It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Aliens and Ancient Civilizations - The Dogon

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Anyone watch Ancient Aliens on H.C?

Watched a fascinating bit about a tribe called the Dogon in Africa. They believed they were descended from Sirius B. That's all good.. But Sirius B isn't visible to the naked eye!

They even developed tools that show the orbits of these planets around Sirius B!

This coincides with the Egyptian belief that they were descended from Sirius..

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   
The dog star. This is a fascinating tribe for sure.

The first time I heard of them was from a Hancock and company book I believe.

They have an interesting creation mythology and their symbols are insane.

More info

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Mooradian

theres a reason our history is a mystery! theres also a reason why ancient religions are told to be myths to keep logical thinkers from making what is explained as impossible by ancients into logical theories which is what ancient aliens does for u!

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by zroth

you realise oannes is enki right? well could be mistaken to be enki as they both have a similiar description..

Adapa was a mortal from a godly lineage, a son of Ea (Enki in Sumerian), the god of wisdom and of the ancient city of Eridu, who brought the arts of civilization to that city (from Dilmun, according to some versions). He broke the wings of Ninlil the South Wind, who had overturned his fishing boat, and was called to account before Anu. Ea, his patron god, warned him to apologize humbly for his actions, but not to partake of food or drink while he was in heaven, as it would be the food of death. Anu, impressed by Adapa's sincerity, offered instead the food of immortality, but Adapa heeded Ea's advice, refused, and thus missed the chance for immortality that would have been his.

Adapa is often identified as advisor to the mythical first (antediluvian) king of Eridu, Alulim. In addition to his advisory duties, he served as a priest and exorcist, and upon his death took his place among the Seven Sages or Apkallū. (Apkal, "sage", comes from Sumerian Abgallu (Ab=water, Gal=Great, Lu=man) a reference to Adapa, the first sage's association with water.)

Some scholars suggest the Abgallu were seafarers aboard a ship from the Indus River Valley/Mohenjo Daro civilization comparable in age to ancient Sumer and has some identified parallels to the Sumerian knowledge base (like Base-5 mathematics, irrigation systems/water management engineering and mud-brick cities

Oannes (Hovhannes [Հովհաննես] in Armenian) was the name given by the Babylonian writer Berossus in the 3rd century BC to a mythical being who taught mankind wisdom. Berossus describes Oannes as having the body of a fish but underneath the figure of a man. He is described as dwelling in the Persian Gulf, and rising out of the waters in the daytime and furnishing mankind instruction in writing, the arts and the various sciences.

The name "Oannes" was once conjectured to be derived from that of the ancient Babylonian god Ea [1], but it is now known that the name is the Greek form of the Babylonian Uanna (or Uan) a name used for Adapa in texts from the Library of Ashurbanipal.[2][3] The Assyrian texts attempt to connect the word to the Akkadian for a craftsman ummanu but this is a merely a pun [2].

Oannes was portrayed as a man wearing the skin of a fish.

Iosif Shklovsky and Carl Sagan cited tales of Oannes as deserving closer scrutiny as a possible instance of paleocontact due to its consistency and detail.[4]

[edit on 27-7-2010 by metalholic]

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   
What is also interesting is the fact that their ancestors were kicked out of egypt a looong time ago due to their beliefs or something.. They also have practiced the ritualistic dance that depicts their creation story for hundreds of years. What also astonishes me is that people hear their story, and still can say that they learned about the sirus system from european travelers, or from astrologers in the 60's or something. When absolutely no one knew they existed till a few years ago... Its crazy.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Thanks for posting

Significant

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by ammilam

might wanna add proof of that in here...that they wasnt discovered till recently if there is proof!

[edit on 27-7-2010 by metalholic]

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mooradian
Anyone watch Ancient Aliens on H.C?

Watched a fascinating bit about a tribe called the Dogon in Africa. They believed they were descended from Sirius B. That's all good.. But Sirius B isn't visible to the naked eye!

They even developed tools that show the orbits of these planets around Sirius B!

This coincides with the Egyptian belief that they were descended from Sirius..

Or does it? Member IssacKoi provided an examination of the Dogon-Sirius connection, one that is far more in-depth than the biased Ancient Aliens series. Koi's examination raises many questions and doubts about the claims regarding the Dogon.

Dogon Alien "Mystery" Demystified

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Sorry about that. Posted it in kinda a hurry, this link talks about them migrating from Egypt. Im not really sure how to embed a link here but im gonna try bare with me

www.crystalinks.com...

I guess really most of what i was saying I heard on the history channel during that series ancient aliens. Im trying to find more proof sorry about that

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Wow thats really interesting. There is a book by Eric Von Daniken Chariots of the gods which touches on similar things. the whole book is an essay, sounds boring but its not it has pictures, on how we are all descendants from a more technologically advanced species which brought us knowledge.

At first you think this is a load of BS but he explains it quite well really interesting read if you want to know more on the topic.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Thanks for the great information. The tribes like the Dogon--with their unbelieveable (especially for the time) knowledge of unknown stars are clearly a "smoking gun" to the existence of ancient astronauts. Unfortunately it seems that the mainstream is hellbound on denying the fact that they had this knowledge before they should have and will go to any means nessessary to discredit it.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   

The interesting thing is the Dogon has Sirius with two companions, not one. In his book "The Sirius Mystery", Robert Temple writes about the tribe in depth and some of the things they knew are remarkable.

Sirius C (a red dwarf) was recently discovered also orbiting Sirius A. There are new theories that red dwarfs are great for the development of life on planets as they are very stable stars.

I find this to be an interesting enigma, and do recommend people read the very well researched book "The Sirius Mystery" by Robert Temple.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   
No-one mingles in my soup!

To quote a known'...uhh.. lets say genetic engineer. If someone had manipulated menkind in the last 50.000 years a certain individual on this planet would have noticed when he was tossed with the force of a meteorite on this ball of mud in the middle of nowhere.

But I guess you have to know a little to understand a little.

Anyhoo's back to business, I think it is a rather compelling story, but after reading the topic posted above about contemination it is clear that it is nothing really more then that. TTh human mind is creative in forming paths were non exist but there is no factual proof their knowledge is older then 200 years.

[edit on 27-7-2010 by AncientShade]

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   
sorry for the small opening post, had to make it quick

but yes i am going to read chariots of the gods, but ive been researching and keeping up with this for 4 years..

simply too much ancient evidence... how can people deny this? its absurd.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by AncientShade
No-one mingles in my soup!

To quote a known'...uhh.. lets say genetic engineer. If someone had manipulated menkind in the last 50.000 years a certain individual on this planet would have noticed when he was tossed with the force of a meteorite on this ball of mud in the middle of nowhere.

But I guess you have to know a little to understand a little.

Anyhoo's back to business, I think it is a rather compelling story, but after reading the topic posted above about contemination it is clear that it is nothing really more then that. TTh human mind is creative in forming paths were non exist but there is no factual proof their knowledge is older then 200 years.

[edit on 27-7-2010 by AncientShade]

but theres no factual proof that westerners gave them that info? they have tools hundreds of years old that show the orbits of Sirius B and her planets?

How can you deny the ancient alien phenomenon??

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   
i posted this thread a while back about the dogon.

its linked to some research a university in canada done on ancient religions and the dogon, well worth a read, enjoy- www.abovetopsecret.com...

even my dad was impressed, thats saying something!!!!!

[edit on 11:11 by WHOS READY]

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   

also read the gods of eden by william bramley

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by zcflint05

another smoking gun is the book of the law by aleister crowley idc what u think of him the book is undeniable! suppsoively authore dot him by an alien in cairo egypt 1904...and it talks about things that cant be seen unless u use the hubble telescope and also talks about wireless being popular! and alot of other things including government...and the whole each person lives in there own universe theory which makes sense the way the book puts it

new topics

top topics

join