Not Cause Cancer.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by bettermakings

What constitute peace when any religion is involve?

In a nutshell, the very purpose of religion is to give mankind a path towards civilisation, away from the trees and caves, to form communities and evolve mentally beyond barbarism.

It uses the concept of punishments and rewards so that our mentally challenged ancestors would toe the line and follow the guide. You will find it similar in all mainstream religions, except buddhism but buddhism is not a religion, it is only a WAY of life.

And it is such concept of justice that many modern persons would find it unconstitutional and utterly barbaric, a loss of free will and dealing with some angry vicious being and followers, which is far from the truth because they are only focusing on the punishment aspect and not the rewarding ones.

While we may have mentally progressed, we are still far from a higher state of existance and thinking. Wars and greed still pervades us all.

Worse is the stagnation of knowledge. We take pride in going to the moon and mars, and yet we still cannot find a cure for the common cold, let alone other diseases.

There is still so much to learn, and to understand the rewards part, which our childish and illiterate mind either cannot comprehend or refuse to understand, taking it in disbelief and discounted away, thus leaving only the punishment aspect which every man - good or evil - will be angered and bitter.

Therefore, to such persons, not only is Islam not a religion of peace, but ALL mainstream religions are not religions of peace as well.

And no, I am not a Muslim. I am only an insignificant nobody, but a fellow human first before our differences set us apart to you and to all.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by bettermakings
reply to post by zroth

I say, what is defined as "murder" is different in each of the BIG 3.

Also when it comes to "propaganda" in America, are you talking about people quoting the Koran? That's not propaganda, that's called quoting the Koran.

Mr. Miyagi (karate kid) said "there is no such thing as bad student, only bad teacher."

the definition of murder is ingrained in the core of our DNA. People know what is right and wrong intuitively. this is the natural order.

I agree that religious leaders, high in their order, are abusing the word and presenting it out of context. Several evangelical leaders did this after Katrina and 9/11, blaming "god's wrath" on our lifestyle in America.

What I mean by propganda in the US is simply that, progoganda. An example outside of your current thread is the way the US has presented France for 70 years. That country is one of the few that has kept its nation strong by considering its citizens above all. So the US tears them down and villainizes them in the media because their healthy lifestyle is not good for corporations, if US citizens demanded the same benefits in work/life balance.

On topic, there are no righteous men of God that believe any of the hogwash attributed to religion in this world. Religion is a tool, like race, gree, etc. to push forward the goal of global domination.

Peace be upon you, May God Bless You, Shalom.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join